123 is back starting June 2

Cruise Junky

Since my rate haven't change since I booked on board so I am not 100% sure, but usually you have to pay the prevailing rate for changing to new promo.:)

We booked 2 cruises while aboard the Millennium, but the first is up $200 pp, so the 1-2-3 is not worth it. The 2nd is to NZ/AUS and I believe the perks are no different from what we received, because only Europe cruises get 2 of the 1-2-3, right?

That's the point. Unless you keep track of your cruises from year to year you don't really know what the increases are. You need to know how much they were when they first opened for booking as well. Looking at what the prices are a few days or weeks before the promotion really doesn't tell the tale. Chances are the large increases have already been added. As I was trying to point out, many of these increases are not reasonable.

I think the increase is reasonable if they can get it. If your two cruises are nearly sold out, at it isn't for a while (fall) then maybe they undercharged from a business perspective.

We're on a popular sailing in Asia where a S2 on Millie is selling for $6099/person for a 14 days sailing. RS sold out at $6299 and CS sold out at $4799 and even S1 sold out at $5849 (but most sold between $3999 and $4499.

Forgetting prices increases year over year, there were a number of bookings over the past week or so, where people knew they could book with good promo and add a promo later, as those bookings happened, supply decreased, more people foundout about the promos and more cabins went away, prices increase.

It's supply and demand! The only thing you can do to stop it is not book ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Not sure what program our 2016 south american cruises were booked under but they each had $250 OBC and free gratuities back in March, when booked...C2 cabins at C3 prices.

Our travel agent tells me, I can add 1-2-3 for $100 per person per cruise. (note: that seems to have no relationship to the cruise fare which has gone up more than that amount....so it's a mystery). It seems that we can essentially add the classic drink package for $100 per person per cruise which is a "no brainer" no matter what's in it.

Alternatively, we can just rebook in A2 with another TA and get upgraded to the premium drink package, but with only $100 OBC vs $250 per cruise. That combo would cost $371 more than the C2 with the classic package....plus the $300 less OBC makes it a cost of $671. If we were going to upgrade the classic package with the C2 to the premium package, the upgrade would cost us $644. Net of this is that we move from C2 to A2 for $27 total. I think Blu is worth that :)

All options include free gratuities.

Is it possible that Celebrity in some countries now starts offering two pricelines for the same cruise - one with, the other without the package?

I was in contact with my TA today - a very well-known agency lots of CC members use to find out about cabin availability ; they really know their stuff - and I was offered two different prices for the same cruise:

The first one was the one offered last Friday before the promotion came out today. The second one included the beverage package OR the gratuities, even if was a European cruise.

The price difference between both was noticeable: almost 900 US-$. :eek:(Prices quoted were approx. 2600 /3500 $ when converted from Euros)

I'll check again with my TA tomorrow, hoping it's a mistake what they wrote. But as I said - they're usually really good at their job...

Another cruise we have been considering for a while has risen in price from Sunday, 31st. to Monday, 1st. Not really much, a couple of hundred, but noticeable as well as the price for that cruise had remained stable for months.

I was also told that the new promotion can definitely not be added to an existing booking - nothing new to us and I don't whine about that, either - different countries, different customs...

We have been given more than one price with different benefits from one of the big "online" agencies depending on whether we were part of a group or not. Maybe they couldn't give the same benefits as part of the group, or the group price went up or who knows what (them I guess) to get you the package.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On the cruise I have booked in December with the 123 Go the cabin prices dropped by $150 generally once that promotion ended in May (but only because of the offer at the time of $300 off per cabin or $300OBC). They went up yesterday by $150pp for all Aqua, CC, Balcony classes, $100 for all OV, $50 for insides.

When I first made enquiries with a large on line TA they did offer me a reduced price if I booked with their group rate without the 123 perk. From memory it was around $270pp cheaper. I decided that free bev package for a 12 day cruise was worth $22pp a day to us so I selected the higher priced perk deal.

After going back all day with my TA and X we were finally able to add the 123Go and keep out $150 deployment OBC. Even though our cruise did go up in price the difference was still less than if we paid for the classic package ourselves so I'm happy.

I just booked my sept 3rd 2015 cruise from amsterdam to Rome.

Really simple booking comapre to others , the price stayed the same as yesterday. I've chosen the classic package and the $300 credit.

Simple as that...:)

Germain

Does it state anywhere on your confirmation that you getting the 25 bonus CC points?

My travel agent added this new 123go to our existing booking so we are happy but he too had to call Celebrity to get it worked out and I was emailing him back and forth all day!

Thanks

Is it possible that Celebrity in some countries now starts offering two pricelines for the same cruise - one with, the other without the package?

I was in contact with my TA today - a very well-known agency lots of CC members use to find out about cabin availability ; they really know their stuff - and I was offered two different prices for the same cruise:

The first one was the one offered last Friday before the promotion came out today. The second one included the beverage package OR the gratuities, even if was a European cruise.

The price difference between both was noticeable: almost 900 US-$. (Prices quoted were approx. 2600 /3500 $ when converted from Euros)

I'll check again with my TA tomorrow, hoping it's a mistake what they wrote. But as I said - they're usually really good at their job...

Another cruise we have been considering for a while has risen in price from Sunday, 31st. to Monday, 1st. Not really much, a couple of hundred, but noticeable as well as the price for that cruise had remained stable for months.

I was also told that the new promotion can definitely not be added to an existing booking - nothing new to us and I don't whine about that, either - different countries, different customs...

I have had similar occur on a Mar 15 Aust/NZ sailing. Price went up over $1000 with intro of 123GO Offer from a quote I had secured last week!! But what the difference is, the original quote Celebrity was 'discounting' the fares - for pax 1 & @ $300 each. For Pax 3/4 it was $260 each. So this made 'last weeks' quote cheap. The quote with 123GO offer had those 'discounts' removed which i assume was part of their previous offer. I know I wanted a piece of cake AND eat the icing lol :D by getting the old price WITH the 123GO promo - but I understand they are 2 separate promotions. I don't know how such drastic changes in pricing can affect some cruises but not others - but good luck to those who were able to score a great deal!!

I just booked my sept 3rd 2015 cruise from amsterdam to Rome.

Really simple booking comapre to others , the price stayed the same as yesterday. I've chosen the classic package and the $300 credit.

Simple as that...:)

Germain

I really like that itinerary, that was our second choice

I think the increase is reasonable if they can get it. If your two cruises are nearly sold out, at it isn't for a while (fall) then maybe they undercharged from a business perspective.

We're on a popular sailing in Asia where a S2 on Millie is selling for $6099/person for a 14 days sailing. RS sold out at $6299 and CS sold out at $4799 and even S1 sold out at $5849 (but most sold between $3999 and $4499.

Forgetting prices increases year over year, there were a number of bookings over the past week or so, where people knew they could book with good promo and add a promo later, as those bookings happened, supply decreased, more people foundout about the promos and more cabins went away, prices increase.

It's supply and demand! The only thing you can do to stop it is not book ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You're entitled to your opinion and of course supply and demand is always the major motivator. That doesn't mean that marketing people don't have ways of taking advantage of the consumer's gullibility as well.

I've spent close to 500 days on celebrity ships over the last twenty years and have seen the cycles. I think I have a fairly good insight into what is going on. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Let me know when you have studied the market for 20 years and we'll talk. LOL:)

You're entitled to your opinion and of course supply and demand is always the major motivator. That doesn't mean that marketing people don't have ways of taking advantage of the consumer's gullibility as well.

I've spent close to 500 days on celebrity ships over the last twenty years and have seen the cycles. I think I have a fairly good insight into what is going on. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Let me know when you have studied the market for 20 years and we'll talk. LOL:)

I don't think I am disagreeing with you that prices are going up in a lot of cases, certainly not all, and that it may be due in part to the promotions. As I stated elsewhere, if they can raise the price, and give something back to get something to book, but it costs them less than the discount, they're doing ok. The only place we may differ is the causation. You can study for as long as you want, you may find lots of correlations, but it still won't equal causation. Determining causation is an entirely different and more difficult thing to prove.

Regardless of the reason/cause, if we all keep booking, they'll, raise prices until we stop. If we book more with promotions, they'll definitelly keep doing promotions AND raise prices as much as they can.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Does it state anywhere on your confirmation that you getting the 25 bonus CC points?

My travel agent added this new 123go to our existing booking so we are happy but he too had to call Celebrity to get it worked out and I was emailing him back and forth all day!

Thanks

No. I called back Captains Club. She said it showed on her end I will get the 25 bonus points, after we sail. She did admit they are having a hard time with promo bonus points and they have to manually enter them in. She said a couple weeks after we get back if it is still not showing to call. Our cruise is a year away so hopefully I remember then :)

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

We booked 2 cruises while aboard the Millennium, but the first is up $200 pp, so the 1-2-3 is not worth it. The 2nd is to NZ/AUS and I believe the perks are no different from what we received, because only Europe cruises get 2 of the 1-2-3, right?

You might want the extra points, be sure to check if you still can get to change your cruise if you add any 123 Percs. I'm still trying to find out whether folks who did an on board booking then added Percs from the 123 promo got to keep the option of changing their cruise and keeping their Percs.

You might want the extra points, be sure to check if you still can get to change your cruise if you add any 123 Percs. I'm still trying to find out whether folks who did an on board booking then added Percs from the 123 promo got to keep the option of changing their cruise and keeping their Percs.

I don't think so. You could probably keep the OBC but my freebie codes changed around the drink package

I don't think so. You could probably keep the OBC but my freebie codes changed around the drink package

Thanks for that info. The ability to keep the package through changes is pretty important to us since we booked a cruise 14 months out. I guess some assume if they have to change at some point, 123 offer might be in effect.

Thanks for that info. The ability to keep the package through changes is pretty important to us since we booked a cruise 14 months out. I guess some assume if they have to change at some point, 123 offer might be in effect.

That was why I caved and did it. I wasn't going to originally as I thought it would only be for $100 but when my TA confirmed I could keep everything I had and get free gratuities added ($314) I went for it thinking that these promos are almost permanent

Hi All,

Does anyone have access to the original early booking offer for 2015? I am convinced it said you could combine with one other offer and keep OBC? If anyone can find the terms, at least I have writen back up!

This is for a uk booking if that makes any differences.

Hello, I'm sure you're right about the early booking offer too. In fact I've just come off the phone with celebrity and had the offer added to our booking made March 2014 for September 2015' choice of any 2 from free grats, drinks or up to 300 dollars obc. We agreed to have the existing obc removed as the free grats were better value. The agent confirmed that if there were any offers in the future just ring and they can be put in place. We're happy!

Hi All,

Does anyone have access to the original early booking offer for 2015? I am convinced it said you could combine with one other offer and keep OBC? If anyone can find the terms, at least I have writen back up!

The terms for the 2015 early booking offer are still available on the Celebrity UK website -

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/discover-in-2015-terms-and-conditions.aspx

Well I'm stunned they got mine (almost) right.

Had originally booked a few weeks ago with an early deployment $150 OBC. Was told I could add a perk. Along comes the latest 123 and after a slight argument they said yes, you can combine.

Waited 24 hours for correct invoice and it finally came. We now have a $125 OBC (actually, one psgr $25, one psgr $100), so $25 less but more than made up for by the Gratuities being covered.

We took Gratuities rather than drinks because we get the Elite cocktails every night, plus water/tea in AQ, and we'd rather get a nice bottle of wine at dinner so we might do one of the wine packages (after we use our Elite wine coupons if they still have them).

Plenty of liquids for us :)

Hi All,

I have an email from Captain's Club "Your exclusive Priority Access to new 2015-16 South America sailings is here." dated Thu, 06 Mar 2014.

"As a valued Captain's Club Member, we're giving you Priority Access to Celebrity's 2015/16 World Tour. For five days, when each new destination opens for booking, you'll have the first chance to book your desired stateroom on your desired ship.

Now open: NEW South America and Panama Canal sailings

When you book by April 30, 2014, you'll get up to $350* to spend on board. Plus,

this offer is combinable with a future offer of your choice. So book today and prepare

for your modern, upscale vacation. "

I had links to two (2) press releases to the same effect. Today both now indicated "site under maintenance". In fact this links active yesterday were included in an email to my TA as when I asked to have the promised future offer added was told I must come up with $1350 each as we have a suite going through the Panama Canal and has gone up dramatically.

If you would like the emailed forwarded please provide an email address.

Hi All,

We are in the UK and booked towards the end of April for August next year. We got $250 OBC at the time and booked through a TA. We have just had the classic drinks package added to our booking today with no changes to the booking in any way. Plus an extra $50 OBC.

The TA thought there would be no problems getting it added when I spoke to her as she also thought it would be covered under the early booking terms.

Has anyone successfully used both?

Yes, I just booked last night with an older Passages (purchased ~3 years ago). Got the beverage pkg, OBC (from Passages), room upgrade for Captain's club, 25 extra club points for 9 mths in advance.