Itinerary Advice

I am sure that many of you will think of this is a wonky questions but here goes anyway.

My wife and I have sailed four RCI cruises and loved everyone. We want to go again but feel like we have "done" the Caribbean.

We have sailed:

Majesty on a Western Caribbean (Miami, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Labadee)

Grandeur on an Eastern (Miami, Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, Coco Cay)

Enchantment on a Western (5 day - Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Belize)

Adventure on a Southern (San Juan, Aruba, Caracao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)

When I keep looking at the various itineraries, I keep getting the feeling we have done the islands before. And I know part of the cruise is the ship itself (we love "at sea" days) but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for some variety in intineraries in the Caribbean.

For what it is worth, we are looking at sometime in Spring 2006. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

For a one weeker, our favorite is the "other southern route" (not Aruba/Curacao). The Adventure/Serenade route that does St. T, St. M, Antigua, Barbados, & St. Lucia.

For a two weeker, our favorite is the PC that does Aruba, Costa Rica, Huatulco, Acapulco, & Cabo (Ft. L to San Diego or vice-versa).

We will RCCL would add some new islands to the caribbean stops.

Have you checked this one?

Ship Name: Empress Of The Seas - 11 night cruise.

Departure Port: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Ports of Call: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; St. Johns, Antigua; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Margarita Island, Venezuela; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; San Juan, Puerto Rico

We did this last Dec. and just loved it. A lot of different islands on this one. The Empress is a smaller ship, but with this itinerary, you are so busy during the day that you do not need the extras of the larger ships.

Try the Vision. You'll go to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerta

Vallarta. There are three days at sea. I understand you're feeling

about having "done" the caribbean. We enjoyed this itinerary so

much we are repeating it again next year.

Thank-you for the suggestions. I love the advice on this board!

Quick question greatdanemom (or others): Any idea how warm it is in Bermuda in the Spring? (say April - May time frame) - we like the Caribbean for the heat - we Canadians like heat about that time of year

Also, when looking at a repositioning cruise, I suppose it makes the most sesne to go with custom air with RCI as opposed to trying to make your own arrangements - true?

thanks again for the advice :)

CCC

Its not the Caribbean, but have you thought about an East coast repositioing cruise. I know its not RCL, but one example is the Maasdam which goes from FLL to Montreal stopping in Charleston, Norfolk, NYC, New London Newport, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney and Quebec City.

If you like heat, and have done most of the Caribbean already I would suggest a Panama Canal cruise! It's warm in the spring and absolutely FASCINATING! Many ships do repositioning cruises from the Caribbean to the West Coast in the spring time. It may repeat some islands you've done, but the canal itself is amazing and then in some cases they also stop in Costa Rica (GORGEOUS!) and the west coast of Mexico.

Archived