upgrade to captain suite from grand????

rxnrn

Just got the call to see if I want to upgrade for a flat $1600 (3 of us) to the Captain suite from our Grand suite on the Freedom. She said we would be the first to use it? We sail 6-14. I am kinda scared about switching since you don't know if all the kinks will be worked out. It looks beautiful, but I was thinking $1200 ($400 per person) would be more attractive. I have to call her this am. Do you think the carnival rep would have the ability to negotiate? I had called them a week ago about the price drops on the Grand suites of $1000, trying to get token obc. I figure I made the upgrade list by making the call.

Edited by rxnrn

The pictures I've seen sure are beautiful, but of course you have to decide whether it's worth the money. I mainly responded because I'm on the same sailing! Are you on the roll call or on the other roll call on the popular social media site (we aren't allowed to name it here)? If you are and decide to take the upgrade perhaps we can add it to the cabin crawl :)

We tried to negotiate when we got an upsell call from a GS on Fantasy to Owner's Suite a few years back. They wanted $1800 for the 4 of us. Wouldn't take a penny less, and they actually called us back a few times to try to convince us. Wasn't worth the money to us for a 5 night cruise. You can always give it a shot - nothing to lose!

They'll go down the list with that price until someone bites, so I doubt you'll have much luck negotiating.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. For me, the main reason to choose Carnival is to sail as cheaply as possible. Upgrading would defeat that purpose.

It makes no sense to me to pay that much money to sail on a budget cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I agree that it might not make financial sense, especially since the grand suite is nice enough. However against all common sense, I emailed the rep to see if they would go with the upgrade at $400 per person. I'll let you know what the response is.

Someone was able to book that room recently under the 4J rate since those cabin numbers were originally the interior with walkway views on Lido. Lucky dogs. :p

Someone was able to book that room recently under the 4J rate since those cabin numbers were originally the interior with walkway views on Lido. Lucky dogs. :p

I like to believe this story as well:D

Good news, they came down to $1240 (413/person) and I took it. I wonder how they determined 1240 as the magic number. Probably saw me as a sucker and would take that bait. Since it is an 8 night cruise with 3 days at sea I think it will be worth it. I will report back on the Captains suite when we get back!

Good news, they came down to $1240 (413/person) and I took it. I wonder how they determined 1240 as the magic number. Probably saw me as a sucker and would take that bait. Since it is an 8 night cruise with 3 days at sea I think it will be worth it. I will report back on the Captains suite when we get back!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! For that price, I would have probably taken it also. Have a great cruise.

"suite"!!! :D

I'm the one that got it for the 4j room price and its a real deal! I called Carnival and they said yes that's the pricing you get since that's the price it was advertised at. I already have my luggage tags for that booking and it says captain suite on it. Please do post pictures of this cabin!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Edited by krminnic85