AOS -update

somewhere I read that the cupcake cupboard isn't there.

Yes, I remember that too. The cupcakes were supposed to be in Cafe Promenade, but the poster said they did not see any cupcakes there.

Just returned from AOS and no Cupcake cupboard.

The new Giovannis is nice.

Big screen I can live without.

Nice new decking round pool

New serving plates for salads in Windjammer, no big desserts all bit sized cakes.

New cabins outside deck 3 dining area.

New Diamond lounge on deck 14.....very bright yellow furnishings and outside area has huge tables and chairs.

Touch screen direction finders

Much much better WIFI conections.

Some have said new carpets in cabins but only some decks and flat screen TV s

Cannot think of anything else at the moment but sure others will add to my list.

I read a report this morning that the quality of towels/bedding on the transatlantic repo. are a disgrace! If that was the case with us I would have called the floor housekeeper to sort it out. I read that the stateroom attendant was embarrassed to use them..............what does that say just as she starts her summer season from Southampton.

We board her in November back to San Juan!!

Thank goodness there is no Cupcake Cupboard - what a waste of space it is on Liberty - never saw anybody there in 14 days!! Shame there is no Park Café - they are excellent for grab and go at all mealtimes.

Agree about Park Cafe. I don't know why they can't seem to put one on a Voyager or Freedom class ship.

Just came off AOS transatlantic. Cabins are still worn & tired & balconies are a disgrace we hardly used ours. Partly design & partly disgusting rust marks, old worn furniture & horrid flooring.

They have done very little to this ship. Giovanni's is amazing we ate there 3 times. Mainly as beef dishes in MDR were not good at all. Fish lamb etc were all nice & we had lobster !!!! small but nice.

Some new decking around pool & Diamond Lounge which was closed in the evenings due to large numbers (we were jammed in Concierge Lounge like sardines)

Hot tubs have been refreshed too. Lounge on deck 5 above theatre is tired dated & smelly. MDR carpets are badly marked & worn. By night when lights were dimmed it looked much better.

Compared to work done on Navigator this ship is very dissappointing. No where was there any feeling of luxury except Giovanni's & Diamond Lounge.

The rear Island Grill area of the Windjammer is really bad. Worn dirty carpet & bad furniture. It looked like a factory canteen Yuck ....

I have taken AOS off list of ships I will now travel on.

I read a report this morning that the quality of towels/bedding on the transatlantic repo. are a disgrace! If that was the case with us I would have called the floor housekeeper to sort it out. I read that the stateroom attendant was embarrassed to use them..............what does that say just as she starts her summer season from Southampton.

We board her in November back to San Juan!!

It was me who made comment re towels and robes. Spoke to a supervisor early on who was with our excellent cabin attendant outside in hallway and expressed my disappointment. Was worried the cabin attendant would get pulled up but she thanked me and that was when she said she was embarrassed at having to leave such awful towels. We were given a bottle of fizzy wine and a plate of chocolate strawberries! Incidently We had new carpets in the cabin newly covered sofa and a new green mat on balcony.