Frequent carnival cruiser needs advice

Thinking about booking a B2B on the enchantment of the seas in september. Anyone care to talk me into it ? or out of it? It will be Me, DW, and my 2 DD's (5 and 6) How it the children's program? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks like you have cruised on Carnival's older ships, as well as newer ones.

Enchantment is one of RC's older ships. Not the oldest, and recently revitalized, but not one with all of the bells and whistles.

I like the Enchantment a lot. I have sailed on her 3 times and had a great cruise each time. Never used the kids' programs on any ships, as we didn't start to sail until my kids were teens.

If you are at all unsure, do ONE cruise first, rather than a B2B.

The staff is excellent, starting with Luke as Cruise Director and Darryl as Activities Manager. They will keep you in stitches.

I think you'll have fun combining a 3 & 4 day cruise. For us, we cruise at least 7 days at a time to make up for the hassle of flying in. Bathrooms on same deck as main dining room and Chops, so you're safe there.

We sailed in a Junior Suite an Enchantment a few years ago, and enjoyed it. Personally, we enjoy the Voyager Class more. Never been on anything bigger than Freedom.

Be sure you also book a prenight.

Vision Class ships have the Park Cafe that lets you get breakfast and lunch w/o the hassle of the Windjammer. At the Park Cafe, it's stand at the counter and shout, and served to you. So, no worries of cross contamination.

Edited by knittinggirl

IMHO if I had 7 days free for a cruise I would never back to back a 3 & 4. There is a ton of valuable time wasted. You don't begin the cruise until noonish then after the first leg you have to leave like everyone else then get back on wasting a full day that could be at a different port. Especially with young children I think it would be a hassle. The larger ships have a lot more to offer and, again personally I felt a lot more movement on the smaller ship and had to take Bonine every day that I never had to on the bigger ones.

There are no bad cruises and it is a personal preference.

If you need to go out of Port Canaveral... and can leave on a Sunday and return on a Sunday I would look at the Freedom. I LOVE the Enchantment... and have a B2B scheduled on her in September, but only because I can only sail that week on a Friday to Friday (I have to be home on that Saturday!)

You will save in port costs... you will save in insurance by booking only one cruise. Also, you'll have a varied itinerary. Enchantment is beautiful, but the Freedom will offer much more for the children. The Enchantment has a fine child's program... and the bungee/trampoline thing and a rock wall. Freedom has the rock wall and the flow rider (surfing for all ages!)

Both have their good points. I hope you find a cruise that works for you!