Price increase- Which do you prefer?

Mom33

I can feel the blast coming.....

I have long felt that gratituties should be included in the cruise fare. No option to remove.

If the real problem is with room service employees not receiving tips, then raise the cruise fare instead of placing a fee for the service. I seriously doubt the problem Princess has with room service is the lack of tips given to room service employees. My opinion is that it is a source of revenue.

As far as Alfredo's. We enjoy having a late lunch there. However, if it's going to be considered a speciality venue, of sorts, let everyone know in advance. Personally, I would not pay $10 PP to dine there.

Shirley

Now that the Alfredo's and room service charges have been halted, would you prefer to see them reinstated with notice or a cabin price increase with notice?

Neither one.

Princess could do a better job of informing people that room service personnel are not included in the auto-tip arrangement. This would mean more tips for the servers. OR they could raise the daily auto-tip by $.50 or so and include them in it.

Pizza, the way that Princess serves it, is laced with overhead costs. A $10.pp fee for pizza will kill the venue. There are many alternatives. Personally I believe that most pax would go for the Carnival model on pizza. No special venue, just a bar where you stop by to get a slice. Open 24 hrs.

I can feel the blast coming.....

I have long felt that gratituties should be included in the cruise fare. No option to remove.

If the real problem is with room service employees not receiving tips, then raise the cruise fare instead of placing a fee for the service. I seriously doubt the problem Princess has with room service is the lack of tips given to room service employees. My opinion is that it is a source of revenue.

As far as Alfredo's. We enjoy having a late lunch there. However, if it's going to be considered a speciality venue, of sorts, let everyone know in advance. Personally, I would not pay $10 PP to dine there.

Shirley

No blast from me..:D You have made good points.

Neither one.

Princess could do a better job of informing people that room service personnel are not included in the auto-tip arrangement. This would mean more tips for the servers. OR they could raise the daily auto-tip by $.50 or so and include them in it.

Pizza, the way that Princess serves it, is laced with overhead costs. A $10.pp fee for pizza will kill the venue. There are many alternatives. Personally I believe that most pax would go for the Carnival model on pizza. No special venue, just a bar where you stop by to get a slice. Open 24 hrs.

Except, Alfredos is more than pizza, especially on Royal/Regal.:)

Hi All

Hotel charge built into fare

Can be shown the way taxes and port fees are.

If Princess needs more income then raise the fare.

Offer an all inclusive price for those that want it. Giving so much drink. A number Spa treatments etc.

Or make one ship all inclusive and see what happens.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Please no increase in the cruise fare!!!! If people use room service or want to eat at Alfredo's let them make that choice knowing there is a fee. I rarely use room service and not big on pizza, so why should I pay more..JMO!!

Hi All

Hotel charge built into fare

Can be shown the way taxes and port fees are.

If Princess needs more income then raise the fare.

Offer an all inclusive price for those that want it. Giving so much drink. A number Spa treatments etc.

Or make one ship all inclusive and see what happens.

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Another good point.:)

Neither.

Princess introduced Alfredo's on the Grand as a complimentary venue and have continued to do so with the Sapphire, Royal and, until she actually sailed, the Regal. In addition, including a drink in the surcharge may be good for those who drink wine but it discriminates against those who don't drink alcohol or carbonated beverages.

From other posts, no other major cruises lines have a fee for Room Service, although Cunard apparently charges for late night deliveries. The Princess Room Service menu is mediocre at best. How can they think it is worth a $3 delivery charge??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Leave the base fares where they are, I'd rather pay extra for the add-ons I want than have an all inclusive fare.

Charge 5.00 per person for Alfredo's.

Complimentary room service between 6AM & 10PM (except for pizza) and have a service charge for after hours.

Increase the auto-tip amount by .50 daily and make the tips mandatory.

Above ALL else, notify people of changes in advance!

Edited by kayzmarie

I have to agree. Always have charges crystal clear and let customers decide what they want.

No 'all inclusive', that just makes folk pay for what they don't want. Just sell basic cabins, make a clear list of 'charged' items and the fees, and let people decide.

Doug

This new charge is going to be announced, they have had all the Regal room service paper work amended to show the $3 charge so it's just a matter of when they announce it.

I'm happy to pay extra as and when I use room service etc like cover fees for other venues, as long as I know what's complimentary/not when I book, amending benefits after people have booked stinks.

We much prefer Princess raising the price of the cruise across the board for all categories of cabins. Those in the lower priced cabins already reap the same benefit as those who pay more for higher priced cabins.

A full suite generally cost 4 to 6 times cost of an inside cabin, yet Princess basically provides exactly the same benefits. A mini-suite generally runs about 3 times the cost of an inside cabin.

Currently the those who fill the higher cost cabins subsidize the services and venues of those who choose inside and obstructed view cabins.

Sure we get breakfast at Sabatinis and an extra mini-bar set up in a full suite, but little else that those in the inside cabins do not get. Elites get the same benefits whether in the least costly or most costly cabin.

It may not be a popular solution, but it would be a lot more democratic (small d) to share the costs across the board.

Just our opinion

Neither one.

Princess already has per slice pizza in addition to Alfredo's. It is up by the pool.

So even with the Alfredo's charge you can still get free pizza, you just have to go up by the pool.

Let's not give corporate any new ideas, :D

But realistically, I would rather have everything rolled into one fare, sans drinks and excursions, of course.

I would be willing to pay more at the outset if it meant improved food quality Paying up front , I would know that I would get no nickel and dinming surprises once on board.

I would prefer the fees instead of an increase in base fare. That way I can choose to buy it or not.

For those that want an increased fare and more of an all inclusive feel Princess should provide more packages and sell them as add on. That way those that want, can pay more when they buy their fare and not have to deal with individual fees on board.

We much prefer Princess raising the price of the cruise across the board for all categories of cabins. Those in the lower priced cabins already reap the same benefit as those who pay more for higher priced cabins.

A full suite generally cost 4 to 6 times cost of an inside cabin, yet Princess basically provides exactly the same benefits. A mini-suite generally runs about 3 times the cost of an inside cabin.

Currently the those who fill the higher cost cabins subsidize the services and venues of those who choose inside and obstructed view cabins.

Sure we get breakfast at Sabatinis and an extra mini-bar set up in a full suite, but little else that those in the inside cabins do not get. Elites get the same benefits whether in the least costly or most costly cabin.

It may not be a popular solution, but it would be a lot more democratic (small d) to share the costs across the board.

Just our opinion

People in inside cabins don't get the same benefits as those in a suite. If you want an apartment type cabin with lots of space and extra services, then PAY for it. I will not subsidize those who can afford suites.

Princess already has per slice pizza in addition to Alfredo's. It is up by the pool.

So even with the Alfredo's charge you can still get free pizza, you just have to go up by the pool.

There is no similarity between the deck pizza and Alfredo's except that both have stuff on flat dough.

People in inside cabins don't get the same benefits as those in a suite. If you want an apartment type cabin with lots of space and extra services, then PAY for it. I will not subsidize those who can afford suites.

Yes, a full suite is larger. But just what other "extras" are there? As Elite we get virtually all the suite benefits anyway. It is the high cost cabins that now subsidize the lower -- not the other way around.

We all eat at the same venues or choose to pay to eat at specialty restaurants. We all get our hamburgers or pizza at the same place. We all can eat at the Horizon Court. We all can attend exactly the same entertainment venues. We all pay the same amount for wine and booze. Etc.

Let's be a bit more realistic.

This is a false choice. I prefer neither. Why would either be required? Unless profits are down due to increased fuel and food costs. Are they?

My wallet says it is lighter thanks to increased fuel and food prices.:D

Yes, a full suite is larger. But just what other "extras" are there? As Elite we get virtually all the suite benefits anyway. It is the high cost cabins that now subsidize the lower -- not the other way around.

We all eat at the same venues or choose to pay to eat at specialty restaurants. We all get our hamburgers or pizza at the same place. We all can eat at the Horizon Court. We all can attend exactly the same entertainment venues. We all pay the same amount for wine and booze. Etc.

The reality is that if you resent the price you pay for a suite, then don't do it!

Neither.

First, the Princess room service menu is very limited compared to other lines which offer full breakfast, lunch and dinner. On HAL, you can even order off the dining room menu delivered to your cabin any time via room service at no charge.

Second, the room service staff will suffer as the service charge will replace any tip.

Third, Alfredo's other than on the Regal and Royal is very limited with just pizza. Ridiculous to charge $10 for a small pizza. At home, you can get a large pizza for less. I think a $3 or $5 charge for the more full menu in Alfredo's on the Regal and Royal is reasonable if Princess feels they have to do it.

Fourth, if the service charge were added to the cruise fare, that's unfair as most people don't order room service. Everyone would be paying for a few. I order room service only when I'm going off the ship at a very early hour for an all-day tour.

Edited by Pam in CA

Based upon your comment then clearly you must not think that the increased room size is worth it, so why don't you go ahead and book and inside.

There are other cruise lines that have made the business decision to provide more of a class system for suites. NCL, Cunard have done so. Celebrity is going in that direction. So one of those alternatives might be more what you are looking for.

Edited by RDC1