Dining times on Grandeur

What are the times for early and late dining on the Grandeur. At times we have experienced changes once onboard.

Last summer the times were the "standard" 6:00 PM early seating and 8:30 PM late seating - although we had MTD.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Someone on my roll call just reported today that her early seating dining time had been changed from 6 to 5:30 p.m.

I've got late seating and it still shows at 8 p.m. on my reservations.

Karen,

That is interesting, because when I booked (same cruise), the agent told me the times were 6 and 8:30.

I went with MTD because 8:30 was too late. Might have chosen differently if I'd known traditional seating was actually 8.

If you'd like to do traditional dining at 8 p.m., I'd suggest once you're onboard, go to the dining room and speak to the maître d'. It's less hassle than trying to get it changed in advance, where they play silly games with "wait listing" and such.

When I was on Vision in November, the dining room was at least half empty every night at late seating. My table for 10 always had 4 empty chairs, and most of the tables around us had more than that. With MTD, I bet it's the same on virtually all sailings, so it's not like they couldn't easily find you a table.

Some people I'd talked to on Grandeur last week said early seating was 5:30, which seems far too early, particularly on a cruise with such late port stops. We did MTD for 7 and STILL managed to miss it the night we were in FL, but realized after that we could easily call ahead to change the times if needed. I think I am now a fan of MTD, which I really did not think would happen.

Edited by fluffysue