Anyone doing Day Rates in FLL these days??

As usual, since I'm an LA person, I always get stuck for the day in FLL after a cruise because most of the flights home are are either too early (7-8am), or not til after 6pm.

In August, my flight home isn't until 7:35pm, so once again I am looking for a hotel near FLL airport that I can hang out in a room with a nice pool from 11am-5pm.

The issue is that I need to get into the room at 11am, and most regular room reservations don't get you into a room til 2 or 3 ish.:eek:

It usually takes quite a bit of looking to find what I need, and in 2012 the hotel we found was awful, never again!!

SO if anyone as any info on a decent hotel that is doing this, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks!!

Wow I'm running into this problem right now with flights back to upstate NY from FLL. I didn't know hotels offered a day rate. Any info would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked into this with a cruise in april and never found anything. We decided to booked an earlier flight but sometimes that isn't an option. With as many ships coming and going there would seem to be a financial opportunity here...but guess not.:(

I looked into this with a cruise in april and never found anything. We decided to booked an earlier flight but sometimes that isn't an option. With as many ships coming and going there would seem to be a financial opportunity here...but guess not.:(

What time did your ship come in and what time was your morning flight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As usual, since I'm an LA person, I always get stuck for the day in FLL after a cruise because most of the flights home are are either too early (7-8am), or not til after 6pm.

In August, my flight home isn't until 7:35pm, so once again I am looking for a hotel near FLL airport that I can hang out in a room with a nice pool from 11am-5pm.

The issue is that I need to get into the room at 11am, and most regular room reservations don't get you into a room til 2 or 3 ish.:eek:

It usually takes quite a bit of looking to find what I need, and in 2012 the hotel we found was awful, never again!!

SO if anyone as any info on a decent hotel that is doing this, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks!!

Maybe not the greatest, but transportation, pool, room with a shower. Plus it's available at 10:00AM. all for $49.00 I also have a link to others, but each one depends on availability and only last minute. I'll get the link when I get home. In the mean time, this place I've mentioned might work: http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html

Maybe not the greatest, but transportation, pool, room with a shower. Plus it's available at 10:00AM. all for $49.00 I also have a link to others, but each one depends on availability and only last minute. I'll get the link when I get home. In the mean time, this place I've mentioned might work: http://www.hotelftlauderdale.net/dayroom.html

This is a GREAT deal, but I don't think it's the right place for me. Looking for something along the lines of a Hilton, Sheraton or Hyatt. I'm trying to convince Embassy Suites, where we are staying pre-cruise, to let us come back for the day.:cool:

But this is great if I can't find anything else, thanks!!:)

In January 2014 we took a 6:30 pm flight back to Los Angeles out of FLL after getting off the Liberty in MIA. We opted to have our transportation not pick us up from the cruise port until 10:00 a.m. and sitting in the airport sucked. The morning of disembarkation, I noticed people were disembarking before 7am! Thus, for our next cruise, also out of MIA, we've booked a 12:00 Noon return flight out of FLL :)

Which one? Rate? Package? :confused:

I actually found two that work:

Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port 954 760-0000, they guarantee the room by 11am, $99. Contact: Hugh (from Jamaica!!)

Roadway Inn and Suites 954 792-8181 they give you the room from 10-6, plus free shuttle from the ship to the hotel, then from the hotel to the airport. $50. Contact: Kourtney (with a 'K' like a Kardashian!)

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port 954 760-0000, they guarantee the room by 11am, $99. Contact: Hugh (from Jamaica!!)

Roadway Inn and Suites 954 792-8181 they give you the room from 10-6, plus free shuttle from the ship to the hotel, then from the hotel to the airport. $50. Contact: Kourtney (with a 'K' like a Kardashian!)

If you disliked Hyatt Place you are really going to hate Rodeway Inn.

If you disliked Hyatt Place you are really going to hate Rodeway Inn.

My problem wasn't with the hotel itself, it was under major construction at the time we were there, everything was a total mess, and they didn't tell me when I booked it.

They had overbooked the hotel not taking into consideration that many of the rooms would not be usable due to the construction. The manager flat out lied about it, then tried to put us in one room that smelled of chemicals.

The room was not ready at 11am as promised, then, the room we finally had to settle on, had all the windows blacked out with plastic wrap due to outdoor painting.:eek:

The final straw, they had promised a free airport shuttle, but the ONE shuttle they had was being used to trasport people to and from a wedding.

Never again.

Please come back and report how you made out. I am looking for something a little later this year also

• 2 months later...

I came across this link from the Broward County Tourist Office's webpage, listing which hotels would give day rates IF they have availability. I have not tried any, since we're sailing in November. Will let you know if I get anything else besides the Roadway Inn.

http://www.sunny.org/travel-trade/pre-post-cruise/hotel-shuttles/

• 2 weeks later...