CDG (again)

Ms Understood

I arrive LAX to CDG on DL859 operated by AF to connect to DL 8562 also operated by AF to FCO. If I am reading the maps right (iffy) we will land at 2F and depart also 2F, meaning my 1.45 layover which sounds tight is actually plenty of time to connect, right? I am sitting in the front of the bus so can disembark quickly. I have had some pretty rough connections here before akin to the Bataan death march to get to next gate and am hoping that this will not be the case.

Always appreciative of the insights provided by the experts on this board.

--------------------

Helen

Edited by Ms Understood

What you might be missing is the fact you need to go thru Passport check at CDG. So, that could take some time. Sitting in the front of the bus helps, but at many European airports, the flights from the US tend to land in a fairly narrow window of time. So there could be long lines at Passport Check.

That being said, 1:40 at CDG should be fine if you are on time.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Skyteam extra-Schengen flights operate from T2E. Intra-Schengen operate from T2F. So you will be changing buildings.

Even within T2E, there are THREE different concourses under the generic T2E, so you still have a bunch of real estate even there.

You might want to check your flight number. DL codeshares on AF are four digits. I think you meant AF 859, which is their LAX-CDG. And you had best be one of the early ones off....that's an A380, so you will have LOTS of people at the immigration desks!

Hi FlyerTalker, I need your expertise -- we are flying Air France from Barcelona to Paris (through CDG) and then home to San Francisco. Our BCN to Paris flight lands at Terminal 2E and then (about 2 hours later) departs for SFO from Terminal 2F. Can you please tell me how far apart the terminals are, if it is walkable for us with (older) kids, and how many lines we can anticipate waiting in? I assume that if our BCN flight is on time that the connection will be long enough. Thank you!

Go to the AirFrance website and read about connections HERE.

A connections map can be found HERE. Look for the purple dots, which are airside walking routes.

And FYI, going BCN-CDG-USA, you would arrive from BCN at T2F and depart from T2E, not the other way around as you wrote. How far is completely dependent on which gates your arrive at, but CDG is a large airport. Walk to your gate area first, then look for shops or food (which is better in T2E anyhow). Queues are impossible to predict - you will have outbound immigration and a security screening.

You can also look at the CDG website HERE.