CC group cruises anyone else receive ZERO points toward VIFP

I chalked it up to Typical Carnival Inconsistencies. :rolleyes:

And I would chalk it up to a Typical Cruise Critic Screw-Up. It was a Cruise Critic group cruise, right?

Sure would not be the first time Cruise Critic screwed up.:D

The answer is no, it does not count towards your VIFP points.

From what I gleaned from earlier posts on this subject, those that paid $40 or $80 pp to upgrade their cabins to ocean view or balconies did get the VIFP points, but those that just kept the inside cabin did not. Waiting to see if that was accurate or not.

From what I gleaned from earlier posts on this subject, those that paid $40 or $80 pp to upgrade their cabins to ocean view or balconies did get the VIFP points, but those that just kept the inside cabin did not. Waiting to see if that was accurate or not.

Did not read all the posts, thanks for the clarification. That would def make me want to upgrade;)

Again - it was a mixed bag of answers.

We did NOT upgrade, yet received points. So go figure...

To the other poster who mentioned Cruise Critic screw up - I thought I should clarify that ours was NOT a Cruise Critic cruise, so totally different situation than the OP. And my apologies for getting this conversation off track.

Again - it was a mixed bag of answers.

We did NOT upgrade, yet received points. So go figure...

To the other poster who mentioned Cruise Critic screw up - I thought I should clarify that ours was NOT a Cruise Critic cruise, so totally different situation than the OP. And my apologies for getting this conversation off track.

Actually, I got it off track, but I'll share credit. LOL

Now I wonder if all of the people getting the free cruisers earlier this year are getting credit for those cruises. I bet not.

I just got back last weekend from the free cruise and got the points. We did not upgrade but I did have a 2 cat upgrade available to use and was put on a higher floor. We booked a HC room but I think those are considered inside cabins despite the window.

Edited by tinlizzy

I used to do group cruises in the early 00's. One of the group leader perks was a private party with the officers with some serious appetizers and too shelf drinks.

We would run into people that would boast that they would make a career out of being a group leader and sailing for free. We would simply divide that free berth fare(s) among the group.

Sounds like this group leader was rearranging cabins. Yours was the one originally designated for them.

I used to do group cruises in the early 00's. One of the group leader perks was a private party with the officers with some serious appetizers and too shelf drinks.

We would run into people that would boast that they would make a career out of being a group leader and sailing for free. We would simply divide that free berth fare(s) among the group.

Sounds like this group leader was rearranging cabins. Yours was the one originally designated for them.

So how or what do you suggest I do as a course of action.

The way I see it, someone got credit for my 2k worth of cabin and since all the info is still available, they should be able to debit the other persons points and credit us.

So how or what do you suggest I do as a course of action.

The way I see it, someone got credit for my 2k worth of cabin and since all the info is still available, they should be able to debit the other persons points and credit us.

Do you have the name of the travel agency or person used to book this cruise. If not, is there someone at Cruise Critic that can help you get info.

Then work right up the line at Carnival till you get that right ear.

Do you have the name of the travel agency or person used to book this cruise. If not, is there someone at Cruise Critic that can help you get info.

Then work right up the line at Carnival till you get that right ear.

Its the current cruise critic TA that still does the group cruises.

CCL has verified to me that it was a free cabin.

This was a big group.There were probably 10 free cabins so the group leaders took 2 cabins and the other 8 were available, so someone pocketed my cash and put me in the free one.

This was the problem cruise from the start and the more I think about it the more it makes sense

We were supposed to get $25 room credit,I did not, I had fight with the TA when I got home. So it appears that free rooms don't get OBC in retrospect.

This was a big group.There were probably 10 free cabins so the group leaders took 2 cabins and the other 8 were available, so someone pocketed my cash and put me in the free one.

This is how TA's offer cruise fares for less money. Technically, there are free cabins but in reality the TA just divides the savings for the free cabins with everyone in the group. (The money you and the others assigned to the free cabins paid was just divided up in the form of a savings to everyone else - you included).

It's unfortunate that some won't get credit for these types of cruise fares.

Edited by tinlizzy

This is how TA's offer cruise fares for less money. Technically, there are free cabins but in reality the TA just divides the savings for the free cabins with everyone in the group. (The money you and the others assigned to the free cabins paid was just divided up in the form of a savings to everyone else - you included).

It's unfortunate that some won't get credit for these types of cruise fares.

As an end consumer I really don't care how the inner workings work. I paid the same fare as eveyone else so I am entilted to the same benefits.

I am thankfull that I printed everything back then from CC including the terms and conditions,rates, perks,ect and I even have the original cruise packet. So if there was a disclaimer somewhere, please tell me where to look.:D I have my documents, do they have theirs?:eek::D

• 1 month later...

I am still getting nowhere with the official TA of Group cruises on this site. Last email I got was a few weeks ago that they were going to get together with CCL.

How long does it take to get together? Are they going to fly from NH to FL to discuss this? I don't think so, they pick up the phone.