Google Hang Out 11/06/2014

I am currently in the process of being picked to do a Google hangout with RCI about Quantum on the 11/06/2014. VP of Entertainment and Kristin Chenoweth will be present.

I was planning on asking questions in relation to the music hall and entertainment suitable for my age group 30+ Has anyone else ever been involved with this process before or been picked to participate

This is only the second one they'v ever done. I was involved in the first one which was all about dynamic dining and took place the day after the announcement. Wonder if we'll see an entertainment announcement on June 10th if this is the 11th.

It was a lot of fun and they take it much more seriously than I expected. Their were a few individual test chats with the person running the session for RCCL to ensure your setup is suitable for the event as well as a group session the day before with everyone to go over some things. We then had to join the "greenroom" an hour before the event and ran through rehearsals. We then did a final rehearsal once Adam Goldstein arrived before going live. It may just be a google hangout, but RCCL treats it like a full production event. It's a fun experience though and you get to meet a bunch of other royal fans as well.

Not sure who the VP of Entertainment is but the person that was supposed to be Quantum's CD went to Miami instead so I wonder if it's him. You're so lucky to get to chat with Kristin! I'm dying to know when she is going to sail Quantum. She claims to have never taken a cruise before but has said that she wants to take all of her nieces and nephews on Quantum. As a huge Pushing Daisies fan I'm hoping she is on the 11/23 inaugural sailing. ;)

Edited by DEIx15x8

I replied to a Facebook post...next thing I know I get an email asking me for what questions I would like to ask...

Then I was asked today to log onto Google hangout to test my computer and my connection..

I have another briefing on Monday evening as well...

If picked do you think they could maybe give me something nice during my next cruise on Quantum for being a good sport? :)

The wife thinks I am crazy

It would be great if you could ask him if they are considering venues with live background music. I love to sit in the Central Park and talk to my wife while listening to the musicians. But we never find a bar with live music and a volume that allows a chat.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Forums

While I am on it.Iit would also be interesting to know what location they will be using for The Quest. I believe that the result of another discussion on this board was:

- See Plex not enough space for audience.

- Main Theater risk of injury.

Therefore we would end up with 270 as location.

Nov 6???? Won't the ship be out by then. That's a ways off to do setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The notation of the date is not optimal. It is on the 11th of June

Edited by AntiCatCH

While I am on it.Iit would also be interesting to know what location they will be using for The Quest. I believe that the result of another discussion on this board was:

- See Plex not enough space for audience.

- Main Theater risk of injury.

Therefore we would end up with 270 as location.

Music Hall would be another possibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Nov 6???? Won't the ship be out by then. That's a ways off to do setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP is from Ireland- we write our dates in the format day/month/year as opposed to the American way of month/day/year :)

This is only the second one they'v ever done. I was involved in the first one which was all about dynamic dining and took place the day after the announcement. Wonder if we'll see an entertainment announcement on June 10th if this is the 11th.

It was a lot of fun and they take it much more seriously than I expected. Their were a few individual test chats with the person running the session for RCCL to ensure your setup is suitable for the event as well as a group session the day before with everyone to go over some things. We then had to join the "greenroom" an hour before the event and ran through rehearsals. We then did a final rehearsal once Adam Goldstein arrived before going live. It may just be a google hangout, but RCCL treats it like a full production event. It's a fun experience though and you get to meet a bunch of other royal fans as well.

Not sure who the VP of Entertainment is but the person that was supposed to be Quantum's CD went to Miami instead so I wonder if it's him. You're so lucky to get to chat with Kristin! I'm dying to know when she is going to sail Quantum. She claims to have never taken a cruise before but has said that she wants to take all of her nieces and nephews on Quantum. As a huge Pushing Daisies fan I'm hoping she is on the 11/23 inaugural sailing. ;)

another participant here for the one on Dynamic Dining. Hi Derek :)

It was an great opportunity, fun experience definitely I feel fortunate to have been selected to participate in. Look forward to meeting you on the inaugural sailing Derek and who knows maybe even Kristen.:):)

To the OP have fun with it. :) we'll be watching

another participant here for the one on Dynamic Dining. Hi Derek :)

It was an great opportunity, fun experience definitely I feel fortunate to have been selected to participate in. Look forward to meeting you on the inaugural sailing Derek and who knows maybe even Kristen.:):)

To the OP have fun with it. :) we'll be watching

Emmy, that would be really cool to meet Kristen. Hope you do.

Being a loyal Crown & Anchor Society member, we'd love to invite you to participate in our upcoming Google Hangout with Kristin Chenoweth and our VP of Entertainment, Nick Weir. The Google Hangout, hosted on June 11th at 1:00pm PST in Las Vegas, will cover all things Entertainment at Royal Caribbean, as well as a preview of our newest Entertainment reveal for our Quantum Class ships.

hope that helps

Being a loyal Crown & Anchor Society member, we'd love to invite you to participate in our upcoming Google Hangout with Kristin Chenoweth and our VP of Entertainment, Nick Weir. The Google Hangout, hosted on June 11th at 1:00pm PST in Las Vegas, will cover all things Entertainment at Royal Caribbean, as well as a preview of our newest Entertainment reveal for our Quantum Class ships.

hope that helps

Great thanks.

hope that helps

Sounds different than the last one. Maybe they are planning to have them reveal the entertainment in a live stream and then go right into a Q&A google hangout this time. Last time they were in NYC because the event the day earlier was there, but the actual location was irrelevant to the hangout. Since they are going to Vegas instead of staying in Miami something else must be happening with it that is location dependent. They keep pushing the MGM Resorts partnership, maybe something with their entertainment side working with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Sounds different than the last one. Maybe they are planning to have them reveal the entertainment in a live stream and then go right into a Q&A google hangout this time. Last time they were in NYC because the event the day earlier was there, but the actual location was irrelevant to the hangout. Since they are going to Vegas instead of staying in Miami something else must be happening with it that is location dependent. They keep pushing the MGM Resorts partnership, maybe something with their entertainment side working with Royal Caribbean.

The MGM angle is a good possibility. One other is the fact that Wicked will be playing in Vegas this fall. Maybe Wicked will be the show on Anthem. There was some thought floating around after Kristin Chenoweth was named godmother for Quantum that maybe Wicked would be on Quantum.