Pinnacle Grill Pricing??

curtdesilets

Just curious what the pricing is for:

Pinnacle Grill Dinner ??

Pinnacle Grill Lunch ?? (Also, is it offered every day?)

Canneleto (sp?) Italian Restaurant?

We are heading to Alaska on Westerdam in a couple months. Thanks in advance!!

Just curious what the pricing is for:

Pinnacle Grill Dinner ?? $29 (Le Cirque $49, De Librije $69)

Pinnacle Grill Lunch ?? $10 (Also, is it offered every day?) No

Canneleto (sp?) Italian Restaurant? $10 - Canaletto

We are heading to Alaska on Westerdam in a couple months. Thanks in advance!!

PG lunch reservation can only be made on board.

Pinnacle Grill sometimes closes for lunch when the ship is in port.

You can check when you board which port days they will be open.

Unless there is a private event scheduled (Suite Lunch or such), Pinnacle is open for lunch on sea days.

Three Star Mariners get 25% discount on Pinnacle meals.

Four and Five Star Mariners get 50% discount. Five Star Mariners receive two free dinners. The discount applies if we dine more times than twice in Pinnacle.

the HAL site has a package for pinnacle dining for $52

"Package includes two Pinnacle Grill dinners.* Package price is per person. Reservations are to be made once onboard. *Special event dining (ie. Le Cirque, De Librije, Sommelier Dinner) in Alternative Dining venues are excluded. Packages are per person"

Does anyone know if 2 people can use the package, or is it for 2 dinners for one person? I'd like to try the PG on a regular night.

Three Star Mariners get 25% discount on Pinnacle meals.

Four and Five Star Mariners get 50% discount. Five Star Mariners receive two free dinners. The discount applies if we dine more times than twice in Pinnacle.

As a 4-star Mariner, we have paid for guests while dining at the PG and received the 50% discount for them. We have also received the 50% discount at Le Cirque for guests as well.

"Package includes two Pinnacle Grill dinners.* Package price is per person. Reservations are to be made once onboard. *Special event dining (ie. Le Cirque, De Librije, Sommelier Dinner) in Alternative Dining venues are excluded. Packages are per person"

Does anyone know if 2 people can use the package, or is it for 2 dinners for one person? I'd like to try the PG on a regular night.

My understanding is that it's 2 dinners, regardless of how you use them. It saves you about 10%.

My understanding is that it's 2 dinners, regardless of how you use them. It saves you about 10%.

However if you are 3, 4 or 5 Mariners, you will not get the 25% or 50% discount.

As a 4-star Mariner, we have paid for guests while dining at the PG and received the 50% discount for them. We have also received the 50% discount at Le Cirque for guests as well.

Ditto. When we hosted guests in Pinnacle, our Five Star discount applied to the guests as well.

thanks - I think I'll get it

I think that purchase will make me 1* mariner level before I cruise, my friend is a 2 - so we wouldn't be getting a discount otherwise.

Quick thanks to all who answer questions here - I feel like I'm getting on the ship with at least a couple days experience under my belt. I can start hour 1 at least knowing where to find food, alcohol, and the best view!

I think that purchase will make me 1* mariner level before I cruise,
You can't advance a level by pre-cruise spending, if that's what you mean. Your status won't change until about 5-7 days after the cruise on which it happens.

Ditto. When we hosted guests in Pinnacle, our Five Star discount applied to the guests as well.

What star level were the guests in each of these cases? That is, were they eligible for the discounts if they were paying for themselves?

As I've said several times, we did not get our discount in the N.A. Tamarind when hosting first-time cruisers, and that's what the official policy is (discounts can not be extended to guests), but now I'm wondering if it's the status of the guests that makes a difference, or if it's the whim of the PG/Tamarind manager to ignore the policy.

Edited by jtl513

However if you are 3, 4 or 5 Mariners, you will not get the 25% or 50% discount.

We made advance reservations for the Pinnacle on our last cruise, as did my in-laws. We wanted specific times and new that reservation slots would be tight because of Explore 4.

We are 3 star Mariners and while we didn't get the discount during the online bookings process, it was posted as a credit to our shipboard account. We didn't have to ask. It was done automatically.

We are 3 star Mariners and while we didn't get the discount during the online bookings process, it was posted as a credit to our shipboard account. We didn't have to ask. It was done automatically.

Ours was a pre-book at full price too. When it came time to sign the slip our options were (1) no discount for all four, or (2) split the bill, with us getting the discount (and a refund of their cost) and them paying full on their own account. To me the logical thing would be to leave it as me paying for all four people, with a discount for us two only, but they couldn't or wouldn't do that.

Now this was when the N.A. was only a few months old, and I don't know what they're doing these days. But the official policy is that discounts can not be extended to guests:

13. Can I extend my benefits (such as the 25% or 50% discount at select food and beverage outlets) to shipmates?

No. Benefits are intended for the personal use of the applicable guest and those sharing a stateroom with the guest on the same booking number. Not applicable to groups. Holland America Line reserves the right to limit benefits if necessary.

Edited by jtl513

The PG never fails to impress.

Quoting for truth.

Definitely do the double deal for $52 a person, that's like 10% off and the food/presentation/ambiance is definitely worth MORE.

Thank us all after the cruise and have a great cruise!!

Derek

The PG never fails to impress.

Quoting for truth.

On our first PG experience (Westerdam) the food prep was poor and the service was bad. We did not try it again for several more cruises.

I was going by this:

Onboard Spending Bonus
One bonus cruise day credit will be granted for each $300 in onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus.

I thought I read that it included pre-cruise purchases like excursions and OBC. It really doesn't matter I guess - the luncheon is the only benefit to me for a 1* and I suspect we won't board until that is underway.

I thought I read that it included pre-cruise purchases like excursions and OBC.
Yes, all pre-purchases count ... including gifts paid by family/friends/TA. Edited by jtl513

I was going by this:

Onboard Spending Bonus
One bonus cruise day credit will be granted for each $300 in onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. There is a limit of one bonus day for each day sailed, and 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus.

I thought I read that it included pre-cruise purchases like excursions and OBC. It really doesn't matter I guess - the luncheon is the only benefit to me for a 1* and I suspect we won't board until that is underway.

To expand on jtl513. Yes, pre-cruise purchases count - but you don't get the Mariner status upgrade until after you disembark the ship at the end of the cruise.

Ours was a pre-book at full price too. When it came time to sign the slip our options were (1) no discount for all four, or (2) split the bill, with us getting the discount (and a refund of their cost) and them paying full on their own account. To me the logical thing would be to leave it as me paying for all four people, with a discount for us two only, but they couldn't or wouldn't do that.

Our discount was applied to our stateroom folio/bill. This was the case on all our cruises since 2009.

I should have been clearer. Sorry if there was confusion due to the way I presented the information.

There's always been an offset accounting entry for the PG. I don't ever recall seeing a bill at the end of service.

What star level were the guests in each of these cases? That is, were they eligible for the discounts if they were paying for themselves?

As I've said several times, we did not get our discount in the N.A. Tamarind when hosting first-time cruisers, and that's what the official policy is (discounts can not be extended to guests), but now I'm wondering if it's the status of the guests that makes a difference, or if it's the whim of the PG/Tamarind manager to ignore the policy.

Now this was when the N.A. was only a few months old, and I don't know what they're doing these days. But the official policy is that discounts can not be extended to guests:

13. Can I extend my benefits (such as the 25% or 50% discount at select food and beverage outlets) to shipmates?

No. Benefits are intended for the personal use of the applicable guest and those sharing a stateroom with the guest on the same booking number. Not applicable to groups. Holland America Line reserves the right to limit benefits if necessary.

The last three times we treated guests to Pinnacle, they were Two Star Mariners and we were Four or Five Star at the time.