Medical situation/response on the Grand....

thyme2go

If you witnessed an accident in the road etc you would dial your countrys emergency number immediately I would hope so when on a ship I would dial the 911 immediately not ask a staff member to do it What you see can be told to the emergency desk by YOU and you would be clearer then just someone has collapsed or fallen over Just my input

If you witnessed an accident in the road etc you would dial your countrys emergency number immediately I would hope so when on a ship I would dial the 911 immediately not ask a staff member to do it What you see can be told to the emergency desk by YOU and you would be clearer then just someone has collapsed or fallen over Just my input

Exactly!

Where are all these phones that people keep referring to? I don't recall ever seeing phones anywhere really x @ bars, @ PSD and in cabins.

I also think that people need to rethink their idea of being "cruise worthy" etc. I saw several folks on board my PC cruise in March that just looked like a code waiting to happen and quite frankly if I saw them coming our direction, we did an about face and went elsewhere. It used to be policy that you could not fly past a certain gestation in a pregnancy and I think the same thing applied to cruising. They have very stringent requirements for people that travel with dialysis materials so why not have some minimum criteria for passengers? I'm not implying that it target a certain age group altho statistically the older you are the more likely you are to have an "event". There's no easy answer and certainly personal responsibility comes into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where are all these phones that people keep referring to? I don't recall ever seeing phones anywhere really x @ bars, @ PSD and in cabins.

I also think that people need to rethink their idea of being "cruise worthy" etc. I saw several folks on board my PC cruise in March that just looked like a code waiting to happen and quite frankly if I saw them coming our direction, we did an about face and went elsewhere. It used to be policy that you could not fly past a certain gestation in a pregnancy and I think the same thing applied to cruising. They have very stringent requirements for people that travel with dialysis materials so why not have some minimum criteria for passengers? I'm not implying that it target a certain age group altho statistically the older you are the more likely you are to have an "event". There's no easy answer and certainly personal responsibility comes into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What would be the fair way to ascertain who is "cruise worthy?" You couldn't go by age as some are quite spry and "with it" at 90 and others are "old" at 65. Should one get a doctor's note? What about those who are a bit frail but still can maneuver on their own? What should be the "minimum criteria?" Sounds like a precursor to euthanasia to me. :(

Phones are plentiful around the ship. Usually near the elevators on every deck and on the walls in most public areas.

Mike:)

Phones are plentiful around the ship. Usually near the elevators on every deck and on the walls in most public areas.

Mike:)

Um, hm. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a house phone (although why you'd bring a dead cat onboard is beyond me. Maybe to wear as a stole on formal night?) She's probably been too busy evaluating "cruise-worthiness" to notice . . . .

Well, if you're in poor health or have some sort of medical condition, you certainly should get a doctor's note that says that you're fit to travel. And I'm sure there are plenty of sick people who would ignore that advice... If you read the medical forms that everyone ignores they do ask that if you have a chronic condition you should fill out the form and send to Fleet Medical who will contact your doctor if they have questions.

I can't make a judgement about the quality or lack thereof of medical care received because I wasn't there, but has anyone thought about the fact that pregnant ladies aren't supposed to go in hot tubs to begin with?? And then couple that with having epilepsy, it just seems like a recipe for disaster. I of course hope she received the medical treatment she needed; I just think it would have been prudent to avoid hot tubs in her condition. Aren't there signs warning against going in hot tubs while pregnant? I don't remember for sure, but it seems like I've seen them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app