Can I move from a large balcony cabin to an interior cabin?

ShanteS

Can I move from a large balcony to an interior on the Breeze? I booked back in January or February during that $50 deposit sale. Final payment is in July. I love balconies (especially Aft wraps) but some things have come up and that money could be used for other things. If I switched to an interior on the same deck I'd only have a balance of $420 versus $1270 if I keep the balcony. I also just got a price drop recently but as far as I know I am not booked using the ES rate. Thanks for any help with this.

Well the reason I asked is because my PVP (who's new to me) made it seem like it's impossible and nothing can be done but I'm thinking something should be possible since its not after the final payment date. He said I'd lose close to $500 if I cancelled and tried to rebook. He said the only thing I could do was "hope for price drops because there's a big sale coming out tomorrow (today)". So I don't know. Does he lose money or commission if I switch? That's why I thought I'd come here to ask if anyone else has done it before or if it could even be done.

Our friends booked under ES with us on the $50.00 deposit. they booked a ocean suite. when they tried to move to a regular balcony, Carnival would not let them. They said they can move up just not down in category without losing the money and re booking. After calling and speaking with multiple supervisors at Carnival, they finally agreed to let them move to a Spa Balcony. it took a few days and a few different people but finally they were able to move.

I wasn't sure if you were under early saver or not?

kathy

In your documents online by the payment section there is a link that says "what happens if I cancel this booking?" Click that and see what it says. It may say you lose $500, it may say you lose nothing. Check and see.

If you lose nothing, then cancel and re-book your cruise :cool:

Why when all the OP needs to do is request the change?

I do not believe they will allow you to downgrade cabin.

If not booked ES should be able to cancel now with no charge and just rebook at current inside rate.

In your documents online by the payment section there is a link that says "what happens if I cancel this booking?" Click that and see what it says. It may say you lose $500, it may say you lose nothing. Check and see.

If you lose nothing, then cancel and re-book your cruise :cool:

Thank you for suggesting this. I just checked and it said I'd lose $0 if I cancelled it. So why would my PVP tell me I'd lose hundreds if I had him cancel it and rebook it??? I'm about ready to just call the 800 number and deal with someone else but will they send me over to him if I call?

Thank you for suggesting this. I just checked and it said I'd lose $0 if I cancelled it. So why would my PVP tell me I'd lose hundreds if I had him cancel it and rebook it??? I'm about ready to just call the 800 number and deal with someone else but will they send me over to him if I call?

you have nothing to lose by calling.

Good luck. Maybe the rules were different for the $50 deposit sale or maybe your PVP is clueless.

No he doesn't lose commission.

Bill

In the past all you would have to do is downgrade to an inside, since they have all these different sales that might make a difference. If the PVP won't do it or insist that you will love your deposit, insist on speaking to a Supervisor. They do not like to switch you over but be persistent. Just keep going up the chain of command till you get the answer you want. You can call 5 times and get 5 different answers.

We called a couple weeks ago to change a suite to two balconies and they told us we couldn't do it because it was a "down-grade" even though we were going from one room to two. Had to talk to two different supervisors to make it happen. Otherwise, we would have had to cancel, take the cancellation fee as a loss and rebook. I say call Carnival.

OMG!!! I called and the woman I spoke with Debra wasn't sure if the downgrade could be done and if it could she was sure there would be a penalty of some sort but she said she'd try it anyway. AND IT WENT THROUGH!!! I'm sooooo so happy!! Took my balance due from $1,269.66 down to $419.66. Whew!!! Now I can use that extra money for the million other things I need to take care of. Thanks again for all of your help with this. I guess it really doesn't hurt to call in and speak to someone.

Yikes, this sounds like a pain. I downgraded from an OV to an inside on Celebrity without a peep. Hopefully I can upgrade on the cheap a week or so from sailing, but that's besides the point. ;)

We're planning to shoot for porthole cabins on Carnival, so this policy couldn't possibly hurt us. Though if I'm on the fence about an OV or Balcony, probably better to go inexpensive and upgrade later rather than trying to do the opposite.

OMG!!! I called and the woman I spoke with Debra wasn't sure if the downgrade could be done and if it could she was sure there would be a penalty of some sort but she said she'd try it anyway. AND IT WENT THROUGH!!! I'm sooooo so happy!! Took my balance due from $1,269.66 down to $419.66. Whew!!! Now I can use that extra money for the million other things I need to take care of. Thanks again for all of your help with this. I guess it really doesn't hurt to call in and speak to someone.

Happy result:) But if you were as you say before final and on $50 pp deposit it would have only cost you at most $50 pp to cancel and re book even if it was ES:)

Happy result:) But if you were as you say before final and on $50 pp deposit it would have only cost you at most $50 pp to cancel and re book even if it was ES:)

Thanks! That's why I'm still confused on why my PVP was so against me switching categories. He was making it seem like it was damn near impossible. I don't know that whole conversation with him doesn't make sense especially since I was able to do it with someone else. I'm just happy that it's done.

Thanks! That's why I'm still confused on why my PVP was so against me switching categories. He was making it seem like it was damn near impossible. I don't know that whole conversation with him doesn't make sense especially since I was able to do it with someone else. I'm just happy that it's done.

They don't like to downgrade people. It's less money for the company. They now need to fill that balcony room, and might have to reduce prices to get it filled. While I understand Carnival trying to deter people from downgrading, I don't like that they seem to be taught to lie to us, trying to scare us into not downgrading. I'm glad it all worked out for you, even though they gave you a hard time.