what are the best cabins midship veranda on Spirit?

Joe Sellers

We've stayed on decks 6, 8, and 9. We haven't had any bad experiences in any location. Depending on how rough the seas are in whatever region you cruise in, you might want to avoid the first few cabins in front of the ship on high decks.

• 3 weeks later...

While not necessarily mid-ship... I have stayed in suites 505 & 706. Both smelled of cigarette smoke... presumably from the crew area as the hallways had the same odour. As I recall, a many night VS member was able to get her low700's suite changed to a less smoky higher number suite on the same floor.

While not necessarily mid-ship... I have stayed in suites 505 & 706. Both smelled of cigarette smoke... presumably from the crew area as the hallways had the same odour. As I recall, a many night VS member was able to get her low700's suite changed to a less smoky higher number suite on the same floor.

I assume that this experience was some time ago, as smoking is no longer permitted in suites (and certainly not in interior crew areas on passenger decks).

An additional consideration might be port/starboard. For example, on westbound cruises along the Mexican coast, I always book starboard suites to enjoy the (distant) view of the mountains. If you really like sunsets and are traveling north along the east coast of South America, you might want port. Etc.

Joe we really like deck 6, the spa deck. It is quiet, less traffic with fewer suites and down low enough to be really stable. Have been on Spirit a few times and 4 out of 6 visits stayed in #636. It is not rated mid ship, but the next one over is a mid ship and costs a few hundred more. Hope you have a great voyage!

Joe we really like deck 6, the spa deck. It is quiet, less traffic with fewer suites and down low enough to be really stable.
Glad to hear that as we are on deck 6 this summer! Looks like you've had a great suite as #636 is smack dab in the middle of the ship.

One thing I noticed last summer when we booked our particular voyage on the Spirit is how pricing increases the higher you move up and they no longer delineate "mid-ship" suites. For example, on deck 6, suites #618 - #657 are all considered Veranda 4 and the same price. So, your #636 is priced the same as #656 and #618. While the same suites on deck 7 are $100 more and on deck 8 $200 more. The suites far to the front (#602 - #617) are less, saving a passenger $200.

Stumblefoot I know, my thought is the higher you are the more rock and roll. The pricing is strange. But they must know the money making cabins. I think TA's sell the higher decks as penthouse like. Take care and excellent choice you have made!

We have enjoyed four sailings (crossings) on the Spirit including the Jan 2010 maiden crossing where we encountered 35 ft seas and 75 mph winds our first sea day (from Lisbon to Funchal--needless to say we did not dock in Funchal). We were on the 8th deck somewhat forward--DW got sick for one day. Our fav location from our next two fall (2011, 2013, and one Spring) Spirit crosses (like Derby mentions above) is deck six, mid ship. We love the proximity to the gym (30 steps aft out of our suite). Moreover, for pre dinner drinks--the bar is down one deck and La Terraza (our fav for breakfast lunch and at least three dinners/per sailing) is just one deck up. We have stayed in 653, if EnglishUSA chimes in here, he habitually resides in 656 on Transatlantic and Pacific crossings and believe he will say this is best mid ship Spirit suite on deck six.

We have stayed in 653, if EnglishUSA chimes in here, he habitually resides in 656 on Transatlantic and Pacific crossings and believe he will say this is best mid ship Spirit suite on deck six.
Great to hear Wes! We are booked into 655 for the 3 of us. Cruise Consultant Karl suggested it when we were on the Cloud last summer.

As we head north through the Ionian and Adriatic Seas, I look forward to watching the coast on the starboard side all of the way into Venice. I have a feeling that teeny tiny Verandah is going to spoil me for future voyages.

Above the bar; far forward if you expect any seas.

There has been comment on these boards in the past that 644 and possibly 646, which sit just above the piano stage in the corner of the bar can be noisy, especially for those who retire early.

I assume that this experience was some time ago, as smoking is no longer permitted in suites (and certainly not in interior crew areas on passenger.
We had intermittent smoke smell problems in cabin 609 a few weeks ago, so the problem hasn't gone away with the policy change. They offered to move us, but we were next door to some friends and didn't really want to move.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
My favourite cabin is 656. So don't book it!

How funny--we had that cabin this past March! I think I found a t-shirt with a funny saying in the closet...and a lot of wine.

Sorry about any cat fur you found. Hope you didn't need a lint brush.

Edited by Herman The Cat