Carnival Miracle vs. Princess Crown

izmeeh

I'm looking at a cruise to Mexico in February 2015. I've been on the Carnival Miracle with 2 days in Cabo (didn't like it much) and 1 day in PV (loved it).

Carnival Early Saver vs. Princess rate. I'm not so sure of the price drop policy on Princess. I've read that they will match up to 70 days before the cruise only if the rate is available for current booking. However, lots of sales are for new booking.

Interior forward: $569 vs. $749

Interior aft: $569 vs. $759

Interior midship: $579 vs. $779/$789

Carnival Miracle has the interior french door rooms for an additional $25.

Carnival Miracle

2/14 LA

2/15 At Sea

2/16 Cabo 11 AM - 7 PM

2/17 Mazatlan 8 AM - 5 PM

2/18 PV 8 AM - 8 PM

2/19 At Sea

2/20 At Sea

2/21 LA

Princess Crown

2/14 LA

2/15 At Sea

2/16 At Sea

2/17 PV 10 AM - 6 PM

2/18 Mazatlan 7 AM - 5 PM

2/19 Cabo 7 AM - 2 PM

2/20 At Sea

2/21 LA

If you're in my situation, which cruise would you book?

Because you are a past guest on Carnival, you are eligible for a Past Guest/VIP rate on Princess. However, you will have to call to get more pricing details and will have to fax in proof of your past guest status on Carnival Cruise Lines.

Princess also allows travel agents to discount their cruise rate so finding a high volume travel agent that deals mostly with Princess can save you 10-20% off your cruise fare and provide onboard credits, wine/champagne and various other items.

You are eligible for price drops up until final payment. After final payment, you will need to cancel and rebook. Unless you book at a sale rate, the deposit should be refundable and it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes for them to cancel/rebook you in the same stateroom.

I like variety in life so I would pay to try Princess just to try and see if I am missing something. I just did that with NCL. Turned out good.

I went to Alaska with NCL. It was awesome. Love the observation lounge.

I'm looking at a cruise to Mexico in February 2015. I've been on the Carnival Miracle with 2 days in Cabo (didn't like it much) and 1 day in PV (loved it).

Carnival Early Saver vs. Princess rate. I'm not so sure of the price drop policy on Princess. I've read that they will match up to 70 days before the cruise only if the rate is available for current booking. However, lots of sales are for new booking.

Interior forward: $569 vs. $749

Interior aft: $569 vs. $759

Interior midship: $579 vs. $779/$789

Carnival Miracle has the interior french door rooms for an additional $25.

Carnival Miracle

2/14 LA

2/15 At Sea

2/16 Cabo 11 AM - 7 PM

2/17 Mazatlan 8 AM - 5 PM

2/18 PV 8 AM - 8 PM

2/19 At Sea

2/20 At Sea

2/21 LA

Princess Crown

2/14 LA

2/15 At Sea

2/16 At Sea

2/17 PV 10 AM - 6 PM

2/18 Mazatlan 7 AM - 5 PM

2/19 Cabo 7 AM - 2 PM

2/20 At Sea

2/21 LA

If you're in my situation, which cruise would you book?[/qHave been on both ships, almost identical itineraries, from NYC. 2 ships could not be more different. You've been on Miracle, so you know the decor. Crown Princess is much more sedate and quite classy in appearance. Staterooms definatly larger on Miracle, and the french door means fresh air and light. For some reason, the Miracle always has a great crew. Been on her twice and the service was great, both times. Crown Princess had good service, but laid back and understated. Seating in the theatre on Crown was very tight. I nver took a cruise I didn't like; but for you, I think CP.

Do you want the Buick or the Chevy? Carnival is the Chevy, Princess is the Buick. I much prefer Princess if it is going where I want to go when I am able to travel, but often it isn't, so I will go on Carnival. Unless it's a lot more expensive, I would choose Princess for the more upscale experience such as the (free) champagne party one evening in the atrium. Princess will have more live bands, Carnival a DJ for entertainment poolside.

Only you can decide on which ship. But looking at the itineraries I'd go with Carnival. A full 12 hours in PV then Two sea days, one day to party then another to ramp down a bit.

We're not big on Cabo either. Was real happy to see Mazatlan back on the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on Crown 2 years ago in the Mediterranean. LOVED Crown. We had a balcony right below the lido... NEVER heard any noise... We were under the outdoor seating right below the buffet. It was great because we went up the Aft stairs to get breakfast every morning. Loved the quiet area for breakfast.

Have fun deciding!

I've done 2 Mexican Riviera cruises: first time with HAL and second with Princess. I loved them both! For me, the downside to the Princess cruise was that the ship departed from Cabo at 2:00. I didn't like leaving so early, especially since that was our last port (and my favorite port). Because of port time was so limited, the Cabo excursions were also limited. I would choose the Miracle cruise because of the longer time in both Cabo and PV.

Do you know how hideous Miracle's interiors are? I know John Heald is the CD, but everyone in my family agrees that Miracle needs to be rethemed or redone. Crown Princess for sure. Make sure to write a review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know how hideous Miracle's interiors are? I know John Heald is the CD, but everyone in my family agrees that Miracle needs to be rethemed or redone. Crown Princess for sure. Make sure to write a review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:) I was on the Miracle earlier this year in a 4K. I don't like the decoration throughout the ship. I understand the decoration on Crown Pricess is better. The question is, is it $200/person better for similar itinerary?

:) I was on the Miracle earlier this year in a 4K. I don't like the decoration throughout the ship. I understand the decoration on Crown Pricess is better. The question is, is it $200/person better for similar itinerary?

Honestly, it depends more on what type of cruise you are looking for. If you're looking for a more sedate, relaxing cruise, Princess would be a great option. If you're into a more lively nightlife and more Lido activities, Carnival may be right for you. It's always great to try other cruise lines, but if $200pp is a little steep for you to try something new, there's always another opportunity to step outside of the comfort zone.

I've been on both ships and would prefer the Crown over the Miracle. The food was better on Princess, the décor of the Princess ship was cleaner and more elegant, and the service was a notch or two above Carnival.

When in doubt go with class.

Carnival. I was in the same situation, and picked Carnival. The port times are better for Carnival, they're in PV later, and I like having the 2 sea days at the end, so I have 2 days to relax after 3 port days.

I think that you also have to factor in your preferences for a bigger ship vs a smaller one. The Miracle has about 2,000 guests where the Crown is over 3,000. We like the bigger ships with more facilities and activities.

We were on the Miracle last year for New year's and have booked the Crown Princess this year. Bigger is better, to us.

We booked the Miracle doing that itinerary for next April.

For us (a family of 3) a $200pp difference would be the deciding factor. But I like that we spend more time in port with Carnival's itinerary. I also like the 2 days at sea at the end

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk