Hotels on Ft. Lauderdale Water Taxi Route

MDavis23

I have been researching hotels and am getting weary doing so. Hoping that with all the knowledge on these boards some of you may have some great input. We are looking for a hotel on or close to the Fort Lauderdale water taxi route. We would like to go to Las Olas Boulevard as well as take the water taxi to see other sights. There are five in our party, four adults and one teenager. I have found the Doubletree Gallery One Hotel (we can either get two rooms or one room to accommodate all of us), the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, as well as the Bahia Mar. I know there are other hotels out there on the water taxi route, but we don't want to pay into the $300s for the one night. Any information, suggestions, input, would be great. Thank you in advance!

I have been researching hotels and am getting weary doing so. Hoping that with all the knowledge on these boards some of you may have some great input. We are looking for a hotel on or close to the Fort Lauderdale water taxi route. We would like to go to Las Olas Boulevard as well as take the water taxi to see other sights. There are five in our party, four adults and one teenager. I have found the Doubletree Gallery One Hotel (we can either get two rooms or one room to accommodate all of us), the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, as well as the Bahia Mar. I know there are other hotels out there on the water taxi route, but we don't want to pay into the $300s for the one night. Any information, suggestions, input, would be great. Thank you in advance!

You have named 3......those are correct. The other 2 I know are

on the route are The Hilton Marina and Hyatt Pier 66. And a 3rd one is

The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. The water taxi spot is about a block and 1/2

behind the hotel.

So that makes 6 choices.....not sure which one is the least expensive.

Edited by Lois R

We stayed at the Doubletree Gallery One last month. I got a rate of $120/nt on LMT. You might check there for great rates.

I booked the Gallery One for next April via the Hilton website and got a AAA rate of $151, which I thought was pretty good, compared to some of the other places I looked at.:eek:

I don't show it listed on the LMT website for my date, unless it's one that doesn't show the name until you book. I will continue to check, to see if I'll be able to save a few $$.

I booked the Gallery One for next April via the Hilton website and got a AAA rate of $151, which I thought was pretty good, compared to some of the other places I looked at.:eek:

I don't show it listed on the LMT website for my date, unless it's one that doesn't show the name until you book. I will continue to check, to see if I'll be able to save a few $$.

I checked the Club site and it doesn't appear to be available yet. It's probably still a little early for a site like LMT to have it.

YOu can see all the routes and stops here. As well as prices. The stops are a short walk from several hotels, if not directly at the door like Gallery One. Not sure what "sights" you are planning. Can't give you help finding the best pricing since we don't know when you will be there.

watertaxi.com

Edited by eandj

The only two dates I see listed on your signature are for MLK Jr weekend in January and Easter Week in 2015. Both of those dates will be very expensive.

The only hotel I know of on the water taxi route that isn't expensive is the Days Inn (if they haven't taken the franchise away) at Bahia Cabana and it is a DUMP. You'll still pay close to $200 per night for those dates.

I checked the Club site and it doesn't appear to be available yet. It's probably still a little early for a site like LMT to have it.

If you are looking for a hotel after your cruise, that is boat show weekend and they will probably not have any availability. Boat show sells out city wide.

The only two dates I see listed on your signature are for MLK Jr weekend in January and Easter Week in 2015. Both of those dates will be very expensive.

If these are indeed the dates you need, you would be happy to get the Bahia Mar. Cheapest rooms are in the the small building. Not as nice as the tower rooms. But the location across the street from the beach is nice. As well as on the water taxi route.

Another option if you really are finding peak room rates is to look at hotels closer to the airport ( which will propbably include airport shuttle) and rent an suv or just cab it into town for the day. Cab into town will be only about $15-20 depending on where you are. Hotels there will be less costly and with a car/cab nothing stops you from visiting the city,Las Olas, water taxi etc. Might get into one fo the chain suite hotels too.

If you are looking for a hotel after your cruise, that is boat show weekend and they will probably not have any availability. Boat show sells out city wide.

Thanks for this info. My repsonse was related to heatherbean's stay in April 2015. I'm not looking into that hotel for myself.

Which stop would be most convenient for the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort? It appears to be within the routes but not necessarily directly on it.

Thanks! :)

The closest stop is Beach Place stop. It's at least 6 blocks away.

Thanks for this info. My repsonse was related to heatherbean's stay in April 2015. I'm not looking into that hotel for myself.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll check back periodically to see if it's listed. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app