123 is back starting June 2

Cruise Junky

Just tried to add the 123 beverage package to our existing bookings. Our TA says that Celebrity is telling him that if we add the beverage package to our booking, we lose the OBC we got as part of booking in April. I thought when we booked they said you could add another promotion. Anyone know.

I'm having the same issue!!

We had OBC already from booking onboard last month. I wanted 50 bonus points added for suite. They told my agent no. Our friends booked on land with same agent ,received same OBC but also received 50 bonus points for suite. They booked because we booked. Does not seem fair.

I just added it to a cruise for 2016.

Price was the same as when I booked so no problem there.

Our TA at first said I would lose the early booking bonus but we booked on board another cruise so i think she had the wrong bonus and when I emailed her back she was able to add the 1, 2, 3.

Tom - you DO know you only get the classic from 1, 2, 3 and you still have to pay to get the premium upgrade, right?

Yes I do Karen! Thanks for checking though. I really should have worded that better. I don't want to add to the insane amount of confusion that already exist.

I've been going back and forth all day with the TA at this point. Happy to hear you were able to get it worked out.

I can't believe how inconsistently this seems to be being applied across the board.

Cut and pasted from the offer link the Celebrity rep included. I addeded bullet list formatting to make it a bit more readable.

So many variables, timing etc. involved would explain why so many are getting mixed ability to add the offer. I included the offer codes so those trying to book online can add the codes in the offer fields to see if it applies to particular sailings when testing.

Those who suggest they were told when booking on board they could add another offer, they still can, so long as the offer being added itself allows its addition to prior bookings. This offer indicates it is not applicable unless added to non-discounted, standard fare and new bookings. So those characteristics of this offering tend to lend credence that it may not be applicable to existing bookings, and those who DO have luck adding it may be getting lucky, or are able to cancel and rebook and still have the same fare eligible or may find out later they really weren't eligible for it...

• Cruise must be booked between June 2-July 31, 2014 (the "Offer Period")
  • must be a 3-night or longer cruise that departs Oct. 2014-Apr 2016.
  • Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, and South America Celebrity Infinity cruises departing Dec. 4, 2014 and March 15, 2015.
  • Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare.
  • Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program.
  • Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period.

Provide promo code:

• BEV123go for Beverage
  • OBC123go for OBC
  • GR123go for Gratuities

for Europe 2014 cruises:

• BEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, EU

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-special#sthash.EzyyCyIo.dpuf

Has anoyone noted the Captain's Club bonus points offer language in the fine print:

Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points on bookings made at least 9 months prior to the departure date of cruise for ocean view and verandas; and receive 50 bonus Club Points for suites that are booked at least 9 months prior to the departure date of the cruise. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-special#sthash.EzyyCyIo.dpuf

For what it's worth, I was just able to add 1,2,3 Go to our existing reservation (made just after the 2015 schedule deployment) for the Western Med on the Equinox in May 2015. The price hasn't gone up, so it was added on in the course of a 5 minute phone call, no problem. No TA haggling needed. With the original booking, we had $200 OBC and the ability to add another offer. It seems like that for already booked cruises, if there hasn't been a price increase, adding this promo on shouldn't be an issue, at least it wasn't for me.

The Europe sailing perks are pretty sweet! Since we already had $200 OBC for booking early, we've added another $300 (10 night cruise) for a total of $500 OBC per stateroom with beverage packages for all. I'm a happy camper! :D

Can you change to another cruise and keep the Percs? That's a feature of on board bookings vs. 123 bookings?

So two cruisers have had luck adding 123 to an on board booking promo, did anyone ask if they get to keep the ability to change without losing the Percs?

Also as someone else mentioned, maybe some are actually getting rebooked, is you booking number staying the same or changing? That may be why some can get it added and others not?

So two cruisers have had luck adding 123 to an on board booking promo, did anyone ask if they get to keep the ability to change without losing the Percs?

Also as someone else mentioned, maybe some are actually getting rebooked, is you booking number staying the same or changing? That may be why some can get it added and others not?

I'm not positive if we were rebooked or not, but I just received our new confirmation documents. Everything is still the same, Room #, Confirmation #, etc. It just shows the new perks added to the existing ones.

Also, the reservation wasn't an on board booking- just an old school over the phone reservation.

I'm new to cruising/Celebrity, yet somehow playing travel agent for the whole family- thank goodness for lots of research and helpful folks on Cruise Critic!

I booked a May 2015 Alaskan cruise back in April through a big box store. Just got off the phone with them and they were able to add the Bev. Pkg. to my existing reservation, no re-booking and was able to keep my OBC (which I noticed they are still offering to new bookings). The price of my cruise had gone up $50 per person which I willingly paid. I also received quick and very friendly service :D, a pleasant surprise. Now I will need to figure out the ins and outs of upgrading to Premium! haha!

This is the first cruise I have ever booked so I really appreciate everyone's advice and sharing of experiences...thank you!

Our booking was not on board either. I just called the CVP that I use when I booked the cruise originally with the early booking on board credit. Called the Captains Club this morning and got the beverage package added. Both incentives show on my new booking invoice.

Mary Lou

We had OBC already from booking onboard last month. I wanted 50 bonus points added for suite. They told my agent no. Our friends booked on land with same agent ,received same OBC but also received 50 bonus points for suite. They booked because we booked. Does not seem fair.

My TA had to go to the Resolutions Dept to get mine

I'm surprised they don't make these specials new bookings only...it seems a huge headache for Celebrity to have to add/delete/change/argue with etc every time a new sale comes out and booked passengers want it...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They are in effect new bookings as you have to pay the current rate just like a new booking, to get the pkg

So, I just booked a cruise with the 1,2,3, GO deal, and it's telling me that I have the following:

• Special Offer - Promo Code B (RCL, CEL, AZA)

I selected the beverage package and put the promo code in the promo code spot when I booked - I just wanted to make sure this was correct or should I call Celebrity (we booked directly through the cruise line).

Thanks!

Is it possible that Celebrity in some countries now starts offering two pricelines for the same cruise - one with, the other without the package?

I was in contact with my TA today - a very well-known agency lots of CC members use to find out about cabin availability ; they really know their stuff - and I was offered two different prices for the same cruise:

The first one was the one offered last Friday before the promotion came out today. The second one included the beverage package OR the gratuities, even if was a European cruise.

The price difference between both was noticeable: almost 900 US-$. :eek:(Prices quoted were approx. 2600 /3500 $ when converted from Euros)

I'll check again with my TA tomorrow, hoping it's a mistake what they wrote. But as I said - they're usually really good at their job...

Another cruise we have been considering for a while has risen in price from Sunday, 31st. to Monday, 1st. Not really much, a couple of hundred, but noticeable as well as the price for that cruise had remained stable for months.

I was also told that the new promotion can definitely not be added to an existing booking - nothing new to us and I don't whine about that, either - different countries, different customs...

I booked onboard 2 weeks ago for May 2015 Europe sailing. Since I can now get 2 perks for a European sailing and I Already had $300 as my first perk OBC can I add gratuities to it. We don't drink enough to make drink package worth it for us. I'm reading this thread I don't see anyone choose gratuities and OBC as the two perks?

Thanks

So, I just booked a cruise with the 1,2,3, GO deal, and it's telling me that I have the following:

I selected the beverage package and put the promo code in the promo code spot when I booked - I just wanted to make sure this was correct or should I call Celebrity (we booked directly through the cruise line).

Thanks!

Mine says the same thing and on the invoice itself just under the cruise fair it says Bev123go. Also, a cruise I have booked from a previous 123 Go deal, that I picked the beverage package on and it all worked out as I have already paid for the upgrade to premium says the same thing as you noted above, so I think you are good, but I would check your invoice as well and if they didn't send one ask them to send it.

Thanks!

Looks the same as mine... Booked earlier for a European cruise and picked the drinks package & OBC... I think the drinks package should show up in a week or 2!

The price of the cruise ( Australia ) we wanted to book went up $300.US - Yesterday $2572 for the cabin which I enqiured about with our US based TA - email back this morning quotes - $2872. So much for the free drink package.:mad:

Looks the same as mine... Booked earlier for a European cruise and picked the drinks package & OBC... I think the drinks package should show up in a week or 2!

I changed mine this evening with my TA and added the drinks package and OBC and mine also says Promo B on the confirmation!

Edited by CC71

I booked onboard 2 weeks ago for May 2015 Europe sailing. Since I can now get 2 perks for a European sailing and I Already had $300 as my first perk OBC can I add gratuities to it. We don't drink enough to make drink package worth it for us. I'm reading this thread I don't see anyone choose gratuities and OBC as the two perks?

Thanks

I am on the phone with X now as I type :)

We are picking OBC and gratuities. We do not drink a lot either. We are also combining with our existing OBC of $175

edit: she has to call the resolution department to get it combined. Fingers crossed for no issues!

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

It's like a feeding frenzy...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was thinking the same thing! My agent at X sounded exhausted! Probably a very long day for them.

We scored on this promo.

Our price stayed the same for May 2015. We now have $475 OBC ($175 from early deployment, $300 123GO!) and free gratuities and the 25 bonus points!

Now we can go to Murano :D:D:D

Not sure what program our 2016 south american cruises were booked under but they each had $250 OBC and free gratuities back in March, when booked...C2 cabins at C3 prices.

Our travel agent tells me, I can add 1-2-3 for $100 per person per cruise. (note: that seems to have no relationship to the cruise fare which has gone up more than that amount....so it's a mystery). It seems that we can essentially add the classic drink package for $100 per person per cruise which is a "no brainer" no matter what's in it.

Alternatively, we can just rebook in A2 with another TA and get upgraded to the premium drink package, but with only $100 OBC vs $250 per cruise. That combo would cost $371 more than the C2 with the classic package....plus the $300 less OBC makes it a cost of $671. If we were going to upgrade the classic package with the C2 to the premium package, the upgrade would cost us $644. Net of this is that we move from C2 to A2 for $27 total. I think Blu is worth that :)

All options include free gratuities.

Edited by ghstudio

After 3 tries and my TA talking to the Resolutions dept I got to keep my original OBC and took the beverage package for 123 Go. Did pay a $100 price increase, but knew that was coming as I've been checking prices and my cabin choice went up a few weeks back.

Thank you!