House numbers as souvenir

VibraTech

We are on the Carnival Freedom in November and going to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba, and Curacao. Do any of these have metal or ceramic house numbers I can bring back as a souvenier? :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Sorry, can't answer you but had to laugh.....we brought back house numbers from Cabo on our last cruise! Makes me smile and think of the cruise every time I walk up to the front door. I didn't realize house numbers were a popular souvenir!

How are they different from any you can easily buy at home? :confused:

LuLu

I am looking for either some metal art or colorful ceramic numbers. Something definitely different than what I can get at home.

Julie

I am looking for either some metal art or colorful ceramic numbers. Something definitely different than what I can get at home.

Julie

Now you have me interested! I'll look for some as well. :)

LuLu

Julie

It sounds like you are thinking of Mexico. They make those those numbers and they are all over there. You can also find them at a ceramic yard ornament place in Texas, Arizona or another border state in the US. I have even seen them here in Florida.

There is really no clay soil to use to make them in the Eastern Caribbean.

Recommend you book a Western itinerary, and leave room in your bag to bring stuff back. They used to be very cheap in Cozumel, going in the fall first time in some years, so I expect to pay more. I like the painted sun/moon faces for yard decor, and mine have faded.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a "Do It" Building Materials store on Airport Road, a short drive from the cruise center. And there's a small native crafts store associated with the museum on Front Street in Cockburntown. Probably your best bets.