First time in Falmouth

tmac04

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything to do right at the port. Either shopping or a free beach. We haven't really planned to get off the ship, but my kids want to do something just so they can say they have been in Jamaica!

I keep reading that there's a new Margaritaville either at, or right next to the Cruise Port, with swimming pools and water slides.

I haven't been able to confirm it, though, or find out exactly where it is.

The port has a square parade of shops and stalls that you can walk around (prices are just as good as what we found further inland). If you walk out of the shopping area (which had chain link fencing around the perimeter) there did not appear to be anything close by. We did a tour with MSC and i have read other reviews prior to our stop in falmouth where other cruisers have recommended booking a tour or taxi rather than walking out for that reason. We spoke to a fellow passenger whom did a taxi to Margaritaville which cost $18 for the 2 of them one way.

I found this link for jimmys hope it helps

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/

Edited by Thyme60

At Falmouth is the Margaritaville is at the enclosed shopping area at Falmouth where RCI the ships dock.

It is at the back of the area on the right, and you cannot miss it.

We were there last summer and the bar/restuarant was open, but the pool was not..........suppossed to be open now.

We arrived back from our excursion too late to go in:mad:

But, this year we will stop.

If you want to venture out of the private shopping gated area thru security, I would only do with a tour group. Safety would be a major concern.

Sea Ya

In the gated cruise port terminal area there's a Margaritaville and a variety of shops. Quite nice. As long as you stay within the gated area, you'll be extremely safe and your children will have been to Jamaica! :)

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...

I was told RCCL built the port shopping area, so it new and sparkly if that's what you like. Dunns river Falls is a must do, I'd say, for Jamaica. Since I've done it twice, I opted for a beach break excursion (I rarely take ship excursions) since it was clear everything is a hike from Falmouth, thus negating a cheap cab option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! We ended up just shopping right at the port. We had a blast with the live music and some of the shop keepers were so much fun to talk to! Before we knew it, we had to get back to the ship.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! We ended up just shopping right at the port. We had a blast with the live music and some of the shop keepers were so much fun to talk to! Before we knew it, we had to get back to the ship.

Thanks for reporting back! Glad you had a great time just staying in the port area. :D

LuLu