Changed Itineraries? Catalog or online correct?

GeezerCouple

The latest catalog we received (or should I say "... that we read carefully enough"?) has some changed itineraries, with a small red banner stating "new itinerary".

As an aside, do they ever notify passengers about this, or does one need to "keep watch"?

But the ONLINE listing shows the original itinerary.

This one should be easier/faster to change than something in a print edition.

Which is correct?

It's not just an idle question.

We usually book private tours, so it matters not only "which day" we are in port, but which ports we are in!

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

In the past some seem to get a notice of any changes via their TA

Maybe you can ask on your roll call if anyone has heard of any changes if not just call Oceania for the current information

There seem to be several roll calls for your cruise :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931350

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2033086

one you started

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2013838

Edited by LHT28

In the past some seem to get a notice of any changes via their TA

Maybe you can ask on your roll call if anyone has heard of any changes if not just call Oceania for the current information

There seem to be several roll calls for your cruise :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931350

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2033086

one you started

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2013838

How did you find the other roll calls?

Yes, there *were* others (at least two), but they vanished, as at least one other poster has also noted.

So yes, we did already ask about these two different itineraries, but no one responded.

Then I realized, as I mentioned, that it wasn't just an idle question, as we would be making tour reservations based upon whatever itinerary we assumed was accurate.

But what is troublesome is that the "easier/faster to change" online itinerary is apparently the *old* one, while the printed catalog shows the "new itinerary".

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

Which sailings are you seeing have changed? 2015? Which dates? Thanks!

According to the catalog we are reading, there are at least 3, in November and December, 2014.

(At least, each of these 3 is labelled as having a "new itinerary".)

GeezerCouple

How did you find the other roll calls?

Yes, there *were* others (at least two), but they vanished, as at least one other poster has also noted.

They never vanish

you can change the default for the number of threads to display

go to the bottom of the page where is says DISPLAY OPTIONS then change to what ever time frame you want to look at

But what is troublesome is that the "easier/faster to change" online itinerary is apparently the *old* one, while the printed catalog shows the "new itinerary".

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

Where does the NEW itinerary go compared to the old one?

Could it possibly be just a new port that Oceania has not been to before?

We did a similar cruise in Jan but no Grenada or Martinique on ours

Edited by LHT28

This is Harry Sommer from Oceania Cruises. I'd love to be able to answer your question. Can you please let me know which specific Ship and Voyage (sailing date) you are looking at. I can then verify the itinerary for you.

Also, if you still have the marketing piece in front of you, if you can let me know the title of the marketing piece (i.e. what it is called on the front cover), I can check that as well.

Best regards on this Memorial Day.

Harry Sommer

Chief Marketing Officer

Oceania Cruises

This is Harry Sommer from Oceania Cruises. I'd love to be able to answer your question. Can you please let me know which specific Ship and Voyage (sailing date) you are looking at. I can then verify the itinerary for you.

Also, if you still have the marketing piece in front of you, if you can let me know the title of the marketing piece (i.e. what it is called on the front cover), I can check that as well.

Best regards on this Memorial Day.

Harry Sommer

Chief Marketing Officer

Oceania Cruises

Very impressed with your response on a holiday. I have always found Oceania quick to take care of and answer all valid questions. One of the reasons that O has become our cruise line of choice. :):)

They never vanish

you can change the default for the number of threads to display

go to the bottom of the page where is says DISPLAY OPTIONS then change to what ever time frame you want to look at

Thanks VERY much!

I never noticed (obviously!) that these defaults are different for each topic/thread.

I've adjusted that display option, on all of the pages we watch.

We aren't the only ones, as others also "couldn't find" older threads, including the others for this particular cruise.

(This "problem" was also discussed in the second of the [not!] vanishing threads, before it, too, seemed to disappear.)

I've also seen this "problem" discussed on other categories.

Thanks, LHT28.

We've learned quite a bit from you, and this is yet more, although not nearly as much "fun" as with actual cruising information.

Perhaps Cruise Critic, in some future software development, could make that little choice a bit more prominent?

More importantly, CruiseCritic.com is an amazing resource, and we are glad we found it as we've begun the major travel portion of our lives!

GeezerCouple

Thanks VERY much!

I never noticed (obviously!) that these defaults are different for each topic/thread.

I've adjusted that display option, on all of the pages we watch.

We aren't the only ones, as others also "couldn't find" older threads, including the others for this particular cruise.

GeezerCouple

You can go to USER CP (top left) then scrolldown EDIT OPTIONS then to page defaults change to the number of days you want to see threads it will change all those ones you watch

Lyn

Edited by LHT28