Why do you love cruising so much?

Helenalee

Let's share why you love cruising so much!

1. Relaxing

2. Peace of mind, no hassle with packing & unpacking for different hotels and destinations

3. Great food

4. Great entertainments

5. Wave bye bye to those who are late getting back onboard... Lol yes, I'm evil... Lol

Vs

1. Limited time spend per port

2. Motion sickness :(

3. Itinerary is pre-fixed by cruise line (no DIY)

4. Cant experience the locals night life (unless your ship stay overnight)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let us see why. Could it be for one price I get travel, room, entertainment, food, relaxation, good company, ability to meet so many interesting people, experience different culture, enjoy fresh air and beautiful scenery and did I fail to mention it is all for one price.

VS

None comes to mind.

Our cabin steward on the Grand Mediterranean voyage put it best. He said, "you close the drapes and you are in Mykonos, in the morning you open them and you are in Istanbul". Plus during that evening people are feeding you fabulous free food, and entertaining you for free. Can't beat it.:)

I second the thoughts. We just got back from a B2B 31 day South American cruise. We could have flown home from Santiago, but the airfare was about the same as the fare for the second segment.

Well, we spent another 15 days being pampered and then took a car home from LA instead of flying!

Let us see why. Could it be for one price I get travel, room, entertainment, food, relaxation, good company, ability to meet so many interesting people, experience different culture, enjoy fresh air and beautiful scenery and did I fail to mention it is all for one price.
This, and none of the OP's reasons for cruising. I get to experience and see new places I wouldn't otherwise and meet new and interesting people who have become lifelong friends. I live where the weather is gorgeous 98% of the time and I'm retired so I don't have to get away from weather or work. Edited by Pam in CA

I love the feeling when I don't know the date, or the day of the week and I don't care

I love that feeling also, but then since I retired, I have 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday! :D But mainly I'm not in Oklahoma where if you don't like the weather just wait a couple of hours and it will change! :rolleyes:

Cruising is so relaxing and sea days are the best! ;)

d) all of the above!

Plus, I cruise at least once a year with my mom, who has mobility issues and uses a wheelchair some of the time.

We can cover a lot of ground with minimal impact... When she gets tired, she rests. I can keep right on going!

VS

None comes to mind.

I agree! We love cruising!

The biggest reason is the chance to try out different places without having to stay for a week. I always wanted the chance to visit Jerusalem, but whether I'd want to go for a week is another matter. A day from a cruise is perfect, one day can be history and ruins, the next an exotic beach. Perfect.

Plus, can you beat the price per day? I've had to pay far more than an average cruise price to get rubbish buffet-type meals in regular tourist trap hotels.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I love it so much because it is on a boat -- I just love being on a boat. Not much of a land lover.

I second the motion. I just love being on a boat. And it's a BIG boat!

The ship is the destination. ;)

I second the motion. I just love being on a boat. And it's a BIG boat!

The ship is the destination. ;)

As one CD explains it, "You can put a boat on a ship but you cannot put a ship on a boat." A really big boat is a ship. :) Edited by Pam in CA

On Princess we always feel very "At Home".

We love meeting up with old and making new cruise friends. :)

It's wonderful to be able to go to bar/lounges in the evening to have drinks because we don't have to drive home! :D

LuLu

The best part of cruising is that you put your luggage in your room and you are done. Everything you need is within walking distance. On any other vacation you spend more than half of the time negotiating what you will do next. It is even worse if you travel with a large group. You have to decide when and where you are all going and it makes you crazy!!!! Get on a ship and you choose when and where you will eat and everyone can go wherever they want and you can all meet up later. If you want to get away from the crowds it is easy.

I love being on the ocean and simply looking at beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I look forward to going to lots of different ports and seeing new and different places. And I think cruising is the most relaxing way to travel.

And some of it just can't be explained. My mom cruised a lot. When we would ask her to describe why she loved it so much she would say "oh! It is just so ...." " and it's ....." " and you feel ...." Well you get the point. She would sigh and smile and would not find words. From a very eloquent lady, in other circumstances, we felt she was not doing a very good job answering our question. Then I sailed with her and remember telling her " sorry mom for thinking you were not giving us much info, it has to be experienced, there are no words ". Then I understood. That plus all the positive things mentionned in the other posts.