Time change on an East bound crossing

rrunner

When I've looked at daytime eastbound flights their schedule meant that you leave the US early enough that I'd need to get a hotel close to the airport and they arrive in Europe/UK late enough that I'd be looking for another hotel room before traveling on (probably Soton would be close enough, though).

You're right about the timing. Virgin's flight from Newark used to leave at 8 AM, an early limo ride for us. It's now 7:15, so we stayed at an airport hotel the night before our flight. If you're flying only to get on the ship, that does add two hotel nights to the cost, but we usually do some touring before our crossing, so it's just one more night in our London hotel. The added cost is worth it for the comfort and easy time change. (It's still less than flying first class to get a lie-flat bed for the overnight sleep)

For some reason, every flight I get eastward is overnight; next time I'll ask my travel agent to check if a day flight was possible--I didn't know it was an option. Thanks for letting me know.

United has a flight leaving IAD at 9:30am and arriving LHR at 9:55PM. I know BA used to but apparently doesn't any more.

Roy