Tips for making WCMC

karinad

I'm planning on making warm choc. melting cake tonight. I mad it once before, over a year ago, and it didn't turn out as it should. Has anyone perfected the home version and how not to ruin it?

Also, does anyone store the leftovers and re-heat?

I haven't tried making it again for that long because it's way to "dangerous" to keep making!

Thanks!

What was wrong with it when you made it? I've found that the time required varies greatly by oven. That also changes how liquid it is in the middle.

I guess I over-baked them. I just took out the ramekins that I have and noticed that they look a little larger then then the ones I seen used. I was just on youtube watching a video of someone making it and she tested it on the edge and the toothpick was dry and in the middle and it was wet.

Normally, I would have no trouble under-baking a cake! Of course the size of the ramekin matters and since with a larger one the batter will be more spread out and will bake faster.

I read that some bake it in a pan of water.

I guess I over-baked them.

I read that some bake it in a pan of water.

We do it the same way we make creme brulee, by placing the ramekins in a roasting pan filled with water.

Comes out fabulously. Make sure you have the correct recipe too; there are a few floating around.

Enjoy!

Kevin C

Edited by kmc500

We do it the same way we make creme brulee, by placing the ramekins in a roasting pan filled with water.

Comes out fabulously. Make sure you have the correct recipe too; there are a few floating around.

Enjoy!

Kevin C

Anyone want to share the correct recipe? We all loved it on our recent cruise....all of us had it every night!

I'm not sure that I had the original recipe. I don't have it in front of me, but the ingredients were simple. 4 eggs at room temp., 3/4 c. semi-sweet choc., 3/4 c. sugar., 1/4 c. flour, 1/2teas. vanilla, 1 1/2 sticks butter. Melt butter & choc. and let cool. Wisk eggs and add sugar and wisk together. Add flour to the egg. mixture. Add the cooled choc. mixture to the egg mixture. Add vanilla. Put in individual ramekins and bake at 375degrees for 14 mins. The baking time could vary.

I did make this today. It came out pretty good, at least the one I tasted. I think I'd use different chocolate the next time. I used Nestles Semi-Sweet Choc. Morsels.

I googled for the recipe. There is one from Carnival Fun Times that calls for 7 eggs and increased ingredients. I think I'd leave out the vanilla next time.