Family friendly?

Perez1992

I traveling with my parents who are in there 40s and my siblings ages 16-8. I am 22 and traveling with out my boyfriend and planning this cruise myself can anyone help me?

All I know is I was Born To Cruise..

Love,

Miranda

Sorry, but not to be rude, but how many threads and questions to you need to have going?

You now seem to be asking very open ended questions.

If you really need help, then ask a specific question....not "help me".

It is possible to over plan too much.

Sorry, but not to be rude, but how many threads and questions to you need to have going?

Umm thanks

Love,

Miranda

You know following someone around and correcting them a lot is rude

Love,

Miranda

Miranda, I suggest you keep a list of the questions you want to ask and then post them all at once. Also, please use your spell checker as your posts can be difficult to understand, as the ages of your siblings - 16-18? Or 16-8? Which is it and what specifically do you want to know?

It also helps to be as specific as possible.

Miranda, I suggest you keep a list of the questions you want to ask and then post them all at once. Also, please use your spell checker as your posts can be difficult to understand, as the ages of your siblings - 16-18? Or 16-8? Which is it and what specifically do you want to know?

It also helps to be as specific as possible.

Three kids ages 16 , 13 ,and 8.

I am trying to find out what kind of activities are offered and other things.

Love,

Miranda

What kind of things are there to do as a family so we can have quality time together. We all like alone time as well but I want to plan some things to do together.

Love,

Miranda

You may get lots of good information if you download the Princess Cruise Answer Book.

On the left at https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureRequest.page

Also you can see typical activities from the Patter. A link to some from another cruise is at http://salas.smartneighborhood.net/patters.html

Edited by caribill

Miranda, I think we're all excited for you and we're glad you're excited... What I think you're seeing is that you are casting a wide net with your questions and not really asking anything. There is a point that it can become a bit annoying and folks will start ignoring your threads... which defeats your purpose. A couple of pointers for you:

- I think most of "us" on this forum are probably your parents age (or a tad older) and happen to love cruising and Princess. Therefore it is safe to say that there is PLENTY to do for your parents. Leave it at that. Don't overplan.

- As for you and your siblings, I will offer you the cruise history of my daughters who are now 18 and 20. They took their first cruise 8 years ago on the Caribbean Princess. They have since been on Carnival, RCCL and Disney. They prefer Princess (which surprises me). They have stayed in touch with other "kids" (when they first met them) from cruises many years ago. After a Disney cruise, they said "Dad, this was really great, but next time can we go back to Princess?" The kids/young adults program is great.. Your parents will feel that your younger siblings are safe and watched, but your siblings won't feel like they have a babysitter. They key for them is to go to the kids/teen program the first night of the cruise as that's the night the kids make their closer friends for the rest of the cruise. Honestly, when I have cruised with just my daughters, I almost feel like a singles-cruiser after dinner (we always do the shore excursions and have dinner together) as they always have friends to do things with.

- Lastly, and probably most importantly, I think we would all suggest you look around the forum, go through several pages of threads, and try the SEARCH function BEFORE you start another thread. You'll likely find the answers to your questions, and better answers to your questions, because folks get tired of answering the same questions over and over again - especially when they answered the same question 1 or 2 or 3 days ago.

Have fun...

Edited by SheepdogGriff

Miranda, I think we're all excited for you and we're glad you're excited... What I think you're seeing is that you are casting a wide net with your questions and not really asking anything. There is a point that it can become a bit annoying and folks will start ignoring your threads... which defeats your purpose. A couple of pointers for you:

- I think most of "us" on this forum are probably your parents age (or a tad older) and happen to love cruising and Princess. Therefore it is safe to say that there is PLENTY to do for your parents. Leave it at that. Don't overplan.

- As for you and your siblings, I will offer you the cruise history of my daughters who are now 18 and 20. They took their first cruise 8 years ago on the Caribbean Princess. They have since been on Carnival, RCCL and Disney. They prefer Princess (which surprises me). They have stayed in touch with other "kids" (when they first met them) from cruises many years ago. After a Disney cruise, they said "Dad, this was really great, but next time can we go back to Princess?" The kids/young adults program is great.. Your parents will feel that your younger siblings are safe and watched, but your siblings won't feel like they have a babysitter. They key for them is to go to the kids/teen program the first night of the cruise as that's the night the kids make their closer friends for the rest of the cruise. Honestly, when I have cruised with just my daughters, I almost feel like a singles-cruiser after dinner (we always do the shore excursions and have dinner together) as they always have friends to do things with.

- Lastly, and probably most importantly, I think we would all suggest you look around the forum, go through several pages of threads, and try the SEARCH function BEFORE you start another thread. You'll likely find the answers to your questions, and better answers to your questions, because folks get tired of answering the same questions over and over again - especially when they answered the same question 1 or 2 or 3 days ago.

Have fun...

Thanks that really helped a lot and I loved your kind advice thanks I want to be liked on the boards :) now time for me to relax and head out on a great cruise!!

Love,

Miranda