Fish Restaurant in Alexandria, Egypt

derbylane

A few years ago we had lunch in a wonderful sea food restaurant. We were on a small SS tour. Will be back in Alexandria on Oct 31, 2014, Cloud cruise and would like to know if anyone might know the names of really good sea food restaurants in the area.

We will be staying overnight on Nov 2,3 with the Cloud. After talking to the shore excursion company that works for silversea; they are mostly concerned about the stability of the country and how that is effecting tours. Hope after elections things calm down and we can have a nice fish diner in town and see people smiling...

When we were in Alexandria we were a bit worried about certain neighborhoods and eating at local restaurants. So we chose to eat at a hotel restaurant with great views of Stanly Bridge. It's not a Ritz, but the San Giovanni Stanly is a nice local hotel and the food was good and not too expensive. I had an excellent fish lunch. As with all hotels and restaurants reviews can be mixed. We thought it was fine for lunch. Check the links below.

http://www.sangiovanni.com/doc/din_pastery.htm#

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g295398-d952989-Reviews-San_Giovanni_restaurant-Alexandria_Alexandria_Governorate.html

I lived in the Middle East for five years and visited Egypt twice.

Parasites are in the water from the Nile and perhaps in the tap water. We were advised by Egyptian friends never to eat at restaurants unless at a four or five star hotel, or first rate restaurant.

Also, never eat food sold on the street or drink any drink not from a sealed bottle.

Further, going to Egypt right now is risky, since terrorists are now targeting tourists.

When I was on a private tour in Alexandria, my guide brought me to a nice fish restaurant with views across the harbor and to Qait Bey:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g295398-d2224032-Reviews-FishMarket-Alexandria_Alexandria_Governorate.html

You select your own fish and tell them how you want it prepared. The mezzes were delicious (freshly baked pita and various accompaniments). The fish was quite good (I wouldn't say it was fantastic), but as important, the restaurant was very nice and very clean. I even ate salad with no ill consequences.

A few years ago we had lunch in a wonderful sea food restaurant. We were on a small SS tour. Will be back in Alexandria on Oct 31, 2014, Cloud cruise and would like to know if anyone might know the names of really good sea food restaurants in the area.

Looks like you won't have to worry about your fish lunch. Silversea just canceled the two night stay at the Alexandria port. Staying now overnight in Israel. I did hear through the grapevine that there is still some unrest going on in Egypt and I guess Silversea thought it better to be safe than sorry...

Edited by carefreecruise

Looks like you won't have to worry about your fish lunch. Silversea just canceled the two night stay at the Alexandria port. Staying now overnight in Israel. I did hear through the grapevine that there is still some unrest going on in Egypt and I guess Silversea thought it better to be safe than sorry...

You are so right. Received word from our TA on Friday. We like the change.We were primarily interested in the Israel ports, now a longer stay. Hope it dos not spoil your plan.

You are so right. Received word from our TA on Friday. We like the change .We were primarily interested in the Israel ports, now a longer stay. Hope it dos not spoil your plan.

People in my party want me to cancel now. I told them to just hold off for now and let's wait and see.

People in my party want me to cancel now. I told them to just hold off for now and let's wait and see.

Wow, hope you stay on! If not, I am sure, your party will have a wonderful time with you on another cruise.