New menus on the Epic

KeithJenner

I must admit, as a SUPER picky eater (on top of being a vegetarian and being allergic to shellfish) I'm a tad nervous!

I was so comfortable with the old menus, I always knew what I could have and what I liked and didn't like. I hate sounding like a broken record/being a pain and always asking "Is this vegetarian?" "Does this contain any shellfish?"

The vegetarian lasagna rolls do look good though.

Thank you for the post. I am going on my first NCL cruise next year and I was worried about the food because I saw some not so good reviews. We will be cruising on the Epic out of Rome, and I feel a lot better now see the pics you posted.

We'll be doing your exact cruise mid October. Would love to read your review of the ports and what you did. Particularly Cannes. Any tendering?

Thanks for the menus. Is there a lobster night in the MDR? Or just in the buffet? What day/port did it coincide with. We get on in Rome not Barcelona, so our days may be slightly different.

Thanks again, Lillian

I'm feeling sad! I'm a picky eater, but I have the regular dishes I love to eat and I have always enjoyed my meal in the MDR. I've never been one that complains about the food, although on my last cruise POA I struggled as they had added a herb/spice to a lot of the dishes that I don't like (I think it was either turmeric or coriander) and everything seemed to have too much garlic. I always have Quesadillas or the spring roll for the appetiser off the regular menu or fish/crab cakes or quiche off the menu that changes. I nearly always have the strawberry cheese cake or apple pie off the regular menu or key lime pie or pecan pie off the one that changes. I think I'll be okay with the main course as I do like steak, chicken or roast turkey, lamb as long as it's not herb crusted or flavoured with garlic, but the appetiser and desserts look like very slim pickings. Green salad and vanilla ice-cream looks about all I would be able to eat there.:( I wonder if they take special requests???? Do they still have cheesecake at O'Sheehans? Do they still have the cheese platter in the MDR?

Edited by karoo

Thanks for posting these Keith!

One thing that I had read somewhere recently, was excitemtnt for the return of the famous "chilled fruit soups" which we loved and looked forward to at the start of each meal.

I didn't see them on these menus, so will know not to expect them....but one can hope! :D

Thanks for the menus,

We are on there next Sunday and that has just wet the appetite,

Cheers

28SAC

Those joining Epic on 8th June hope to meet up on 9th at 11 a.m. in the Atrium Coffee Bar and you would be most welcome to join us.

As several of us are joining excursions with some people who board on 11th we have suggested another meeting on 11th 7.30-8.00 pm same place

Please feel free to come to this and the one on 9th and get to know some of your fellow passengers.

Suzanne

• 3 months later...

Good day NCL cruisers...I see posts for the Menus on the Epic....I wonder if any very recent cruisers have been on the GEM and could/would be kind enough to post those new menus? I understand they may be different from the Epic's menu.

Thanks so much for your time. :) We are sailing on the Gem 12/1/14:) :D

Have a great day.

Good day NCL cruisers...I see posts for the Menus on the Epic....I wonder if any very recent cruisers have been on the GEM and could/would be kind enough to post those new menus? I understand they may be different from the Epic's menu.

Thanks so much for your time. :) We are sailing on the Gem 12/1/14:) :D

Have a great day.

Hi again, it's Me: Guess no one has been on the GEM recently to advise about the new menu...I'll keep trying.

Many thanks to anyone and everyone who answers.:D

Safe sails and enjoy your cruises

Hi again, it's Me: Guess no one has been on the GEM recently to advise about the new menu...I'll keep trying.

Many thanks to anyone and everyone who answers.:D

Safe sails and enjoy your cruises

I haven't been on the Gem, but my understanding is that the new menus are fleet wide, except for a couple of ships which will be getting them soon. I'm pretty sure the Gem wasn't one of those ships.