123 is back starting June 2

Cruise Junky

These promos are ridiculous. The one great thing about Celebrity was that you had a choice as to what was important to you. Now everyone is subsidizing the drink packages and they are affecting the service levels on the ships. Maybe they figure if everyone drinks enough they won't notice.

These promos are ridiculous. The one great thing about Celebrity was that you had a choice as to what was important to you. Now everyone is subsidizing the drink packages and they are affecting the service levels on the ships. Maybe they figure if everyone drinks enough they won't notice.

Another view is that those who don't get free drinks as Elites are subsidizing the Elites. I think the promos are great - I get to pick the one that's important to me - you're right it IS a great thing about Celebrity. ;)

Maybe if you were around long enough to see what the prices were before all the promos you wouldn't be so enthusiastic. You're more than welcome to my Elite drinks. If I'm having a drink it's not one of those anyway.

As P.T. Barnum once said , there's a sucker born every minute. You would have been much farther ahead getting a great cabin price and buying your drink package.

I love Celebrity but the new President has accomplished his purpose and he's not doing anyone any favors with the promos.

By the way I have lot's of nice friends from Winnipeg.

Edited by Ma Bell

I booked a Carib cruise for Feb, 2016 about 2 weeks ago. Got an onboard credit, but the rep clearly told me if any new promos come up I could combine it with the OBC.

Can't wait to call this week and see if I'm eligible - I seem to miss out on them all the time.

Since we're Elite and already get more than we can drink every night for free, the only thing that makes sense are the free gratuities, which is fine by me.

Maybe if you were around long enough to see what the prices were before all the promos you wouldn't be so enthusiastic. You're more than welcome to my Elite drinks. If I'm having a drink it's not one of those anyway.

As P.T. Barnum once said , there's a sucker born every minute. You would have been much farther ahead getting a great cabin price and buying your drink package.

I love Celebrity but the new President has accomplished his purpose and he's not doing anyone any favors with the promos.

Drink package aside.You do realize how much food cost have gone up.The prices of cruise have to be increased to make sense.

I'm brand-new to Celebrity and relatively new to cruising--both cruises I've booked before, I've booked so close to sailing that final payment was already due and I have no experience working the price and promotion changes.

I just booked two cruises today in the Take 2 promotion. The agent (I booked over the phone with Celebrity) said I could add additional offers as they came along and particularly mentioned gratuities.

It doesn't look like I can combine this promotion with that one, but I also see that the OBC is $200 vs the $125 I got for my Bermuda cruise (which I think was outside the "Take 2" window anyway).

What is my best strategy here? This promotion is only for "new bookings" but if I cancel and re-book, that's a new booking, right?

It doesn't look like I can combine this promotion with that one, but I also see that the OBC is $200 vs the $125 I got for my Bermuda cruise (which I think was outside the "Take 2" window anyway).

What is my best strategy here? This promotion is only for "new bookings" but if I cancel and re-book, that's a new booking, right?

When is your cruise? Since you say Bermuda I assume it's this summer? The new 123 promo is only for cruises starting in October.

You'd think so! But I just got off a RCCL cruise to Bermuda yesterday and booked a cruise to go back next May. I guess I should have said that!

Yes. Was that under the new deployment promotion they're running? You're supposed to be able to add any offer to it, which would include 123Go. Also, I thought they always were offering 123Go for on-board bookings, so I wonder why you weren't able to get it?

Our cabin price hadn't gone up with the addition of the promo (though it is for December 2015 NZ cruise). I selected the classic beverage package and also got the "world tour" obc. Not sure how that worked out since the world tour offer was suppose to end may 31st. We booked after midnight on June 1st.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Hi PinkSalt

We are Aussies also - Still June 1 here A.M and seems I am having a little trouble booking with the promo on the Celebrity website . Can you tell me how you went about this please.:)

Drink package aside.You do realize how much food cost have gone up.The prices of cruise have to be increased to make sense.

Yes, I realize how much things have gone up. I've been in business for a long time and I know exactly what they are doing.

Hi Hammo,

For the OBC with the world tour it was automatically added to my reservation (I didn't need to add any codes). For the 123go offer you will need to add in the promo code relevant to the offer you would like. As an example if you wanted to add the beverage package you add the code " bev123go". They have all the codes listed in the terms and conditions ( you will find a link on the Celebrity Australia homepage).

You just need to search for the cruise you want and select "go to offers". On the next page is the travelers section, there is an offer code section. Enter in your offer code and then select UPDATE. Once it has been updated scroll down to the bottom and select book. I'll try to attach a photo for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

The increased bookings at the higher prices (rather than them having to discount heavily closer to the date) is subsidising the drinks packages. The cost to X of the drinks packages is pretty small.

1500 out of 2800 passengers on our Eclipse trip two weeks ago had a package. We noticed no affect on service levels at Bars or in the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been looking at next May on the Reflection to Athens but there is no mention of the 123 for this cruise, is it likely to come later ?

Tomorrow you should be able to book this with the package. I booked a NZ cruise for 2015 yesterday with a UK travel agent & got it for 400 pounds less without the package for booking before Monday and it was 600 pounds less than the Celebrity website for both of us - it was as large hump cabin. Very happy with that as my wife does not drink much and cruise very port intensive.

Edited by hobbsie65

Tomorrow you should be able to book this with the package. I booked a NZ cruise for 2015 yesterday with a UK travel agent & got it for 400 pounds less without the package for booking before Monday and it was 600 pounds less than the Celebrity website for both of us - it was as large hump cabin. Very happy with that as my wife does not drink much and cruise very port intensive.

Is your package a group booking as I thought UK TAs were no longer able to undercut Celebrity's pricing (just like in the States)?

Is your package a group booking as I thought UK TAs were no longer able to undercut Celebrity's pricing (just like in the States)?

I could not believe it when he offered this price unless it is from a group booking but that is unusual. I took the saving over the package as who knows what will be included in that next November :)

I have done a dummy booking for at 1 a balcony and it is £3086 without flights, no 123 available, for 10 nights :eek:

I will see how much it is when the offer becomes available as if the offer really is free the price should not change :rolleyes:

If the price does not change and we get free tips and drinks then it would be a much sweeter deal, if not then we will wait until 12 weeks to go and take our chances

On our last cruise in May it was much cheaper to get a guarantee balcony and pay for the package extra, I know it would be cheaper anyway as we didn't pick our cabin but for the difference in price was an awful lot so it was an easy choice

I have done a dummy booking for at 1 a balcony and it is £3086 without flights, no 123 available, for 10 nights :eek:

I will see how much it is when the offer becomes available as if the offer really is free the price should not change :rolleyes:

If the price does not change and we get free tips and drinks then it would be a much sweeter deal, if not then we will wait until 12 weeks to go and take our chances

On our last cruise in May it was much cheaper to get a guarantee balcony and pay for the package extra, I know it would be cheaper anyway as we didn't pick our cabin but for the difference in price was an awful lot so it was an easy choice

We paid just over £1,000 each for a 2C no package which suits us for 12 nights - we are in one of these this November & took the one on the port side exactly the same with the large balcony. It is £1319 each on the Celebrity website so £600 more for both of us & that should cover our drinks on board & we do not have to worry about what to drink & where we drink with the package icon7.gif

Edited by hobbsie65

It's funny, Winnipeg is not very big but it seems no matter where we go we meet someone either from here or with some sort of connection to here.

Totally confused new Celebrity cruiser with a 123 Go question:

We've booked for December 2014 with $500 off price and $500 OBC. Final payment due after Labor Day sale. To go with new offers, do we have to let go of the bonuses we have and just take the new offer as a re-book? It's a corner aft SS so we want to keep that cabin.

I have been looking at next May on the Reflection to Athens but there is no mention of the 123 for this cruise, is it likely to come later ?

Hi Ruby,

May Reflection trips are shown on my US agents promo email showing they are covered by the offer. Think you will be fine tomorrow when the offer goes live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally confused new Celebrity cruiser with a 123 Go question:

We've booked for December 2014 with $500 off price and $500 OBC. Final payment due after Labor Day sale. To go with new offers, do we have to let go of the bonuses we have and just take the new offer as a re-book? It's a corner aft SS so we want to keep that cabin.

Yes, you'd most likely have to give up what you have. Your TA could reprice for you on Monday so you could see the details

Just been on to my TA and Europe 123 offer is available - loaded on their systems. Worldwide - have to wait until tomorrow. Read all the exclusions and the UK don't seem to be one of them:p. Last year British were specifically excluded from the offer. Thankfully Celebrity have decided not to discriminate this year.:rolleyes: