Does open booking have to booked with TA?

Last September I purchased an open booking while on board FOS, the email confirmation states I can contact the TA for which I used for that cruise and give them my booking number. However, what if I do not want to use that same TA? Right now I see better rate directly on RCCL website, I had only used the TA for the OBC they offered last year, this year it's only $45 not worth the difference in the price.

Last September I purchased an open booking while on board FOS, the email confirmation states I can contact the TA for which I used for that cruise and give them my booking number. However, what if I do not want to use that same TA? Right now I see better rate directly on RCCL website, I had only used the TA for the OBC they offered last year, this year it's only $45 not worth the difference in the price.

When you purchased the NCC on board, they automatically assigned it to the travel agent whom you used to book THAT cruise.

If you didn't want it assigned to them, you had to tell the LA that when you purchased the NCC.

ETA: You can contact the TA and ask them to transfer the NCC back to you.

Edited by Merion_Mom

As it currently stands, the TA owns the booking and must book the cruise for you. It is possible to transfer the booking back to yourself, but the TA would have to agree to release the booking.

When you purchased the NCC on board, they automatically assigned it to the travel agent whom you used to book THAT cruise.

If you didn't want it assigned to them, you had to tell the LA that when you purchased the NCC.

ETA: You can contact the TA and ask them to transfer the NCC back to you.

Thanks...I guess it also wouldn't hurt to ask them why their rates aren't the same special as on RCL? Or save for another time.

Thanks...I guess it also wouldn't hurt to ask them why their rates aren't the same special as on RCL? Or save for another time.

Definitely ask. Their rates should NEVER be higher than RC's. Be sure that you are comparing apples to apples - both should be bottom-line prices, including all taxes/fees. What about gratuities? Did your TA add those into your price?

Definitely ask. Their rates should NEVER be higher than RC's. Be sure that you are comparing apples to apples - both should be bottom-line prices, including all taxes/fees. What about gratuities? Did your TA add those into your price?

It's online big box store TA so I checked same sailing for 3 people and their min rate for the room type wasn't what RCCL showed...RCL has special for 3 and 4 person but the TA rate wasn't so much higher as to not have that special but still overall like $100 more. It was just rough search...but I had included my loyalty number when searching.