Best food and drinks on princess?

Perez1992

Also food for someone trying watch their figure I am doing weight watchers .

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

If you so a search here (the search works well here), you can find a thread containing menus....and you will find lots of choices for watching weight.

If you so a search here (the search works well here), you can find a thread containing menus....and you will find lots of choices for watching weight.

Thanks have you been on a cruise before

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Lots and lots of tasty choices for weight watchers. Quite a few lower cal homemade dressings. Not sure how low calorie, though. Quite a few seafood dishes, too. If you like salmon, it is always available and delicious!

Thanks have you been on a cruise before

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

About 30 on Princess and over 130 days on the Emerald:)

Lots and lots of tasty choices for weight watchers. Quite a few lower cal homemade dressings. Not sure how low calorie, though. Quite a few seafood dishes, too. If you like salmon, it is always available and delicious!

Thanks I am not a big seafood person I love lean steaks

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

About 30 on Princess and over 130 days on the Emerald:)

What's your favorite part of princess ?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Don't miss trying the specialty restaurants on Princess! :D

LuLu

Do you need reservations to go and which is your favorite of the specialty restraunts?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I actually work for WW.

When I cruise, I try to keep at least one meal a day in line with the Simply Filling plan. That meal is normally breakfast, when I have have cut fruit, oatmeal, or an egg.

You can always get a salad without dressing (I dunk my fork in the dressing). I order all sauces on the side.

I also eat dessert after dinner. I may only have a bite or two, but i will no deprive myself.

I ALWAYS take the stairs (I have been on cruises where I have never set foot in the elevator). I walk the deck everyday or walk in port. I make it a goal to walk about 5 miles a day (I wear a very high tech pedometer and my Active Link). I take yoga classes.

I lost one pound on my last cruise and gained one pound on the cruise before that.

It is like any other type of weight loss- calories in/ calories out.

Princess has lots of great options for food. If you like soup, stick with the broth bases vs the cream bases.

If you like seafood, there is something on the menu every night.

You may find it a bit harder to get a really lean steak, but you can always ask. You can also ask for double veggie portions.

Do you need reservations to go and which is your favorite of the specialty restraunts?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Yes, you need reservations. Our personal favorite is the Crown Grill.

I actually work for WW.

When I cruise, I try to keep at least one meal a day in line with the Simply Filling plan. That meal is normally breakfast, when I have have cut fruit, oatmeal, or an egg.

You can always get a salad without dressing (I dunk my fork in the dressing). I order all sauces on the side.

I also eat dessert after dinner. I may only have a bite or two, but i will no deprive myself.

I ALWAYS take the stairs (I have been on cruises where I have never set foot in the elevator). I walk the deck everyday or walk in port. I make it a goal to walk about 5 miles a day (I wear a very high tech pedometer and my Active Link). I take yoga classes.

I lost one pound on my last cruise and gained one pound on the cruise before that.

It is like any other type of weight loss- calories in/ calories out.

Princess has lots of great options for food. If you like soup, stick with the broth bases vs the cream bases.

If you like seafood, there is something on the menu every night.

You may find it a bit harder to get a really lean steak, but you can always ask. You can also ask for double veggie portions.

Oh thank you Tracy your so helpful I am going to try your ideas it's nice to find another weight watchers person on here!!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Oh thank you Tracy your so helpful I am going to try your ideas it's nice to find another weight watchers person on here!!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

You are most welcome. It is completely do-able, cruising while watching or maintaining your eating plan.

And you asked if you should bring workout clothes? I always do. One of the nice features of Princess is that they have laundries, so you can wash your clothes as needed. ($2 to wash, $2 to dry).

If you are one any ship other than the Royal or Regal, there is a Promenade Deck. One of the interesting features is that you have have to walk up 1 fight of stairs and down 1 flight of stairs to complete a lap. Approx. 3 laps= a mile.

There is also a Walk for the Cure event (typically on the last sea day). This is a 5K to raise money for cancer research. We always do that!

You are most welcome. It is completely do-able, cruising while watching or maintaining your eating plan.

And you asked if you should bring workout clothes? I always do. One of the nice features of Princess is that they have laundries, so you can wash your clothes as needed. ($2 to wash, $2 to dry).

If you are one any ship other than the Royal or Regal, there is a Promenade Deck. One of the interesting features is that you have have to walk up 1 fight of stairs and down 1 flight of stairs to complete a lap. Approx. 3 laps= a mile.

There is also a Walk for the Cure event (typically on the last sea day). This is a 5K to raise money for cancer research. We always do that!

That is great!! So I will be doing a lot of walking I've got my WW pedometer. , how do you track on cruise

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

That is great!! So I will be doing a lot of walking I've got my WW pedometer. , how do you track on cruise

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Like I stated before, I eat at least one SF meal a day, and I don't track that.

I have been both an employee and a member for a lot of years, so I am pretty good with estimating PP values.

I have had cruises where I write every BLT (bite, lick, taste) and have others when I have taken a break from journalling. Either way, I tend to break even, give or take a pound.

With the Active Link, I make it a goal to hit 150% every day. Last cruise when I uploaded it at home, I had earned over 100 activity points in 11 days.

The gym is decent. I did the bike and treadmill. Of course, walking the deck is better!

They do have very good Crème Brulee. You must try it at least once. ;)

Naughty me I will probably try it more than once :) I will have to check out gym and walk around the ship

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I am personally a big lover of creme brûlée I wonder if they have a good one on princess

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

My husband says, "The answer is YES!" :-)

Do you need reservations to go and which is your favorite of the specialty restaurants ?

From another post seems you will be cruising on Emerald Princess. Great ship. Hope you enjoy her as much as we always have! :)

We very much enjoy both Sabatini's and Crown Grill. Most steak lovers go to Crown Grill!

You should make reservations. Just call DINE LINE. While these specialty restaurants may not appear to be full, they very often are. It's the lack of waiters trained to work in them that is the problem. This is the big complaint of every specialty restaurant manager we've ever met.

LuLu

I am personally a big lover of creme brûlée I wonder if they have a good one on princess

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

YES!!! :D

I love it.