Atlanta - Anchorage

cruisinlawn

We're in the midst of deciding on a Princess cruisetour. Day one is described as 'arrive in Anchorage for the night'. This particular day falls on a Sunday, July 6.

We typically arrive for our cruise/tours a day or two in advance. We would not be able to do that with these dates. How crazy would it be to take a nonstop, Atl-Anc arriving at 7:30p local time? Is this something we shouldn't even consider? Again, we would only be arriving only to go to hotel. The next morning we would be boarding the Princess rail (not sure of the time).

Any input is appreciated. TIA :)

I've also posted this on the Princess board.

Edited by cruisinlawn

we would be arriving the evening that the cruisetour meets...only to go to hotel. However, I'm not sure how long the Princess folks are around at airport.
So...if your plane is delayed and the "princess folks" go home.....take a taxi?? They do speak English at ANC, and the airport is 24/7.

So...if your plane is delayed and the "princess folks" go home.....take a taxi?? They do speak English at ANC, and the airport is 24/7.

Too funny...guess I'm over analyzing this by taking a flight that arrives the evening the tour group gathers. I wasn't sure if you had to arrive by a specific time on this first evening. Thanks for the input. :)

Edited by cruisinlawn

The next morning you take the train, probably about 8am to Talkeetna or Denali. So the worst that could happen if the flight was canceled that day is they rebook you for the next day and you have to "catch up" with your cruisetour a day late in Talkeetna or Denali. Know your options in case this happens so you tell Delta what you would like them to do. If you wait until the non-stop flight the next day, you wouldn't arrive until 7.30pm that next day July 7. But if you departed ATL at 8.20am via SEA you could arrive into ANC before 3pm. Not that you could catch up that day with the cruisetour, but at that point, the sooner you leave the more options you have in case of any further delays.