Driver License

drolltroll

Sure hope she lets us all know what the outcome was! I hope they all got to go and had a great time. I think DD has learned a valuable lesson no matter the outcome though.

Well, at least mom has learned a lesson, anyway. Can't say about the daughter. And I say that as the mom of 2 children who only live in the moment. ;)

Well, at least mom has learned a lesson, anyway. Can't say about the daughter. And I say that as the mom of 2 children who only live in the moment. ;)

Yes!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

OMG.... More drama here than with the license issue! I tried to post to you guys from our balcony with my daughters smart phone that we were all on board and it would not work for some reason.. The license was no issue at all and not even mentioned luckily. I just got in from a 12hr drive so that is why I was so late responding.

Thanks for the input and concern guys....minus the drama of course!

That lady did not even give it a 2nd glance thank the Lord. I did pay a guy $30 to come notarize a document for the grandbaby to travel though in case something happened. I also investigated Amtrak and Greyhound should she have been denied and had a plan in place there too. I am too tired to talk about it any more tonight, you guys have any questions I will answer them but I need rest. I am the father by the way, not the mother!!!LOL

Edited by drolltroll

OMG.... More drama here than with the license issue! I tried to post to you guys from our balcony with my daughters smart phone that we were all on board and it would not work for some reason.. The license was no issue at all and not even mentioned luckily. I just got in from a 12hr drive so that is why I was so late responding.

I've been following this watching for an update (staying OUT of the drama HA!!). I'm so glad it all worked out for you! :)

That lady did not even give it a 2nd glance thank the Lord. I did pay a guy $30 to come notarize a document for the grandbaby to travel though in case something happened. I also investigated Amtrak and Greyhound should she have been denied and had a plan in place there too. I am too tired to talk about it any more tonight, you guys have any questions I will answer them but I need rest. I am the father by the way, not the mother!!!LOL

Excellent news. Glad it all worked out!! :D

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Which one of you decided I was a female anyway? Do I have something flagged incorrectly in my profile or something?

LOL...you know what they say about assumptions!! :eek:

I don't think you have anything set wrong at all.

Probably it was talk of talking the baby with you - if daughter wasn't permitted to board that caused it. Not usually the kinda thing you hear from Dad/Grandpa!! ;)

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Which one of you decided I was a female anyway? Do I have something flagged incorrectly in my profile or something?

I don't know! Lol! We apologize for that at any rate. Perhaps we just assumed so because it's women that generally get more stressed in a situation like you all had. That would be me in that situation...stressed mom! Hahaha! :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Tacosha

Does she have an original birth Certificate? I ALWAYS cruise with a passport.

Note!! Original birth certificates WILL NOT be accepted!! Too many people ignore this and find themselves going back home! Only a certified copy of your BC is allowed. I personally know a couple that had to fly home and miss the cruise because they take documentation lightly, as if they were just going to the beach. PASSPORTS are the best option, hands down!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! This is not even true for domestic air travel. And good luck trying to fly international back into the United States with your birth certificate.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

My God people, if you don't know for sure, don't post. This is how bad information gets around. :rolleyes:

Excellent post! There's always incorrect info given on CC.

Glad it worked out. I once cruised with Disney with no license, and a birth cert. only. I had my license night before the cruise, and it was GONE, nowhere to be found the next morning. They ended up letting me on after some grilling by supervisors, and I had to promises not to get off at port as they couldn't be sure I would be let back on. I was only allowed to get off on Disney's personal island. That was fine with me.. I just wanted to cruise. So I can understand how something like this can happen.

PS. for the poster that said they hold everyone's docs before trip.. I was that person, and mine went missing. :confused::eek:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Note!! Original birth certificates WILL NOT be accepted!! Too many people ignore this and find themselves going back home! Only a certified copy of your BC is allowed. I personally know a couple that had to fly home and miss the cruise because they take documentation lightly, as if they were just going to the beach. PASSPORTS are the best option, hands down!

Yes- passports! I am amazed at how much misinformation appears on CC. There are many threads about DL and whatever else being fine for certain itineraries but very few mentions that multiple cruise lines require "passports for all passengers on all itineraries." And since you may eventually move to one of those lines, why not get the passports now (good for up to 10 yrs except children, which I think is 5).

At the bottom line, do not rely solely on what you read here- even when it's quoted from DHS or US State Dept. website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums