Why do you love cruising so much?

Helenalee

Let's see--someone else cooks, someone else cleans, and I can go dancing pretty much any time my heart desires. It is also the very best way to meet lots of new people, which we just absolutely love. Moreover, we both sleep like babies at sea--especially in rough weath.

What's not to love?

I love standing on our balcony wind in our faces, enjoying a glass of wine in our little patch of happiness. I also love watching Ports come into view, I feel it is greeting only us, I know it sounds ridiculous, but that makes me feel special ;)

Funny thing, DW and I recently completed our third cruise. First Alaska, second Med, third Panama Full Transit.

On first two, the ports where the destination and the ship was a novelty. We did not understand why people cruise ever year and often b2b.

We were a bit anxious about Panama because of so many sea days. This last cruise we got it !, Loved the ship - food - entertainment. We bought FCCs and are looking at next year's itinerary :)

Edited by Tedferg

We take longer cruises (30 or 40 days usually). I love the feeling when I don't know the date, or the day of the week and I don't care

+1

On our last B2B cruise, we asked a waitress what day it was and she didnt know. We asked all 12 of the other waitstaff and none of them knew either. Finally the Maitre D told us It was Monday as he remembered he called his daughter on Sundays. I only asked because I didnt know, didnt care either :)

Funny thing, DW and I recently completed our third cruise. First Alaska, second Med, third Panama Full Transit.

On first two, the ports where the destination and the ship was a novelty. We did not understand why people cruise ever year and often b2b.

We were a bit anxious about Panama because of so many sea days. This last cruise we got it !, Loved the ship - food - entertainment. We bought FCCs and are looking at next year's itinerary :)

That's the addiction I spoke of.

Good question, what to I like about cruising: BEING OUT ON DECK with only the ocean around me; BEING OUT ON DECK while going through a fjord; BEING OUT ON DECK while going through Panama Canal; BEING OUT ON DECK while going through the Hebrides at night; BEING OUT ON DECK when coming into and leaving port; BEING OUT ON DECK while passing by the Statue of Liberty; BEING OUT ON DECK while going under the Golden Gate or any bridge; BEING OUT ON DECK during a dance party at night around the Lido pool; BEING OUT ON DECK while reading a book; BEING OUT ON DECK while walking laps around the ship; BEING OUT ON DECK while taking a nap.

Edited by Susie51

I agree with most of the positive comments already posted.

However, my all time favorite moment is when the ship hits that very special point where you lose cell phone and data internet service and we have to turn all our electronics off.

I joke that we are part of the "club sandwich" generation, with three layers of care taking responsibilities, elderly parents, children still at home and grandchildren.

I am safe in the knowledge that they have the emergency number if they need to reach us. Once that ship sails, DH and I have a wonderful, carefree week ahead of us, with no-one to think about but ourselves. Glorious, sheer, heaven!!:D