123 is back starting June 2

Cruise Junky

We are cruising on the Summit March 2015. Booked with a TA. All she put on my confirmation is "free beverage package". She tells me that is the BEV123GO offer. Wondering i f we are going to encounter a problem on board ship if our invoice does not specify BEV123GO? Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

We are cruising on the Summit March 2015. Booked with a TA. All she put on my confirmation is "free beverage package". She tells me that is the BEV123GO offer. Wondering i f we are going to encounter a problem on board ship if our invoice does not specify BEV123GO? Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

It's a bit generic but if there are only 2 of yiu travelling that will be the perk from 133Go you've selected so should be ok. You can also confirm logging onto MyCelebrity page (it may take a few weeks to appear) but under your cruise calendar details it should show the ”WAVE PROMO" listed which is celebrity's labelling of the free classic alcohol drink pkg.

Cheers!

Edited by QE2_Fan

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the December 22 2014 Equinox and this offer was not available when I booked (May 2014). I booked through a large TA and got $475 OBC, which was the only special offer available when I booked. Will they be able to switch me to the drink package?

I am on the December 22 2014 Equinox and this offer was not available when I booked (May 2014). I booked through a large TA and got $475 OBC, which was the only special offer available when I booked. Will they be able to switch me to the drink package?

I'm pretty sure the 123 promo was running from march - June/July? For most parts of the world??

Where are you from?

I'm pretty sure the 123 promo was running from march - June/July? For most parts of the world??

Where are you from?

Looks like I was mistaken... Looks like it started in June... 😥

Tony,

We booked a 2015 cruise in late May just before the 123 promotion began in June through a large TA and like you received a sizable OBC. When I

inquired about getting the 123 promotion I was told that I was receiving a

special promotional rate from the TA ( this rate has been available now for over 3 months) and CC's rules disallow the promotion on our booking.( I read the fine print and it does seem to suggest that, as they call it, "group rates" are not eligible for the promotion. I would, according to them, have to cancel the booking, and rebook at the higher price that CC is showing in order to qualify. As the price the TA is offering is better even without the 123 promotion we are standing pat. On a recent cruise my DW and I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion.

Has anyone else had this experience and/or does this sound correct or could there perhaps be another reason why the TA is not offering us the promotion?

Thanks for any experiences or thoughts on this.

Tony,

We booked a 2015 cruise in late May just before the 123 promotion began in June through a large TA and like you received a sizable OBC. When I

special promotional rate from the TA ( this rate has been available now for over 3 months) and CC's rules disallow the promotion on our booking.( I read the fine print and it does seem to suggest that, as they call it, "group rates" are not eligible for the promotion. I would, according to them, have to cancel the booking, and rebook at the higher price that CC is showing in order to qualify. As the price the TA is offering is better even without the 123 promotion we are standing pat. On a recent cruise my DW and I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion.

Has anyone else had this experience and/or does this sound correct or could there perhaps be another reason why the TA is not offering us the promotion?

It sounds correct to me based on what our large internet TA has told us. Some rates are lower, but don't come with all promos, they also have different deposits and final payment terms. Decisions, decision. We've found the best rates / promos in general when we book onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Tony,

Last year, when booking late in 2013 for a 2014 cruise, we received a special rate. Late 123GO came along and we asked our TA if we could get the promo. We could, but we would lose the special rate. Weighing the two we kept the special rate.

This time we've booked early. It will be interesting to see how the pricing plays out as we approach our 2015 cruise.

Bottom line is you have to choose which is most important to you, but it is not uncommon that you can't have both.

What most have previously said is correct from what I have encountered. 1,2,3 promos (pick your perk or whatever they call it next time) are in most cases not combinable with other offers. So if you book under senior, military, police or group rates for example then they do not qualify. You then have to weigh up what the perk is worth to YOU compared to the reduced fare. When initially pricing our upcoming Solstice 12day cruise there was around $200pp difference in the discount (group, senior or both I can't recall) rate to the advertised on the two quotes I received from one TA. We chose to book the higher because there was value to US in paying less than $20 per day for the drinks pkg.

Edited by woodyren