Grandeur Freestyle machine questions

Can anyone tell me how many Coke Freestyle machines are on the Grandeur, and where they are located?

Also, do any of the machines have Diet Dr. Pepper? My husband (a diabetic) isn't a fan of Coke products, but is willing to drink Diet Dr. Pepper. Since Royal doesn't allow us to carry on a case of Pepsi Max (ack!), Hubby will be stuck with whatever he can get out of the soda machines for the week, and I'm really hoping there will be something in them that he likes...

Thank you,

Janis

I believe the machines have Mr. Pibb, which is Coke's version of Dr. Pepper.

Drat, I was afraid of that. He won't drink Mr. Pibb. So it seems he won't like *any* of the soda choices. Until recently, we hadn't seen a Freestyle machine that *didn't* have Dr. Pepper. I wish I hadn't already pre-ordered the $140 drink package. :-(

It would be nice if Royal allowed people to bring their own waters and sodas on board, like I've done for my previous 13 cruises. It's going to be a rough week, dealing with a extremely picky (and also very unhappy) person. Ugh.

I would imagine this will be our *last* Royal cruise...

Janis

Drat, I was afraid of that. He won't drink Mr. Pibb. So it seems he won't like *any* of the soda choices. Until recently, we hadn't seen a Freestyle machine that *didn't* have Dr. Pepper. I wish I hadn't already pre-ordered the $140 drink package. :-(

It would be nice if Royal allowed people to bring their own waters and sodas on board, like I've done for my previous 13 cruises. It's going to be a rough week, dealing with a extremely picky (and also very unhappy) person. Ugh.

Janis

I have not tried carrying on water or soda myself, so I am not speaking from experience. However, you will find many threads on here where folks say they put a luggage tag on a case of water or soda and it's delivered to their room with their luggage. Folks have also stated they have carried water and/or soda in their carry ons with no problem either. It may be worth it to try - put a luggage tag on your case of Pepsi Max and see what happens! Good luck!

Janis

I've never had a problem carrying my own water or soda onboard.

There are 2 machines at the entrance to the WJ and another next to Cafe Lattetudes, that I recall. I'm not a soda drinker so I didn't scope them all out, but do recall seeing those.

They have Mr. Pibb ZERO, which has no sugar.

Joe

The issue is that Hubby hates Mr. Pibb, while he loves Dr. Pepper. Personally, I can't tell the difference. But then, I don't care if I'm drinking Coke or Pepsi, either. Of course I am perfectly happy with the free beverages, myself, so I'm not going to be drinking any of the soda. I was just hoping that Hubby Dear wouldn't be too unhappy.

So, the question becomes "which does he hate less, Mr. Pibb Zero or Coke Zero?"

Thanks everyone, for the replies.

We'll try to make the best of it...

Janis

It is a rule that no beverages are allowed to be brought onboard except for the two bottles of wine, however it's frequently not enforced.

Oh. I thought maybe because it was a Pepsi product on a Coke sponsored ship. I thought I've read of people bring soda/water on board, but maybe that was with another line?

Thanks.

It does seem that Royal is hit or miss on if they let you get away with taking any soda or water on-board. Most I've read that take it on take it in a carry on.

If I REALLY wanted a specific drink they dont provide, I'd try it. The worse they will do is just confiscate it. You wouldnt be out much money if they take it. And if you get it on with you then its a bonus!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Janis

Never had a problem taking water and/or soda. I think you can cancel the pre-order if you wanted to try taking the soda on. My last cruise I booked/cancelled/re-booked the drink package before sailing.

When did the Grandeur get the freestyle machines? We were just there in august and they weren't on there.

Had to be before January 2014, because that's when I added it to my list.

Isn't it your first?

Yes, this will be our first cruise with RCCL. I'm probably overreacting, but so far, it seems that I just might not be a "Royal" kind of gal. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but not succeeding so far. I've got to admit, paying almost $800 a piece for an inside cabin in the basement has sort of freaked me out. I'm used to paying half that amount for a better room....

There's been lots of frustrations already, both with trying to navigate that *awful* website, spending over 2 hours on hold when trying to make my final payment a while back (during the "kids sail free" promotion), and other petty things (like this not knowing if we can actually carry on our own drinks, so my husband insisting he has to buy an overpriced drink package thing).

I've received some good suggestions here, and I'm going to try taking a big ol calming breath and just chill out.

:-)

Janis

I'm another vote for slapping a luggage tag on a cube of Pepsi Max & seeing what happens... then come back quick & let us know how it went because my husband & I are sailing on Grandeur right after you :)

We're going to attempt bottled water and some Pepsi products based on other threads here about the rules not always being enforced.

Enjoy your cruise!!

2 in the wind jammer and 1 on the 6th floor near the specialty coffee place. that is needed when the windjammer is closed you cant go in just to use the freestyle machines.

since he doesnt like mr pibb what about A&W diet root beer or fanta Zero in 6 flavors? sprite zero? flavored water ? many many diet options to choose.

Edited by Harooni

2 in the wind jammer and 1 on the 6th floor near the specialty coffee place. that is needed when the windjammer is closed you cant go in just to use the freestyle machines.

since he doesnt like mr pibb what about A&W diet root beer or fanta Zero in 6 flavors? sprite zero? flavored water ? many many diet options to choose.

I loved the flavored waters, but was not sure if they were sugar free or not.

Just an fyi, if the windjammer is closed you can still go in and use the freestyle machines. Sometimes they would have the inside doors pulled and if they do just go to the other entrance and you should be able to get in. Also there is a side door by the 24 hours coffee service. You can get in that way if needed.

Just an fyi, if the windjammer is closed you can still go in and use the freestyle machines. Sometimes they would have the inside doors pulled and if they do just go to the other entrance and you should be able to get in. Also there is a side door by the 24 hours coffee service. You can get in that way if needed.

last time i was there the side door was sealed and had a sign not to use it. also when closed my son was not allowed in it to use the machines. but the one on the 6th floor is out in the open and convenient