Your favorite/strongest Carnival drinks

I just got off the Ecstasy this past Friday and I have to say the punchliner is the absolute strongest non-shot drink that carnival offers. I had mentioned it before but it has to be mentioned again. It is a mix of blue Curacao, skyy vodka and something else on the rocks and it is only available at the comedy shows. It runs $10 with tip but seriously, one gives me a good buzz and two would probably put me down for the count and I am not a small guy.

Now, it doesn't necessarily taste the best of all drinks, that would probably go to a frozen margarita or the cruiser/miami vice. They are nowhere as strong though, although they sure are refreshing.

Not being a huge drinker and not having sampled nearly all the drink options on carnival, it would be interesting to see what everybody's opinion of this subject is. All I know is, I am hooked on the punchliners as my evening drink of choice while cruising. I am even going to try making it at home at some point when I get the proper ingredients.

The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer.

They make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth

They make drinks so sweet and snazzy / The iced tea / The kamakazi

The orgasm / The death spasm / The Singapore sling / The dingaling

Carnival cruisers have been devoted to every flavor they've got

But if you want to got loaded / Why don't you just order a shot?

I just got off the Ecstasy this past Friday and I have to say the punchliner is the absolute strongest non-shot drink that carnival offers. I had mentioned it before but it has to be mentioned again. It is a mix of blue Curacao, skyy vodka and something else on the rocks and it is only available at the comedy shows. It runs $10 with tip but seriously, one gives me a good buzz and two would probably put me down for the count and I am not a small guy.

Now, it doesn't necessarily taste the best of all drinks, that would probably go to a frozen margarita or the cruiser/miami vice. They are nowhere as strong though, although they sure are refreshing.

Not being a huge drinker and not having sampled nearly all the drink options on carnival, it would be interesting to see what everybody's opinion of this subject is. All I know is, I am hooked on the punchliners as my evening drink of choice while cruising. I am even going to try making it at home at some point when I get the proper ingredients.

I agree with you on the Punchliner drink. I actually liked the way it taste though. Another strong drink I thought is the Fun Ship. Make sure you order it at the bar & watch them make it. Seems like the ones you get one on the first day from the waiter passing them out are much weaker & watered down. I usually get a Punchliner when I'm at the comedy club. Last time I was on a cruise I asked the bartender what's good & he said the Punchliner & I got it & then every time there was a comedy show I was there, not just for the great comedy, but to get a Punchliner.

The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer.

They make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth

Cocktail !! :D

Tom Cruise stalker?:cool:

Does Carnival have Everclear (or equivalent)? 151 rum?

If not, what would be the highest proof anything they offer?

I thought I read that they offer drinks with grain alcohol in them, I forget what they were called. Maybe something with 151 proof also. I wouldn't dare try that though haha.

I agree with you on the Punchliner drink. I actually liked the way it taste though. Another strong drink I thought is the Fun Ship. Make sure you order it at the bar & watch them make it. Seems like the ones you get one on the first day from the waiter passing them out are much weaker & watered down. I usually get a Punchliner when I'm at the comedy club. Last time I was on a cruise I asked the bartender what's good & he said the Punchliner & I got it & then every time there was a comedy show I was there, not just for the great comedy, but to get a Punchliner.

I don't dislike the taste of the punchliner, it just isn't my favorite. It does make your teeth blue afterwards though, :cool:. Interestingly enough, I have never had a funship special. I am usually making sure I get my money's worth on the first day with the bottomless soda package. I will try one someday for sure. The twilight zone is pretty good also and fairly strong. I agree that going up to the bar and ordering the drink yourself helps immensely with drink quality also. A dollar or two here and there for the bartender helps too. I figure maybe if you order directly from the bar, the person serving you might get a larger portion of the auto gratuity or the entire thing. I'm just speculating there, I don't know. But it also gets you your drink quicker. The four shots for $20 is a great option if you are in a little group, having a blast and want to keep the good times rolling. I never order anything other than an occasional glass of wine in the mdr, or if we see something we like, a whole bottle for the table.

"Cocktails & Dreams".....

I would try a Long Island Iced Tea- They are very strong!

If you want a strong drink just get a straight up vodka martini. <<SNIP>>.

A real martini would be great. Most bartenders think that putting vodka and ice in a shaker, pouring in a martini glass and adding a couple of olives is a martini.

If you want a strong drink just get a straight up vodka martini. END OF DEBATE!

Anything that is sugary/sweet is taking away from your alcohol content and is in my opinion a drink for 22 YO girlies.

Skip vodka make it with Gin...the real deal.