Carnival Corp. to Invest $400m in Scrubber Technology

alfaeric

Not sure if anyone cares about this, but I was sent this by a friend here at work.

It's sounds to be good news for those of you who like to sail Carnival out of Baltimore and Norfolk- they should be back in 2015.

Didn't say what type...my experience with scrubbers is that it transfers it from one medium to another...like water perhaps.

Didn't say what type...my experience with scrubbers is that it transfers it from one medium to another...like water perhaps.

The new closed loop type of scrubbers (I don't think any open loop ones are approved, or would meet the PR test from environmentalists) like the ones that RCL and NCL have installed, use a centrifuge to remove the salts and metals from the scrubber water. The water is recirculated in the scrubber. The solids from the centrifuge are sent to the engine room slop oil tank for disposal ashore.

I see this as a move by Carnival's new CEO and board to correct the lapse that Carnival was in from previous management where they were the last to install scrubbers, even though Princess had done the groundbreaking work several years ago. I think the new management wants to retrench into the US market, and the EU market, which it appeared to me that previous management was leaving.

Edited by chengkp75

Sail-172.jpg

It's sounds to be good news

for those of you who like to sail Carnival out of Baltimore and Norfolk

- they should be back in 2015.

And out of New York.

Sail-244.jpg

Edited by Aplmac

Not sure if anyone cares about this, but I was sent this by a friend here at work.

It's sounds to be good news for those of you who like to sail Carnival out of Baltimore and Norfolk- they should be back in 2015.

Carnival announced months ago that they are back in Baltimore and Norfolk in 2015.. You have been able to book cruises for the last several months.. Norfolk sailings are spring and fall and the pride is returning to Baltimore in March 2015. In fact the re-positioning cruise for the pride from tampa to Baltimore is selling like crazy and the OV staterooms are already sold out

Carnival announced months ago that they are back in Baltimore and Norfolk in 2015.. You have been able to book cruises for the last several months.. Norfolk sailings are spring and fall and the pride is returning to Baltimore in March 2015. In fact the re-positioning cruise for the pride from tampa to Baltimore is selling like crazy and the OV staterooms are already sold out

Now you know how they got back, since the original reason they left was due to the ship's emissions.

Now you know how they got back, since the original reason they left was due to the ship's emissions.

Well..um...well..ya see, some of us were lucky enough to see articles similar to this one earlier this year talking about the Pride coming back to Baltimore and Carnival adding the scrubbers to the Pride and other ships....Which led us to booking the repo cruise next March...early..cause the prices for that cruise are nuts now...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5704

Well..um...well..ya see, some of us were lucky enough to see articles similar to this one earlier this year talking about the Pride coming back to Baltimore and Carnival adding the scrubbers to the Pride and other ships....Which led us to booking the repo cruise next March...early..cause the prices for that cruise are nuts now...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5704

So, you are welcome.

Glad you all take good news so welcoming.