Upsell explanation

gbgpr

Thanks again for all of your helpful hints. I called Hal this morning and asked for the "upsell" dept. They informed me that there is no "list" to which I can have my name added. The gentleman stated that they just e-mail qualified passengers when upgrades become available. I am not sure what that means but at this point I am guessing I am not "qualified". Thanks again everyone. It was worth a shot.

Since I am less than two weeks out, I am guessing that it's not going to happen.
I am not sure what that means but at this point I am guessing I am not "qualified". Thanks again everyone. It was worth a shot.
The game isn't over until you turn up at check-in. As I said above, we got the offer we took four days before the cruise.

What I didn't say is that we got a further upsell offer two days before the cruise, offering a Pinnacle Suite for a further $500. We ignored that one.

But it does show that this can happen right up until the time you leave home, or even beyond that.

Thanks again for all of your helpful hints. I called Hal this morning and asked for the "upsell" dept. They informed me that there is no "list" to which I can have my name added. The gentleman stated that they just e-mail qualified passengers when upgrades become available. I am not sure what that means but at this point I am guessing I am not "qualified". Thanks again everyone. It was worth a shot.

Its not over yet IMO. Since you booked through a TA, I would call them and have them call HAL. HAL will not deal with you directly if you booked through a TA.

You have nothing to lose, so be a pest if you have to and call your TA. I think I drove mine crazy at times, but I got my upsell in the end at a great price.

DaveOKC

I've never heard of a list either but stranger things have happened. There were a lot of folks getting upsells on one of my cruises. Hal made it clear that I did not qualify. That was a booking that I had with a ta. Since I have booked thru Hal I've gotten an upsell on every one. Hal seems to send upsells to TA's but I suspect they are TA's that do a lot of business with Hal. Good luck, I hope you hear something. It's not too late.

Edited by cruz chic

Did they happen to indicate what the qualifications were?

Nope. I think booking thru them as far as I can tell. I booked for years and years thru the same ta and saw one upsell in all that time. My ta is the one that got told I didn't qualify according to Hal.

Sorry for the interruption but RuthC - please go look at roll call for Amsterdam cruise in August. I left you an important message.

I was heading there as soon as I finished reading the threads here. Only a few to go and I'll be right there.