Sushi at Wasabi - Getaway

LrgPizza

I am curious... The menu for maki sushi at Wasabi lists only a few things. Are these seriously the only choices, or do they actually have a sushi chef that will make a wider variety of rolls?

(This is stupid that I am asking this here when I could ask on the ship in a few days. Oh well. :p )

IMG_8972.jpg

Sure, they can make a variety of rolls & sashimi on the ship, providing that they stock those in refrigeration - and over time, quality do decline as it lose freshness - things haven't changed a lot since we first started cruising NCL 12+ years ago and their Japanese menu choices have been trimmed (for cost saving & better inventory control)

AFAIK, they have salmon, eel, tuna (2-3 variety) and yellowtail. Plus, pawn/shrimp, octopus, scallops and (fish imitation) crabsticks. Land-based sushi bar is where you want to go & they are easy in find in Miami, time-permitting - softshell crabs (in season), lobster sashimi, snapper, squid, mackerel, sea urchin, and clam, etc.

Given their limited choices & availability from the kitchen gallery - you can always ask & see if they can improvise. I remained doubtful - as we would be very happy with chicken teriyaki, beef sukiyaki, pork katsu, and, ramen noodles.

Thanks for the reply. I remember having all-you-can-eat sushi on the NCL Spirit several years ago. The sushi chef was amazing, and he just kept creating new and unique things for us to try. It was so much fun. Too bad it's no longer like that.

I understand quality declining, etc. I was just amazed to see only 4 types of rolls listed. It hardly seems worth taking up the space.

That's only 1 page of the menu. We had "surprises" made for us every day.
I saw a page that had nigiri and sashimi, but that was the only page I saw that had maki. Hopefully they will make us surprises. Based on the nigiri selections, it's apparent they have other items they could use in rolls. (I'm a sushi junkie.)

• 2 weeks later...

John, you are missing a menu page of maki/sushi rolls. I took a photo this week, and I'll share when I get organized. That's why I was in disbelief before I left that the menu would only have 4 rolls listed. There are actually several others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

John, you are missing a menu page of maki/sushi rolls. I took a photo this week, and I'll share when I get organized. That's why I was in disbelief before I left that the menu would only have 4 rolls listed. There are actually several others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the correction. I look forward to seeing the missing page.

Thanks for the correction. I look forward to seeing the missing page.

Here it is. It was the page right before the page in the first post of this thread. So there are 2 pages of Maki, not just one. Feel free to take this from my photobucket and stick it in yours if you want (I'm not sure how that works.)

IMG_6735_zpsedc0f695.jpg

Here it is. It was the page right before the page in the first post of this thread. So there are 2 pages of Maki, not just one. Feel free to take this from my photobucket and stick it in yours if you want (I'm not sure how that works.)

IMG_6735_zpsedc0f695.jpg

Thanks. I copied your photo and added it to my album of menus to make sure that it's complete for future reference. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience on the GA (for the most part).