Price Drop Waiver Rejected

I booked our June 15th cruise with my Carnival PVP under what I understood to be the Early Saver Rate w/the $50 deposits + free upgrades back in January. I remember very clearly telling him that I will be watching those Price Drops daily trying to get OBC's. He reminded me then that I needed to get the waiver in at least 48 hours before we sail to get the OBC's.

Over the weekend, I noticed a Price Drop of $40 (each for our balcony cabins) so I submitted the Price Drop waiver. I also emailed my PVP just to make sure I did it correctly. He emailed me today saying that we were not actually Early Savers - so we don't get any OBCs for price drops after we made our final payment on April 1st! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I booked our June 15th cruise with my Carnival PVP under what I understood to be the Early Saver Rate w/the $50 deposits + free upgrades back in January. I remember very clearly telling him that I will be watching those Price Drops daily trying to get OBC's. He reminded me then that I needed to get the waiver in at least 48 hours before we sail to get the OBC's.

Over the weekend, I noticed a Price Drop of $40 (each for our balcony cabins) so I submitted the Price Drop waiver. I also emailed my PVP just to make sure I did it correctly. He emailed me today saying that we were not actually Early Savers - so we don't get any OBCs for price drops after we made our final payment on April 1st! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is why I always call in for the price drops.

This is why I never use a PVP. I did once, and had a similar issue. I was irrate! I had made very specific instructions on how I wanted it booked, and she did her own thing anyway. Now, if I book by myself, I know what rate I got, and if I book it wrong, it's on me, not somebody who thinks they know me from a 5 minute phone conversation.

If you booked in January for a June cruise, it sounds quite possibly that you were booked early saver. Back then Carnival only had a couple of rates going. One of them was early saver with the reduced deposit of $50 pp. I would call back and before you begin the conversation, just ask the rep what rate you are booked under. See what he or she says. You don't need to speak specifically to your PVP.

If you booked in January for a June cruise, it sounds quite possibly that you were booked early saver. Back then Carnival only had a couple of rates going. One of them was early saver with the reduced deposit of $50 pp. I would call back and before you begin the conversation, just ask the rep what rate you are booked under. See what he or she says. You don't need to speak specifically to your PVP.

"Now Is The Time sale" was early Feb with $50 deposit that gave price protection up to final and ES cancellation conditions, this would explain no price protection after final for OP if this is the rate PVP booked?

Around December when I booked for a June cruise the deal with ES was 50% reduced deposit.

I always, always, always, carefully read the entire confirmation email - usually before I even hang up the phone with my PVP. That email will show if you've booked under a restricted rate.

Am I the only person who actually looks at those emails? Every single time I make a change, or a payment, or upgrade my cabin, or get a price drop, I look at that confirmation and print it and put it in my documents. I don't even shred the old ones until I return home from the cruise. I want a paper trail (or paperless, at a minimum) of every single transactions.

So, if you haven't deleted it, find that original email confirmation and look way down under "Guest Notes." That's where it will stipulate any restrictions, including those that go with ES.

I always, always, always, carefully read the entire confirmation email - usually before I even hang up the phone with my PVP. That email will show if you've booked under a restricted rate.

Am I the only person who actually looks at those emails? Every single time I make a change, or a payment, or upgrade my cabin, or get a price drop, I look at that confirmation and print it and put it in my documents. I don't even shred the old ones until I return home from the cruise. I want a paper trail (or paperless, at a minimum) of every single transactions.

So, if you haven't deleted it, find that original email confirmation and look way down under "Guest Notes." That's where it will stipulate any restrictions, including those that go with ES.

I thought everyone kept that info? I use mainly my PC but with my Smart Phone old emails get archived and they are hard to find:)

I thought everyone kept that info? I use mainly my PC but with my Smart Phone old emails get archived and they are hard to find:)

If you use Gmail, just use the search function in Gmail on your phone. It works like a charm - I've never deleted an email all the way back to 2006 when I first got my Gmail account. It finds any email lightning fast even if you only know one or two key words used in the body of the email. Yup, I'm a Google cheerleader! :D

We had a price adjustment for 170.00, I phoned Carnival a couple of days ago for the past guest offer in Nov for a O/S and they said NO! And I phoned my PVP cause when I phoned it was Sunday and she gave us the price adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have a PVP and just submitted a price protection form and 5 minutes later it was rejected. I am booked under ES and have not made final payment as it is not until Aug 1st. It is only $40 total but that is 4 DODs! I am going to call them tomorrow.

I called them tonight and the port charges went up so it would only be a $10 credit, I would have to pay more of a deposit and my final date would be 1 month sooner so I passed. I did not expect to see any drops since there are very few cabins in our category so nothing ventured, nothing gained.:o

Why was the money put back on our cc? We're ES and our cruise is not until Nov?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any and all price adjustments prior to Final Payment date are refunded via the method of payment used at the time of booking. OBC is only given after Final Payment date.

My PVP responded to my email and verified that we were not Early Savers this time - "You are booked under the Fall and Winter Sale rate. The Early Saver rate closes 5 months prior to sailing for 7 day cruises, in this case, approximately January 15th. You booked on January 29th." Oh well, It's a great rate anyway and we are counting day til we sail away!!! :D

Well, there you are!

Before I call my PVP to book, I have a browser open with a "fake" booking in process at the point where I select a cabin. That way, when he pulls up the cruise and puts in my info, he sees exactly the same thing I see online. I even have another site open that has deck plans that you can drag so I can check to see if the available cabins are under the galley, or over a club, or some other location I wouldn't want.

So I already know exactly what the different fares are that are available to me for that particular sailing.

Yes, I could book it myself, since I already know exactly what I want and what it will cost, but I really like my guy and want him to get credit. The very few times I've had an issue/problem, he's taken care of things promptly.

One thing a lot of people don't seem to realize is that up until final payment, you can get price drops under ANY fare for which you qualify. And you can switch to ES just before it vanishes (5 months for longer cruises) and then take advantage of the price drops. I rarely book ES just because I hate restricted fares.

I don't have a PVP and just submitted a price protection form and 5 minutes later it was rejected. I am booked under ES and have not made final payment as it is not until Aug 1st. It is only $40 total but that is 4 DODs! I am going to call them tomorrow.

I noticed price drops yesterday for a new sale that has $50 deposits and no final payment due until 30 days prior to sail date. When I tried to do a mock booking to see the rate for my cruise, I realized the new sale only offers guarantee cabins, so it can't be matched by those with early saver. And the new sale isn't Pack and Go either. Carnival is indeed sneaky.

I noticed price drops yesterday for a new sale that has $50 deposits and no final payment due until 30 days prior to sail date. When I tried to do a mock booking to see the rate for my cruise, I realized the new sale only offers guarantee cabins, so it can't be matched by those with early saver. And the new sale isn't Pack and Go either. Carnival is indeed sneaky.

Sea, Sun, and Fun - if that's the rate you are referring to - has two pricing types - one where you can pick your own cabin and one where you can't. That's why I always click on see other rates. Sometimes there's all kinds of stuff behind there. lol.

Any and all price adjustments prior to Final Payment date are refunded via the method of payment used at the time of booking. OBC is only given after Final Payment date.

That is NOT what happened to me. Final Payment is 30 days before sail (June 3rd) and I just paid in full 3 days ago and 2 days ago the Carnival booking engine showed a lower price for my cabin category and I was given and $65 OBC, nothing was refunded to my credit card.

Ya I shouldn't have final paid two weeks ahead of the due date but had the cash to pay adn id. Will be using the $65 OBC for sure.

Carnival phone agents are slippery. I'm dealing with my own issues with fare protection because of a change a phone agent made to my reservation without informing me that my fare protection would disappear with the change. Don't let up: pin them to the wall until they relent or else dispute it with your credit card company.

Edited by gtalum

My PVP responded to my email and verified that we were not Early Savers this time - "You are booked under the Fall and Winter Sale rate. The Early Saver rate closes 5 months prior to sailing for 7 day cruises, in this case, approximately January 15th. You booked on January 29th." Oh well, It's a great rate anyway and we are counting day til we sail away!!! :D

Glad your PVP came through with an understandable explanation as to why you weren't booked ES.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were not happy about this either. We booked in November for our June cruise. When I called about price adjustment ($520 cheaper) they told us we weren't early savers. I will definitely be more diligent about how I book the next time. Our PVP said she couldn't do anything for us, ended up calling three different times-wouldn't even offer to cover our dinner in the Steakhouse or offer a FTTF pass. :mad: