Can any department help me

picantel

I will be on the liberty in 4 days and today my kid informed me that his best friend will be on the sunshine which is in 3 days. The extra amount of the cruise would cost me $249 to switch over. However, when I called they said I would have to purchase a new cruise and still owe on the first one. I realize most places have change/cancellation fees but honestly neither cruise is sold out and they would make more money if I switched. Is there any department that can help with this and have some common sense or am I stuck on what I have? thanks

Call back and ask for a Supervisor. Be calm and just state your case. Explain that you want to pay the additional cost, that you just want the kids to be together. Explain that there are open cabins on both ships.

We have switched ships once before, it took a few calls but it worked out.

The other question is do you call during the day when there are more managers/decision makers around or do you call later when call volume is lighter and the people are a little more relaxed.

Let us know how this plays out.

I had received a letter book by such and such date and receive a OBC. I was booked on a cruise already but wanted to switch from early pricing to the OBC. It worked where it would save me about $350.00. I was told no several times that I would have to cancel and rebook. Finally got ahold of a supervisor in their promotion department and she was wonderful. Worked out well since the cruise I am on keeps going up on prices and no drops! So, dont give up and let us know what happens.

I had received a letter book by such and such date and receive a OBC. I was booked on a cruise already but wanted to switch from early pricing to the OBC. It worked where it would save me about $350.00. I was told no several times that I would have to cancel and rebook. Finally got ahold of a supervisor in their promotion department and she was wonderful. Worked out well since the cruise I am on keeps going up on prices and no drops! So, dont give up and let us know what happens.

Aren't you just talking about switching booking codes on the same ship or am I misunderstanding?

OP is wanting to change ships with only 4 days until the cruise.

If I understood you correctly the OP's situation is totally different. If i misunderstood i apologize.

OP I hope you can pull a rabbit out of your hat. With bookings down CCL has been making some decisions lately in the pax favor so good luck.:)

Bill

The day crew shot me down. I was not even allowed to talk to a supervisor. In light of what happened on my last trip I will just use royal carribean for all future cruises. Lesson learned.

P.S. I do not blame them per se but carnival has terrible customer service and there was room on the sunshine in which they would have made more money and kept a customer happy.

I am sorry that you did not get the answer you wanted.

Maybe it will turn out to be a good thing? Your son will learn that he can have fun with new friends and you will be able to be on the cruise you chose in the first place!

I hope you all have a good time!

The day crew shot me down. I was not even allowed to talk to a supervisor. In light of what happened on my last trip I will just use royal carribean for all future cruises. Lesson learned.

P.S. I do not blame them per se but carnival has terrible customer service and there was room on the sunshine in which they would have made more money and kept a customer happy.

I don't know how Carnival is providing terrible customer service. The cancellation penalties are clearly spelled out.

OP, It doesn't seem like you're canceling a cruise because you're booking another one in it's place, but it is in the eyes of Carnival's contracts and deadlines. I'd be surprised if RCI's contracts were any different. It's sad that your child won't be able to sail with their best friend, but at the end of the day, you and your child are on vacation. Perhaps next time you can coordinate with the caretakers of the other child and plan accordingly.

I am sorry that you could not find someone who would look at the bigger picture.

I understand that the rules and regulations on the contract say, companies need to apply common sense to customer requests.

There have to be cancellation policies in place and I doubt RCI or any other cruise line would have let you do what you wanted to in this situation.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While what you want seems reasonable it is actually against policy, would you expect a hotel like Hilton with a prepaid charged room to refund you a hotel cost in Miami if you wanted to switch to a hilton hotel in San Francisco? Especially just a few days away.

My problem is they wouldn't let you talk to a supervisor. If I want a supervisor I would expect a supervisor put on the phone. Even if they had to repeat what I didn't want to hear. That is bad customer service.

You picked that ship for a reason so I am sure you will have a great time. You went above and beyond as a mom, my response would have been, "that's nice they are cruising the same week". Enjoy your family time.

They can't just let people change cruises for any old reason with now 3 days until sailing. Enjoy the cruise you booked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Seems strange to me they are best friends and they didnt discuss this with you right from the start. When I was a kid we always knew what each other was doing and would have asked right away. I don't understand why wait til just before the cruise. Believe it or not but there has been alot of planning for your group.What time you are dining how many at your table how you want your beds single or double. your sail and sign arrangements. I don't think they are being unreasonable.

Just a quick update. I fully realize I am being unreasonable now but they offered to switch for $50 a person. I am just the type of person who cannot throw money away. They told me the liberty I am on sold out so they would have to put it up for resale. I am somewhat confused about this rationale though as the liberty would have one open cabin that sales in 2 days and the sunshine sails tomorrow and has 24 open cabins left so why are they so concerned about 1 when they should be about the remaining 24 more expensive rooms. Oh well I tried... and tried... and tried lol.

It's your kids best friend and he just found out he was cruising the same week. You would think he would have heard something months the ago. When I was a kid if I asked my parents to change vacation plans they would have said too bad for you. I would have been happy as Heck I was going on a cruise at all. Kids are really spoiled now a days. We were lucky if we went anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app