Solarium on RCL ships - question

I have to add that just because it is adults only does NOT necessarily mean it will be quiet. On one of our Allure cruises we had to leave the solarium due to the number of loud adults in the pool. There were so many that you could not get in the pool at all not that I reall wanted to as the bar servers were very busy bringing drinks to the pool the entire time we were there. And nobody was getting out :eek:

Edited by akcruz

I should have been clearer - I was referring to the "other" VOTS--Vision of the Seas.

Vision of the Seas does have a retractable roof over the solarium. This is the case with all Vision class ships as well as the Radiance class ships. We have been on some Vision class ships when the roof was open but found it much too humid and prefer the roof to be closed so that we can relax in climate-controlled comfort.

I have to add that just because it is adults only does NOT necessarily mean it will be quiet. On one of our Allure cruises we had to leave the solarium due to the number of loud adults in the pool. There were so many that you could not get in the pool at all not that I reall wanted to as the bar servers were very busy bringing drinks to the pool the entire time we were there. And nobody was getting out :eek:

I didn't realize that little puddle in the solarium of Oasis and Allure was a pool.:eek:;)

Too many responses to quote you all but thanks to each of you for your replies. It will be our first time sailing with DDs and although they are well behaved (in public at least! LOL!) I will find an other quiet spot to read next to them when they will want to spend some time with their mama! :rolleyes:

They have travelled many times before but different kind of voyage, so on this first cruise it is important for my DH and I to teach them that rules should be respected when living on board with so many travellers.

Thanks again! :)

I had a theoretical conversation with my sister about this. She agreed with you.

Two great moms!!

Vision of the Seas does have a retractable roof over the solarium. This is the case with all Vision class ships as well as the Radiance class ships. We have been on some Vision class ships when the roof was open but found it much too humid and prefer the roof to be closed so that we can relax in climate-controlled comfort.

They opened it in Key West on the Enchantment. We were eaten alive by all of the mosquitoes and it was freezing (early December)!!

Except for Oasis class, children will be walking through the area all day.

If you actually see a sign that says adults only, it's RARE. I have only seen children asked to leave the pool and the hot tubs, but rarely the Solarium. Until last year all the Solariums had signs stating the pools are for 16 and older. They have begun replacing these signs and have eliminated the 16 year old requirement.

The Solarium was my go-to place on Oasis when I sailed a few weeks ago. Children were rarely seen, at least when I was there. Definitely none in the pool/hot tubs. I did see "16 and older" signs... Just an observation from that cruise :)