The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Southern Caribbean B2B on the Jewel of the Seas!

YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM IS BEING DISRUPTED FOR THESE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Two Errors I just noticed and it's too late to correct:

Error #1 - I neglected to mention that the First Formal Night on this cruise was Night #2 - St. Martin. Formal Night #2 will be coming up on Night #5 - Barbados.

Error #2 - St Kitts was Day 3, not Day 2.:o

Between errors, typos and omissions I feel as if I need a proof reader. Anyone want the job? Pay is low, actually nonexistent, but the appreciation is high!

Now for the Announcement - I will have to suspend this review at this point until Friday. I work tonight and the following two nights 12 hour shifts, sans laptop, I also drive about 45 minutes to an hour each way. Since my pictures and offline review are stored and created on the laptop I will only be able to answer questions and comments on my tablet and phone during breaks at work. So bear with me. I promise to get back to Antigua after I get up on Friday afternoon! After that I have 6 nights off and I hope to finish the review during that time.

I only had wine and soda, so can't say for sure. However, I do believe that mixed drinks are included. I will dig out the Diamond Perks letter we got and see if they have it there.

I would really appreciate this....thank you:). Your review so far is amazing.....you just can't beat the Southern Islands!

I would really appreciate this....thank you:). Your review so far is amazing.....you just can't beat the Southern Islands!

Mixed drinks and beer are not complimentary at the Diamond Event on Jewel. They would be 25% off regular cost.

Fantastic Review!! I haven't cruised on Jewel yet but we are cruising on Feb. 20, 2016 on Adventure. Love your group of seasoned and fun cruisers!!

Looking forward too the rest!

Mary from Michigan

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

It may take a few days to get to it since I'm working, but I will. Thanks for the nice words.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Fantastic Review!! I haven't cruised on Jewel yet but we are cruising on Feb. 20, 2016 on Adventure. Love your group of seasoned and fun cruisers!!

Looking forward too the rest!

Mary from Michigan

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Thank you. They are a special group. I'll keep 'em!

Everyone loves your reviews so much so thanks for doing one. I try my best to write a good review but I don't seem to get many replies nor the compliments like you get on your reviews cuz you do such an awesome job. I certainly enjoy them and its like reliving things. Plus I get to see & save some of your pictures of Steve & I.:)

Week One, Day Two, St. Martin. Our friends Bill & Gina did don their swim wear and parked down on the beach with Jon and Penny.

DSC09801-L.jpg

I did share your photo with Jon and Penny since I don't think they will see it here. Thanks for the shot. I use hope we come across you in the future when we can hit the Diamond Lounge together. (assuming I don' get barred for being too blue collar ;) )

Hi Sunny AZ Girl,

I've been away from CC for a few days and was delighted to find your review when I logged in today! You all seem like such a fun group.

I remember you from my recent review.

I'm loving both your commentary and pictures. It is so nice to see the different islands and ship pictures from another perspective and different excursions.

I'd love to know what camera you are using and what photo-hosting site.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review. The resort at St. Kitts looks wonderful. That island is on my list of places to visit; one of the few ports we haven't been to yet.

Everyone loves your reviews so much so thanks for doing one. I try my best to write a good review but I don't seem to get many replies nor the compliments like you get on your reviews cuz you do such an awesome job. I certainly enjoy them and its like reliving things. Plus I get to see & save some of your pictures of Steve & I.:)

Your review was great and I plan to link to it when I get to Antigua since you did something different that day. Let me know if you want me to email you any pictures and I will do it when I am done.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I did share your photo with Jon and Penny since I don't think they will see it here. Thanks for the shot. I use hope we come across you in the future when we can hit the Diamond Lounge together. (assuming I don' get barred for being too blue collar ;) )

Somehow I think you will fit right in! The place could have been livened up a bit. [emoji4]

Hi Sunny AZ Girl,

I've been away from CC for a few days and was delighted to find your review when I logged in today! You all seem like such a fun group.

I remember you from my recent review.

I'm loving both your commentary and pictures. It is so nice to see the different islands and ship pictures from another perspective and different excursions.

I'd love to know what camera you are using and what photo-hosting site.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review. The resort at St. Kitts looks wonderful. That island is on my list of places to visit; one of the few ports we haven't been to yet.

Thank you for the kind words. Your review was a big help to me.

We loved St. Kitts! Try to get there. Both weeks were favorites for us.

My camera is an older Sony Cybershot. My husband uses a Canon D10 which takes both great above and underwater shots. They are kind of mixed up together. I use SmugMug for photo hosting.

I am just downloading your pictures you post so no need to email them Ginny. By the way, I am saving them under your name so I can give you credit if I use them in any way since they aren't my shots.

Be sure to check all the pictures in the links I post as there are some good ones of you that I may not post otherwise.

Great review with great photos! Thank you for taking the time to do it.

I love doing it, but nice comments like yours are what keeps me going. [emoji4]

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Week One, Day Four – Antigua

The calm waters of Antigua greeted us the following morning. It was another gorgeous day and we were just being positioned at the pier when we looked out at our balcony view. Previous days had been windy and a bit wavy, so the perfectly still water was a pleasant change.

DSC00009-L.jpg

Most of our group was going with us on the Lawrence of Antigua tour today. The exceptions were Lisa and Young Steve as they had opted for another beach day at Coconut Beach Club instead. You can read Lisa’s Wonderful Review here. It sounds as if they had a very nice day.

We had been to Antigua before, but had done Eli’s Eco Tour (great tour, also) and had never seen the other island highlights. So today we wanted to see all the other things Antigua had to offer.

Lawrence met us right on time just outside the security gate in the shopping complex near the ship. With his brightly colored vest & large sign he was pretty easy to find among the other taxi drivers and operators waiting in the same area.

DSC00014-L.jpg

We waited around for a few minutes for another couple to join us and then we were off to see Antigua. Our drive through the countryside was interesting. I never mind the drives through unfamiliar areas as I love seeing how the locals live. We passed abandoned remnants of the islands now extinct sugar cane industry and stone hewn homes and businesses. I tend to take pictures while on moving vehicles with a high shutter speed, so please excuse the occasional blur and reflections off the glass.

DSC00022-L.jpg

DSC00022-L.jpg

I love that the islands are dotted with quaint churches along the countryside

DSC00024-L.jpg