NCL Epic - Various questions

cremma14

Hi All,

I have various questions and I know they come across as stupid questions (especially as I have already sailed on Epic once before, so I really should know) but I am travelling with my mum (her first cruise, only my second) and I cant seem to find the answers to some things and some questions I have found differing answers so I hope all you lovely, kind and knowledgeable people can help me! :D

The pool that is shown on the front (cant find the deck number) but it is a small circular pool that I have seen in all the photos of Epic, is this general access? or for the higher room categories? I couldn't find access to it nor mention of it in the general blurb?

Due to travelling on a budget I want to pay upfront with cash when I board for my on board account, so my account is in credit and I don't have a shock when I come to disembark - I have found that some places in the T & C's say $100 per day and then in the FAQ's on the website it says $300 minimum for a 7 day cruise?! Anybody have any insight?

The pool in the H20 part, is this adults only? and do they show movies or anything like that during the day on the big screen that they have there?

I have seen from looking around at other websites that sometimes there is a tour that you can book for a behind the scenes look of the ship, anybody know if this is available on Epic? and rough cost?

Once again, very sorry for my totally inane questions.

Happy Cruising Everybody! :D

The small pool on Epic's bow is for the crew. Considering its small size and undesirable position on the fo'c's'le, it's not really an attractive option for passengers regardless :)

H2O is theoretically adults only, although I've seen much younger children here during the day as well. I don't recall them showing movies on the screen during the day. It's not utilize the same way as on other cruise lines.

Behind the Scenes tours are available on Epic. $79 per person.

Hi All,

I have various questions and I know they come across as stupid questions (especially as I have already sailed on Epic once before, so I really should know) but I am travelling with my mum (her first cruise, only my second) and I cant seem to find the answers to some things and some questions I have found differing answers so I hope all you lovely, kind and knowledgeable people can help me! :D

The pool that is shown on the front (cant find the deck number) but it is a small circular pool that I have seen in all the photos of Epic, is this general access? or for the higher room categories? I couldn't find access to it nor mention of it in the general blurb?

Due to travelling on a budget I want to pay upfront with cash when I board for my on board account, so my account is in credit and I don't have a shock when I come to disembark - I have found that some places in the T & C's say $100 per day and then in the FAQ's on the website it says $300 minimum for a 7 day cruise?! Anybody have any insight?

The pool in the H20 part, is this adults only? and do they show movies or anything like that during the day on the big screen that they have there?

I have seen from looking around at other websites that sometimes there is a tour that you can book for a behind the scenes look of the ship, anybody know if this is available on Epic? and rough cost?

Once again, very sorry for my totally inane questions.

Happy Cruising Everybody! :D

The pool at the very front of the ship I believe is the Haven pool which is only for Haven guests. There are two hottubs on Deck 18 at the bow of the ship that are open to general guests.

Budgets are up to each person. I, on average, spend less than $20 a day on a cruise (not including the $12 service charge). Others spend hundreds. It all depends on each person and what you plan to do while on board.

Yes, the H2O pool is adult only. They showed movies on some evenings though I never saw one during the day. On Sunday, they did show football games but this isn't football season now. Mostly during the day I saw the same travel clip over and over and over.

Don't know about the behind the scenes tour.

Hope this helps.

Wow! You guys are a fountain of knowledge, thank you!

Was enquiring about the little pool as I would've liked to get on the front just to have a look around and wander someplace new :-)

The credit issue on board - I asked because I don't want to use my credit card at all and wanted to pay for my onboard use upfront without having my card pre-authorised, I might drop an email to my PCC and see what they think.

Fab that H20 is adults only - I am going without my children as a respite break (my son is disabled so always nice to have a break child-free and enjoy adult company only) so it will be nice to have somewhere to relax that is adults only.

Thank you for confirming the tour and price, I would be really interested in taking this tour as I am fascinated how such a big ship really functions.

Thank you all for your great answers! :D

Sophie

Good questions...none of which I know the answer to - but am interested as a week today I'll be on it! Very excited - as I am sure you are....we are from the same neck of the woods too!

Have a great time Daisyduke, hope the weather is great for you, let me know how it went when you return.

Yes we are from the same area, may I ask a question? How did you do your flights? through NCL as a fly-cruise or did you book them yourself? I am interested as I booked mine myself but wondering if I should have booked as a package?

Thanks

Sophie

The pool at the very front of the ship I believe is the Haven pool which is only for Haven guests. There are two hottubs on Deck 18 at the bow of the ship that are open to general guests.

As said before you posted; the pool in front of the bridge is crew only.

And hottubs on deck 18 forward? Hm never seen those.. :confused:

Perhaps you meant the two hottubs at Spice H2O, deck 15 aft. Or the five midsip hottubs at the pooldeck, also deck 15. Other hottubs are those in the Haven courtyard and the Spa.

Please doublecheck your facts with sites like http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic before posting it forever on the internet. ;)

TS, if you set up your onboard account in cash (don't know the first deposit required, never used cash) when on board you will get a letter to your stateroom with the friendly request to add more cash at the desk if you used up a certain ammount of it.

Yes we are from the same area, may I ask a question? How did you do your flights? through NCL as a fly-cruise or did you book them yourself? I am interested as I booked mine myself but wondering if I should have booked as a package?

Thanks

Sophie

If you booked your flights yourself then you most likely did right. You generally don't have much (if any) choice when you book through NCL and it usually costs more.

The only real advantage I can see with booking flights through NCL is that they fly you in on the day, and will accept responsibility for you if the flights are delayed. If you have booked your own then it's your problem. Transfers are also included, but I prefer a taxi anyway.

Have a great time Daisyduke, hope the weather is great for you, let me know how it went when you return.

Thanks

Sophie

Hi Sophie

We booked flights to Rome direct with BA from LHR, £150 return which I thought was really reasonable as it includes luggage, food on board etc! I'd have easily paid that with Easyjet and still have to pay for the extras!

Heck, I've never even seen that pool (overgrown hot tub) before (and I spent a week on the ship). :eek:

Epic is very much an inward facing ship. I'm not surprised at all that she managed to keep a few secrets tucked away out of view!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Sophie

We booked flights to Rome direct with BA from LHR, £150 return which I thought was really reasonable as it includes luggage, food on board etc! I'd have easily paid that with Easyjet and still have to pay for the extras!

Wow! That is a really good price, we are flying with Ryanair, glamorous!!! Haha from Stansted and paying much more than that.

Well have a great time on board! :D

Sophie

Epic is very much an inward facing ship. I'm not surprised at all that she managed to keep a few secrets tucked away out of view!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yep. Same as many have never used the aft external stairways :eek:

Last February we did not have a credit card authorized. We gave them 300 (this was for two of us) and that was fine. We booked an excursion that took us over that amount, and just walked down the counter to the account person and added 100. We were fine the rest of the cruise.

Last February we did not have a credit card authorized. We gave them 300 (this was for two of us) and that was fine. We booked an excursion that took us over that amount, and just walked down the counter to the account person and added 100. We were fine the rest of the cruise.

Fantastic, thanks for the info :)