Sydney Harbour Dinner Cruise ?

Our traveling buddies were wondering if we should wait to book when we're in Sydney. The thought being we would know better what the weather will be like those 5 days. But it sounds like we might have to pre-book at least on the Captain Cook cruise. Well, I appreciated all the good advice given here. I have 5 months to finish planning. I booked this cruise a year ago and it seemed sooooo far away. Now, here it is. I can't wait!:D

Have a look at the cancellation policy. If they allow it 24 hours prior, perhaps make a booking and then you have room to change it for another day/night once you are here in Australia.:D

Have a look at the cancellation policy. If they allow it 24 hours prior, perhaps make a booking and then you have room to change it for another day/night once you are here in Australia.:D

Thats a good idea. I will check that out! Thanks!

Edited by RumpunchGirl

Thats a good idea. I will check that out! Thanks!

No worries, good luck. I am sure you will love the harbour and it will remain in your memories for the rest of your lives, it can be so beautiful.:D

Sydney Harbour evening cruises have been canvassed quite a bit on Trip Advisor over the past few years and the general consensus seems to be in general terms they are at best average. Whilst Sydney Harbour is very picturesque at night there are some quality restaurants down at the water and in Darling Harbour which almost gives the same atmosphere.

Sydney Harbour evening cruises have been canvassed quite a bit on Trip Advisor over the past few years and the general consensus seems to be in general terms they are at best average. Whilst Sydney Harbour is very picturesque at night there are some quality restaurants down at the water and in Darling Harbour which almost gives the same atmosphere.

But not quite. You do not do the cruise for the food alone (there is better and cheaper food in restaurants) and you do not do it for the cruise alone (you can do it on ferries) but for both at the same time with a party type atmosphere.:D

and you do not do it for the cruise alone (you can do it on ferries) but for both at the same time with a party type atmosphere.:D

Even with ferries it's harder, as they're going from one place to another - and people are getting on and off, so it's less relaxed.

On the Harbour cruise they go the scenic way around, and you're not stopping to load/unload all the time.

Even with ferries it's harder, as they're going from one place to another - and people are getting on and off, so it's less relaxed.

On the Harbour cruise they go the scenic way around, and you're not stopping to load/unload all the time.

This is what we are looking for. A relaxing dinner and drinks with friends while experiencing the beautiful Sydney Harbour at night. I'm fine with average quality food.

Where we live, Minneapolis, Minnesota (also known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes), We are always near the Mississippi River. As a child, we took our small boat up and down the river often. I've taken a few rides on an old-fashioned paddle wheel river boat. We've even done a Brunch cruise on the Mighty Mississippi. All are very different ways to experience the same waterway. I loved them all. :D