New menus on the Epic

KeithJenner

I've just had a skim through the threads and didn't see specific mention of this, so I thought I'd report back that the new menus are now on the Epic.

The one I saw looked a bit different from those previously posted from the Getaway, so it looks like they have made some adjustments since going fleet wide.

I assume there was no lobster on the first night, as it was in the buffet on the sea day. As someone who doesn't see what there is about lobster that sends many cruisers crazy, I have to say this is not a good development. The buffet was really busy and you have to join the queue for the lobster to get near much of the other options.

...As someone who doesn't see what there is about lobster that sends many cruisers crazy, I have to say this is not a good development. The buffet was really busy and you have to join the queue for the lobster to get near much of the other options.

Thanks for the info on the new menus!

I don't get the whole lobster craze either, but....

There's no reason to stand in the "lobster line" if you are not eating lobster!

Just grab a plate and go around to get whatever else you want.

If I want mashed potatoes and pretzel bread that's where I'm going!

:D

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

Thanks for the info on the new menus!

I don't get the whole lobster craze either, but....

There's no reason to stand in the "lobster line" if you are not eating lobster!

Just grab a plate and go around to get whatever else you want.

If I want mashed potatoes and pretzel bread that's where I'm going!

:D

They were stopping people doing so. The annoying thing was that they had other stations with Lobster and no queues, but you couldn't get near many other dishes because of the main queue for Lobster.

Work needs doing on the layout I think.

I've just had a skim through the threads and didn't see specific mention of this, so I thought I'd report back that the new menus are now on the Epic.

The one I saw looked a bit different from those previously posted from the Getaway, so it looks like they have made some adjustments since going fleet wide.

I assume there was no lobster on the first night, as it was in the buffet on the sea day. As someone who doesn't see what there is about lobster that sends many cruisers crazy, I have to say this is not a good development. The buffet was really busy and you have to join the queue for the lobster to get near much of the other options.

Do you recall Chateaubriand and rack of lamb on the new Epic menus? Also, the 10 oz NY strip on the every day menu? Just trying to see if they are the same menus that Getaway has. Thanks!

Do you recall Chateaubriand and rack of lamb on the new Epic menus? Also, the 10 oz NY strip on the every day menu? Just trying to see if they are the same menus that Getaway has. Thanks!

I've only actually looked at one of them. No NY strip on the everyday menu as far as I noticed. It is quite a bit different to what I saw of the Getaway menu.

I'll try to get a picture of one in the next few days, but it's Rome tomorrow, so I may not get chance until later in the week.

I've only actually looked at one of them. No NY strip on the everyday menu as far as I noticed. It is quite a bit different to what I saw of the Getaway menu.

I'll try to get a picture of one in the next few days, but it's Rome tomorrow, so I may not get chance until later in the week.

Well that's a big disappointment.

Enjoy your trip!!

Hey Keith, another poster just off the Breakaway a week or so ago is reporting they have the new menus and that the dinner menu does not change anymore. Is this your experience? He says there is one dinner menu for the whole week with no changes other than the chef's special. Any info?

Hey Keith, another poster just off the Breakaway a week or so ago is reporting they have the new menus and that the dinner menu does not change anymore. Is this your experience? He says there is one dinner menu for the whole week with no changes other than the chef's special. Any info?

That isn't the case here. There are quite a few items which change from what I've seen.

I've got a picture of today's and we're probably going to Manhattan tomorrow so I should have at least a couple to compare.

I can't say for sure how different the menus are, but the starter and desert I had earlier in the week aren't available today, and I would have had a different entree if it was today's menu.

There is a section which doesn't seem to change. It has bolognese, lasagna and things like that.

The Warm Chocolate Volcano was really nice. :)

Edited by KeithJenner

I've managed to upload the pictures to Dropbox, so hopefully this will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j95zyxas8bif663/Photo%2029-05-2014%2015%2035%2028.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tapdvmgpxpj9x4g/Photo%2029-05-2014%2015%2035%2036.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zsq044b49d6t09/Photo%2029-05-2014%2015%2035%2040.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8naikwsp1ajsw5/Photo%2029-05-2014%2015%2035%2048.jpg

From what I can see, the classic dishes section stays the same but the other three have some changes.

I probably won't get chance to past any other days until I get home. I doubt whether I will sign up for internet in Palma.

I can't see any pictures [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are viewing the forum through an app then I don't think it works, as the app will try to display the link, but can't.

Either use "web view" if your app has it, or go through an internet browser. You should then be able to click the link.

Thanks for that,

One thing I see missing is their famous spring rolls, but some nice looking dishes on there, can't wait to be back on her in October. 😊

Thanks for that,

One thing I see missing is their famous spring rolls, but some nice looking dishes on there, can't wait to be back on her in October. [emoji4]

They had the spring rolls earlier in the week. I really like them, but didn't have them as there were other things I wanted too.

Thanks. The menus are different from Getaway. That's a real shame. How was the food? I'm sure it was all good :)

I've been vey impressed. I was a little disappointed at first as the menus don't look as good as the Getaway ones, but the quality is excellent.

I had the shrimp and beef rib yesterday an it was very nice. Our son has been ordering from the main menu and now loves Manhattan.

We were considering Cagneys tonight, but have decided to go back to the MDR instead as we like the new menus so much.

I decided to sign up for the internet again today, as we aren't going into Palma and I'm just sitting enjoying a beer. It means I can post some more menus. These are yesterday's. If I can be bothered to wander downstairs at some point then I will post todays.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73ljb58zewutkow/Photo%2030-05-2014%2017%2035%2050.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j36d79ggmjo514f/Photo%2030-05-2014%2017%2035%2055.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbvauft6ybbhjz9/Photo%2030-05-2014%2017%2036%2000.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i401yuz29pm32ik/Photo%2030-05-2014%2017%2036%2005.jpg