Montego Bay Celeb Excursions

hcat

Our Nov cruise is scheduled to stop at Montego Bay but no excursions have been posted yet for booking through the cruise line.

Does anyone have a cruise going there where excursions through Celeb are offered? If yes, can you give me an idea of what they are and how far in advance of your cruise they were posted?

For this port if we do not have a cruise line excursion booked we may opt to stay on board.

Don't stay onboard. Jamaica was one of our favorite stops on our Western Caribbean cruise we took April 6th. We ended up using utontours and had the best experience. It's a private tour and you will end up spending so much less than through the ship. Palmer was the best driver/guide.

$295.00 got us (wife, my 5 year old and myself) air conditioned private van to Martha Brae for bamboo river raft ride ...so pleasant, trip to a 14 acre plantation where we got to sample bananna, oranges, coconut right off the tree, pineapple off the bush, chewed sugar cane, sipped coconut milk right out of the coconut. We then went to Jerky's for lunch and had jerk chicken which was also included in the price. Palmer had a cooler filled with Red Stripe beer, coke, water and fruit punch which was also included.

He goes where you want to go. So if Dunns River Falls, the Blue Hole or whatever sounds better he will do it. He had us back at the ship 1 1/2 hours before it left. 5 Stars all around.

Montego Bay is listed as our Jamaica port on this cruise. All other W Carib. cruises list Falmouth, but are on the Silly.

There are no excursions listed under Montego Bay, either in My Celebrity or the website in general. All are listed under Falmouth - making it impossible for me to book anything using the website.

:confused:

Anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks for the post..been there and done all that over the yrs

just wanting to see what excursions the ship may offer to resorts or beaches...from this port stop

No, but we are on the same cruise and I also posted same question...maybe moderators can combine the threads and it'd be great if someone posts w/info

Hi Hcat,

I've merged the threads. Unsure why excursions are not listed yet, but perhaps Celebrity will reply. At any rate, they should probably be added shortly. Hope this helps !

Thank you hcat - glad to see an experienced cruiser is confounded as well so it's not just me!

I'm wanting to avoid calling X, so I'll just wait and see for a while...

Edited by csgseattle
typo

Thanks Andy...

our roll call members are hoping there will be choices soon...some have wondered if we are losing this port...but not much is posted for Labadee either...I'm thinking it's just too soon

all set for the other ports and our specialty dining!

Thanks Andy...

our roll call members are hoping there will be choices soon...some have wondered if we are losing this port...but not much is posted for Labadee either...I'm thinking it's just too soon

all set for the other ports and our specialty dining!

Labadee is a private Island owned by RCL. Everything there is controlled by them. There are additional excursions you can do but they will consist of jet skis, ziplines, private cabanas etc. It's a nice beach day, but that's pretty much all there is there.

Labadee is a private Island owned by RCL. Everything there is controlled by them. There are additional excursions you can do but they will consist of jet skis, ziplines, private cabanas etc. It's a nice beach day, but that's pretty much all there is there.

Thanks for posting

Right now they only have 5 listed for Labadee which are for outside tours..malfini etc.,but no zipline tix, coaster combos, water park, floating mats, clamshells and most important to us, the Cabanas! Loved rentaing one on our our last cruise...and even if it no longer includes the lunch it may still be worth it at a reduced price for the shade, privacy and included tram rides.

As Andy mentioned, maybe Celeb will post to let us know when to expect the Mobay and Haiti offereings to be filled in! We did a great Celeb excursion in Falmouth to a Beach Club so hope something like that is offered in Jamaica.

still nothing for Montego Bay :confused: and we are just within the 6 month time frame..obviously it is not that close to our cruise date but we have everything else in place except spa whihc I like to book once I get on board..

Cap Club could not help and said maybe they are not having any excursions there or still negotiating...more likely?.

Also nothing but the same 5 for Labadee..nothing on the island itself like cabanas and clamshells, floating mats, coaster..:(

I did get an e-mail address to shore excursions & sent a short inquiry. I have no idea if they'll reply or have any info..if I hear back I'll pass it along to my roll call and post here..

Is anyone else going to Montego Bay on their upcoming cruise?

Edited by hcat

Ha ha..joke is on me,

The e-mail address Cap Club rep gave me is for accessible shore excursion info. I received a reply to my gen inquiry saying someone would be contacting me.. Unfortunately, not the right dept .I never said anything about accessibility issues but guess it was all she had on her list that said shore excursion And the phone no I was given was incorrect as well.

We'll just have to wait to see if any get posted...

Edited by hcat

I'm having a similar problem with a South Pacific cruise in Oct 2014. There were excursions at the Isle of Pines port, but they have disappeared. I sent an email to X, and expect to wait the typical week plus for a response. I was there last year with X and they did not offer excursions so I was excited to see them added. I only book with X because I like the safety net of them running the schedule and being responsible for getting back on time and giving refunds if we fail to tender, and I have always enjoyed the excursions. Hope you get to go to Dunns River Falls because it is a great time!

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but we're looking into this.

Thanks so much.

BTW, I did hear from the Accessible Excursion Dept. Although this is not the Dept I needed, they seem very well organized and willing to help. If anyone needs this type of help, I suggest you reach out to them. I was impressed

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing for Mobay for our Nov cruise...new format for "my cruise summary" still shows this as a port for our cruise but when I click on this port it brings up excursions for St Maarten and San Juan..

also no cabanas , clam shells, mats , coaster, zip line, water park etc listed for Labadee port. Only 5 off island excursions.., will anything be offered.,,.

hope Celeb can post with an update soon...thanks

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but we're looking into this.

You also need to look into the ports they are listing....this cruise

is going to the WESTERN CARIBBEAN.....Grand Cayment, Cozumel,

Labadee and Montego Bay.......

For some reason Eastern Caribbean Ports are showing up as well:rolleyes::eek:

St Martin? St Thomas? Those should not be showing up along with

the Western Ports......

Saw the reply/update from Celebrity Official posting an e-mail address and phone number to call about website issues....Because I did not know some of the technical info they suggested we supply to the website, I called the number which is 1 800 722 5941 Shore Excursions

There are other threads mentioning various issues but just want to focus on excursions for our Reflection itin here....

the rep at first told me she could not help me book any excursions if I did not know what I wanted...and referred me to the gen website...but we did get past that advice

after I explained the problem that wrong excursions are loaded for our ports for our Reflection itin, she duplicated what we have experienced by using the website and said she would send a screen shot to IT Dept showing what is wrong

she tried some other things but could not say what would be offered for Mobay or any additional ones if any for Labadee til this gets sorted out

she was not aware of the website issues or that her Depts no was given out...

anyhow...guess we'll see what happens now

Thank you Hcat - I was just on the site and now MoBay is not showing as a port on the Shore Excursion list at all for this cruise.

I'm going to be optimistic and take that to mean that someone at Celebrity IT is at least looking at it.

I'm not encouraged, tho, by the fact that our Aug 22 Solstice/Alaska shore excursions, that have already been paid for, have disappeared from our reservation summary. They also do not appear as options on the new "pre-cruise planning" page, except for the one we picked in Skagway.

Other information (bev pkg, etc) is gone from the reservation summary as well - seems that Celebrity's notorious website incompetence is in full swing!

Sorry items are disappearing but most times they re-appear...good luck

As for Mobay being missing, I am hoping they are working on it and not dropping this port, If they are keeping it, we probably would not go off on our own hope there will be a list of chouces from X.

Still nothing for Montego Bay excursions..We would feel more secure if they had kept that listed as a port and just taken out the wrong port excursions....But it is listed as a port on our itin..that's good....

Does anyone have a MoBay excursion list from a current or prior cruise?