Cabins on Legend

A true aft cabin would be best--with the large balcony.

We sailed the Legend last fall and took a balcony guarantee. We ended up with the most forward cabin on deck 7. [7000] We felt we had lucked out. It was larger than the balcony cabins on deck 6.

The ship is not that large, so it was a little bit of a walk, but not too much.

A true aft cabin would be best--with the large balcony.

We sailed the Legend last fall and took a balcony guarantee. We ended up with the most forward cabin on deck 7. [7000] We felt we had lucked out. It was larger than the balcony cabins on deck 6.

The ship is not that large, so it was a little bit of a walk, but not too much.

I have never sailed on the Legend but considering booking a cruise for 2015. How do the aft cabins on the Legend compare to the Radiance class afts, do you know? Is there a more preferable deck? Are corners best? Thanks for your insight.

Dolfans from Miami

I have never sailed on the Legend but considering booking a cruise for 2015. How do the aft cabins on the Legend compare to the Radiance class afts, do you know? Is there a more preferable deck? Are corners best? Thanks for your insight.

Dolfans from Miami

We had an aft on deck 7 (7132) in January and it was great. Two loungers and 2 chairs. There is no obstruction to the view on this class ship. We were right in the center. I don't think that the corners were any better. I think that is on Radiance class. We have only sailed on Jewel and didn't have an aft.

We had an aft on deck 7 (7132) in January and it was great. Two loungers and 2 chairs. There is no obstruction to the view on this class ship. We were right in the center. I don't think that the corners were any better. I think that is on Radiance class. We have only sailed on Jewel and didn't have an aft.

Thank you so much for the information. It appears from the deck plans on the RCI site that the balconies bow out some as you go towards the center cabins. I wonder if that makes a difference in balcony space. It also appears the balconies get smaller as you go up in decks. We generally get the JS but from the plans, appears to be a smaller balcony than the D1's on Deck 6&7. Maybe someone else has info on this. Was there any obstruction looking down to the water from your cabin and was the balcony fully covered? Thanks so much, again!

Dolfans from Miami

We were in a balcony on deck 7. Balconies were added onto the deck 6 rooms so that the deck 7 balconies now look out over the deck 6 balcony roofs, if that makes sense. I assume it is the same effect as looking over life boat covers. The view down was impeded. Next time I would book deck 9 or an aft. JMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hello

We were aft on Legend back to back Caribbean and Panama Canal. Cabin was lovely for the Caribbean leg with the deck chairs and sun space but for the Panama Canal leg we had significant problem with soot and smuts. The ship puts an extra engine on for the longer transit and periodically the engines are 'blown' which makes the dirt. No issues in the Caribbean leg but it made a difference for the Canal leg. Our poor cabin steward worked phenomenally hard cleaning daily. It was manageable but you checked the chairs and the railings before you sat down..... And our carpets were washed more than once during the transit.

That said, the aft was wonderful for viewing the canal, no chasing for a good spot on deck. So I wouldn't let that stop you but I would consider it if you were doing a cruise where the ship has long transits between ports and decide if you are Ok with managing through.

We have been aft on Radiance class and that class has gas turbines not diesel. It is cleaner and we had no problems.

You could look down into the water from our cabin. My pictures are sunny but I think it was covered. It only had the two loungers. I was remembering our aft on Freedom right after this cruise on Legend that had two chairs and two loungers.

image.jpg.3178f345d90e1236b65d1cd828a42de4.jpg

Hello

We have been aft on Radiance class and that class has gas turbines not diesel. It is cleaner and we had no problems.

Gas Turbines have all been removed. They were not as efficient as they needed to be.

You could look down into the water from our cabin. My pictures are sunny but I think it was covered. It only had the two loungers. I was remembering our aft on Freedom right after this cruise on Legend that had two chairs and two loungers.

Nice pic! Thanks for posting. I have 7630 on hold for the 11 night Southern Caribbean in February. I think I will jump on it! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Nice pic! Thanks for posting. I have 7630 on hold for the 11 night Southern Caribbean in February. I think I will jump on it! :)

Dolfans from Miami

We did the 11 night Southern on Legend this past January. Great itinerary. Have fun!

Edited by Dett

Dolfans from Miami

yes, before the BOGO sail is off. I know some have said the prices went up before the sail. But, we saved a fair amount.

We were in a balcony on deck 7. Balconies were added onto the deck 6 rooms so that the deck 7 balconies now look out over the deck 6 balcony roofs, if that makes sense. I assume it is the same effect as looking over life boat covers. The view down was impeded. Next time I would book deck 9 or an aft. JMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply, do you have any pictures?

Gas Turbines have all been removed. They were not as efficient as they needed to be.

Gas turbines are still there for the bulk of power production. However, they added a diesel engine to all Radiance class ships for power production in port, because the gas turbines were not efficient when producing low power.

Thank you for the reply, do you have any pictures?

I just went through about a thousand pictures and I didn't take any of the balcony looking down. I know there are some pictures of the added on balconies on CC, though. At least they would give you an idea about the amount of obstruction. It was about a 3-4 foot roof overhang that jutted out from floor level for the length of the ship except under the panoramic ocean view rooms.

Gas turbines are still there for the bulk of power production. However, they added a diesel engine to all Radiance class ships for power production in port, because the gas turbines were not efficient when producing low power.

Hmm... Last I heard on Serenade was they'd all been pulled. Thus the reason the GTV logos on the ships were painted over (Do any still have that logo at all?). Naturally I could have a source in error too.