Changes to Wine and Water PKGs?

Just started looking at an upcoming January cruise on the Explorer and when I went to look at beverage packages it all seems new and different.

No bottled water package? No bottled wine at dinner package?

Am I late to the party or is this a new change.... if so count me on the "Do Not Like" list.

Anybody?

Just started looking at an upcoming January cruise on the Explorer and when I went to look at beverage packages it all seems new and different.

Am I late to the party or is this a new change.... if so count me on the "Do Not Like" list.

Anybody?

Unless something has changed very recently, these are the available packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

I would more suspect website issues with the Pre-cruise Planner section.

Edited by clarea

Non drinker here, wondering if I should order the $20 package. Anyone know how much 375 litres of sparkling water or a cup of premium coffee cost on board? Also if you preorder bottles of juice is there a selection to choose from? First timer on RCL and first time ocean cruising in many years.

Non drinker here, wondering if I should order the $20 package. Anyone know how much 375 litres of sparkling water or a cup of premium coffee cost on board? Also if you preorder bottles of juice is there a selection to choose from? First timer on RCL and first time ocean cruising in many years.

I thought it was 3-4 bucks.

thanks for the pdf -- in the old days (2yrs ago or so) you purchased a wine pkg based on the quality level of the wine -- there were at least two pkgs available -- the pdf doesn't indicate this. Comments?

Anybody?

I've been browsing the site recently for my Jan. cruise on Quantum, and the packages are all still there...the site looks different but everything is still there (at the same prices, too).

thanks for the pdf -- in the old days (2yrs ago or so) you purchased a wine pkg based on the quality level of the wine -- there were at least two pkgs available -- the pdf doesn't indicate this. Comments?

A year or two ago, they consolidated the 3 different packages into one.

The problem with that is when you actually go to "your" cruise and try to order a package, the link you provided is not the link you are taken too.

I think this change or error has occurred within the last few days.

Here is a link that explains the new "system"... http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/RCCL-vacation-planning-tool-streamlined/

Edited by MDFAN

I just went to the site again. The new system is called the "Planner" and it looks wonderful and easy to navigate.

BUT when you go to book a package on YOUR cruise it only gives you 5 options.

2 Alcohol packages- 1 at $45 per person and the other @ $55 per person.

there are only 3 Non-Alcohol packages - $6.50 per day Soda only, a $20 per day package, and a $20.15 per day package.

No bottled water package and no dinner wine package.

I have asked RCCL about this 3 days ago and am still waiting for a response.

I just went to the site again. The new system is called the "Planner" and it looks wonderful and easy to navigate.

BUT when you go to book a package on YOUR cruise it only gives you 5 options.

2 Alcohol packages- 1 at $45 per person and the other @ $55 per person.

there are only 3 Non-Alcohol packages - $6.50 per day Soda only, a $20 per day package, and a $20.15 per day package.

No bottled water package and no dinner wine package.

I have asked RCCL about this 3 days ago and am still waiting for a response.

What's the difference between the $20 and $20.15 packages (besides the $0.15)?

Just heard back from RCCL. It's a "migration" problem while converting over to the new "Planner". They assure me it will be up to date in the "near" future.

I told them to stop using birds to handle these things and they wouldn't have those kinds of problems...... not sure they got it.

BTW- Juice package is the $20.15 and the "Premium coffee, and non alcoholic drinks" is the $20.00 and of course the soda package is the $6.50.

Edited by MDFAN

Just heard back from RCCL. It's a "migration" problem while converting over to the new "Planner". They assure me it will be up to date in the "near" future.

I told them to stop using birds to handle these things and they wouldn't have those kinds of problems...... not sure they got it.

BTW- Juice package is the $20.15 and the "Premium coffee, and non alcoholic drinks" is the $20.00 and of course the soda package is the $6.50.

Did they confirm the price of the Select package is rising from $40/day to $45/day?

Anybody?

Just off Explorer last week. The "Wine & Dine Package" was still in place then, just as Clarea posts.

Ray in NH

As Bob