Just off the Summit

cruiserone

We had a wonderful time on the Summit. As everyone says the staff is top notch! Capt Demitrios is one of the most easily approachable captains on the line. Not really sure the CC cabins are worth it anymore. Like AQ due to Blu.

We did not find bartenders to be "non existent" as some people have mentioned. Not sure if the complaints on these boards lit a fire but we had no trouble finding a bartender. Great staff in ATD!! Ship is in good shape with a little rust here and there but found it to be clean and comfortable.

Would not hesitate to take this ship to Bermuda again this summer :)

Happy Sailing Everyone!

Cruiserone,

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Can you tell me if 54 Below performances have started and if so who was your artist? I enjoyed this last year and have not been able to find anything on line indicating the performances have started, and/or a schedule of performers.

Thank you.

We were also on the May 4th sailing. The entertainment and service were great, the food (MDR) was very good, and Bermuda was wonderful. The jam session in the Rendezvous Lounge on the last night was a great way to end the cruise.

Did not bring home the dailies, sorry. 54 Below did start. Comedians were pretty good. They did have an adult late night show with a exotic dancer. That is the first time for this show as far as we know. Female comedian was very good.

Love the Captain! WE had him on Silhouette. He knows how to make everyone smile! Like having a movie star on board.

The dancing acts for the shows every night just left the ship when we departed so there will be a whole new show.

Cafe Bacio was great and the ATD staff was amazing!!! We had wonderful steward and assistant in our CC room.

Enjoy the cruise. And go to Horseshoe Bay and ride the Wild Cat!!!!

thanks for writing, we leave on the 25th can't wait! So happy the Summit filled your vacation dreams! How was the Wild Cat? FAST? bumpy and was the trip all the way around the island? did you book ahead of time? or at the dock?

What kind of "exotic dancer"? Inquiring minds want to know. In reality, there are so many different kind of dancers people might qualify in that term, I am truly curious as to what kind of dancer you are referring to.

WE loved the Wild Cat! Booked it a few days before. It went all the way around the island with stops (or slow downs) along the way. We even went right into St George's (which I thought was beautiful) for a look. Then out into the open ocean and they really stepped on it! It went pretty fast. Would do it again.

The dancer was in the adult program late in the evening. She did a very sexy dance down to her underwear. Some people got up and left saying it was not appropriate for the ship. You can read about it somewhere on the Celebrity boards.

Also do not miss a trip to Hamilton on Wednesday night. There is a parade and vendors on the main street. Both food vendors and craft vendors. Then a parade and music.

Also St George's was just like I thought Bermuda would look like. The shops were great and there is a lot of history there. Get a ferry pass for 2 days or 3 days so that you can either take the bus or the ferry to Hamilton or St George.

Also there is a little lunch place called The Pastry Shop that has sandwiches and pastry not far fromt he ship. Good place for lunch if you do not want to go back to the ship.

OLJA (think that is the right spelling) is a great Somelier on the ship along with Dimitri at the wine bar.

Happy Sailing! Carol

Did not bring home the dailies, sorry. 54 Below did start. Comedians were pretty good. They did have an adult late night show with a exotic dancer. That is the first time for this show as far as we know. Female comedian was very good.

Love the Captain! WE had him on Silhouette. He knows how to make everyone smile! Like having a movie star on board.

The dancing acts for the shows every night just left the ship when we departed so there will be a whole new show.

Cafe Bacio was great and the ATD staff was amazing!!! We had wonderful steward and assistant in our CC room.

Enjoy the cruise. And go to Horseshoe Bay and ride the Wild Cat!!!!

I assume that the exotic dancer is like "sin city comedy" on the Solstice class ships- the show was great- adult comedy on the Silhouette and Reflection light night show. Cannot wait until our August sailing! We enjoy the summit- it is nice and "homey" to us!

yes, we went to Horseshoe Bay!!! It was beautiful. You can rent chairs and umbrella's and they have beer, rum swizzles, food. Clean bathrooms and changing rooms. Lots of rocks to climb. While we were there the Longtails were there nesting and there must have been hundreds of them! The males have very long tails and they are beautiful. DH bought me the charm of the bird. WE took the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay with Mr Tweed (the bus driver) full of information!

The Wild Cat is a yellow "speed" boat docked right at the Dockyards. You can book on board or you can book right at the pier. KS Watersports if I remember right is the name of the company. If you look that up on Facebook you can see the boat and some of the latest photos. They take you out to a shipwreck and then they feed the fish while you take photos. I will try and post some photos, never did that before so bear with me.

Happy Sailing, Carol

I assume that the exotic dancer is like "sin city comedy" on the Solstice class ships- the show was great- adult comedy on the Silhouette and Reflection light night show. Cannot wait until our August sailing! We enjoy the summit- it is nice and "homey" to us!

We had " Sin City Comedy" on Equinox last November. I found it " cheap" and not very funny - went there once and that was enough. But that is me......

yes, we went to Horseshoe Bay!!! It was beautiful. You can rent chairs and umbrella's and they have beer, rum swizzles, food. Clean bathrooms and changing rooms. Lots of rocks to climb. While we were there the Longtails were there nesting and there must have been hundreds of them! The males have very long tails and they are beautiful. DH bought me the charm of the bird. WE took the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay with Mr Tweed (the bus driver) full of information!

The Wild Cat is a yellow "speed" boat docked right at the Dockyards. You can book on board or you can book right at the pier. KS Watersports if I remember right is the name of the company. If you look that up on Facebook you can see the boat and some of the latest photos. They take you out to a shipwreck and then they feed the fish while you take photos. I will try and post some photos, never did that before so bear with me.

Happy Sailing, Carol

We are leaving on the Summit on Sunday for Bermuda. I just have a few questions for you. How were the sea days?? Were you able to sit around the pool?? I see you went to Horseshore Bay(which we love), was it warm enough to sit around. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Barb

Carol,

Another question - did they have a white night party on board Summit? Don't want to back a white outfit if I don't have to.

Thank you.

Anne Maria

Hi Anne Maria -- I clearly have a lot to learn about Bermuda cruises! ;) What is a "white night party"? I think I've heard of those, in conjunction with Mediterranean cruising -- but, I have no clue about what they are.

Hi Anne Maria -- I clearly have a lot to learn about Bermuda cruises! ;) What is a "white night party"? I think I've heard of those, in conjunction with Mediterranean cruising -- but, I have no clue about what they are.

Depends on the ship and itinerary, sometimes they have them outside by the pool, other times inside. There's music, dancing and they ask everyone to wear white. I can't remember if they had food out or not. Sometimes yes, but not sure. Usually the Celebrity dancers will perform in the beginning.

It's been different every time I've attended.

Barb, see you live in Warminster. Daughter and family live in Ivyland. Yes, people sat around the pool and they had games with the Capt! In the pool.

Horseshoe bay is beautiful and we sat on the beach for a few hours day of departure. Lots of people in the water but not me:eek: need it to be warmer!

No White Night on this cruise. Did have it on Reflection.

You will enjoy it. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Carol

Got back today. We had nice weather. Sat on the pool deck many days. The water was very calm on the way to Bermuda. On the return trip, some rough seas. No rain, some wind. Overall, great wearher. Wore shorts on most days. Not really beach weather. Water is too cold in May. Ferry service and bus service is good. Love Bermuda.

Got back today. We had nice weather. Sat on the pool deck many days. The water was very calm on the way to Bermuda. On the return trip, some rough seas. No rain, some wind. Overall, great wearher. Wore shorts on most days. Not really beach weather. Water is too cold in May. Ferry service and bus service is good. Love Bermuda.

Glad you enjoyed your trip! When we sail to Bermuda in early August, the weather will be very hot I am sure.

txs

Just back yesterday too!

Studio 54 was Roz Ryan and she was AMAZING! Unbelievable.

The Sin City show was Kathleen somebody, and a dancer named Brittany. Kathleen was very funny and the dancer was OK. They referred to it as "tasteful burlesque." The comedian was very "raunchy" and a few walked out on her. But every time Lisa (cruise director) talked about that show she emphasized that it was R-rated, 18-plus, adult comedy. I don't know what people were expecting with that intro - maybe only the odd bad word? Yes, adult comedy, but nothing my 13-year-old hasn't heard on the bus, I'm sure :)

The "clean" comedian, I forget his name, was also hilarious.

No White Night party.

Newlywed game was a lot of fun. I wanted to take the old couple home, they were so cute!

I have all the dailies. I'll post them shortly...I just have to read up on the best way to do it.

Yes, we noticed a cut back in the buffet. Of course the Silhouette and Reflection have wonderful buffets!!! I guess I am comparing those two to the Summit. We did find something to eat everyday. I do not eat meat so I settled for salad most days and found the soup to be too salty. Staff was VERY accomodating and one day I asked for something and they got it for me!!! Always found there was TOO much food and a lot of waste. Glad they did away with midnight buffets they were way too much!!!!!

Happy Sailing

Carol